Fugue States when lost in the woods

Discussion in 'Mental Preparedness' started by OursIsTheFury, Jun 6, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    I have been to several survival forums, and a lot of people who have been lost in the woods (and survived) often claim to have forgotten what they had done in the woods, as well as losing hours or even days, and claim that they have only been lost for a few hours, when in fact, they have been lost for a few weeks. It's a pretty creepy phenomenon, as people would report seeing "things" that are basically characters in fiction, such as faceless men or even hairy beasts that are cognizant of human nature. What do you guys think?

2. cecejailer

cecejailer New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    Isolation can do crazy things to someone's head. I imagine myself walking around and around, seeing the same things and never finding my way, walking in circles desperately. I would go crazy, specially if I didn't know if I was going to make it or not. Obviously these things they claim to see are nothing but mirages, like the ones people see when they're lost and dehydrated in the desert. About the time they think they lost, that's really weird actually, never heard of something like this before, and I would love to read more about this. If you have any links you think are worth sharing, please do.