Fwiw; Statistics On China Virus Patients

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 3, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
  2. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    China demographic is currently heavy on the older generation (above 50) its similar to Japan, South Korea, and Singapore. Not to mention (unrelated to the article) is aspect such as lifestyle, and dietary.

3. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    EXACTLY. Excellent point !

The numbers for the demographics / statistics are one thing.

The planners discount those retired "pensioners", the chronic-sick, ... basically those not in the labor force.

Therefor, reading about an 80 year old Chinese man who died from the coronavirus while in Italy on holiday, gets 2 different entries for the charts.

As an aside, South Korea has the lowest birth rate with Japan and Singapore close. Planners can accurately guess what's pending for these countries.

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    The higher rate of infection and a higher mortality rate is also common to most influenza outbreaks with the exception of the Spanish Influenza. old people and people with compromised immune systems just are not as able to fight off infection of any kind and are several times more likely to have it go on to secondary infections that are more deadly.

5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning TexDanm,

Yes, indeed.

As clear as white light passing through a prism.

Plus, and not sure if I'm generalizing that much,......Chinese men (and many boys) smoke cigarettes like was common here in the US a couple of days ago. A conference room was always loaded with ash trays.

Respiratory ailments ... well ... the stage is set for an epidemic !

6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that al0ng with the smoke, smokers also are constantly touching everything and then moving their hand to their face. I know that when I quit it made a huge difference in the number of upper respiratory issues that I had.

7. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    I currently writing this while smoking, and also doing a whole a lot of other things while smoking. I don't intend to quit either :cool:

fc164e5a2d7b8c9d1180bbaa301c604a.jpeg

fc164e5a2d7b8c9d1180bbaa301c604a.jpeg

8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I started on Camels. If I ever smoke cigarettes again that will be what I smoke. Luckies, and Palmal Red were good too. Putting a filter on a cigarette was like taking a shower with a raincoat on to me. Once I went to filter cigarettes I was on the road to quitting. I smoked from 15 until I was 40. Watching my Mom fight lung cancer while my Dad struggled with emphysema had a lot to do with me finally quiting.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020