Gangs.

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by lonewolf, Jun 25, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    today, according to the UK Governments Childrens Commissioner there are 73,000 under 25 year olds and 32,500 under 15s-some as young as 10- who define themselves as members of a gang, these criminal networks are becoming alternative families and taking the place of "Society".
    last time I checked-some time ago- there were 250 street gangs in London alone.
    I think if you live in a city forget all about the sheeple these are the ones you need to take precautions against post SHTF. they have no morals and no rules-except their own- and will do anything to get what they want, there have been over 70 killings in London this year alone and the S hasn't even hit the fan yet!

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    I was reading some associated news recently about this, it is said that crime has risen steadily since the new gun control measures were put in place. Much the same story here, & now we have the migrant gangs to contend with!!! Not that I have anything against helping refugees, but I do think that when refugees break the law in regards to violence & gang associated crime, that they should be deported back to where they came from.
    Keith.
    a609b493655352b9af0429180ae3cb38.jpeg

3. Oldguy

Oldguy Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Defenceless is a state of mind!
    My six foot hardwood broom handle keeps falling off exposing a tapered end;)
    nasty!

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Master Survivalist
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    It is the same here in the US. In places where the gun control rules have made it so only criminals have the "right" to be armed the violent crime rate soars. The ONLY people that benefit from gun control are the criminals and the Government that has criminal intent down the line.

Gangs are basically just government supported killers that they more or less endorse because they help politicians take away the rights of the good people... all in the name of "protecting" them from the evil guns that are MAKING the gang people do bad things. Let's be real. Everybody KNOWS who the gang members are. Everybody KNOWS what they are doing yet an honest person is more likely to have a problem with a cop than a gang banger.

5. TexDanm

375/460

Blog Posts:
    I think I'll stick with my Mossberg Defender pump shotgun. I get your point though. You use what you have. I would put a knife on the end of that broom handle if I was you though. Better a spear than a pointy stick. Of course where I live it is perfectly acceptable to defend your home, familly and possessions from people with criminal intentions. If I took of a thief's head with a machete or blew a hole in him that you could throw a softball through all it would get me from the cops is a high 5.

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Master Survivalist
      300/345

Blog Posts:
    Your profile reads that you are age 40. At 40, I still imagined that I could walk through concrete walls.

The decades since have seen concrete walls gang up on me. I think maybe I'm old now.

7. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    This U.S. marshal said one time, "I blew a hole through him you could toss a cat through." I don't know why, but that just caught me as downright funny and I liked t'not stopped laughing. He sed, "Then that sum'uh'bitch just walked away." Humans are supernatural.

Bob run he car off they road & tears out him a split rail fence row. One rail invites itself through the windshield and shish kabobs Bob. EMS whip out Mr. Chainsaw. Transport. Nobody loses consciousness ... 'til surgery. Bob lives! Bob be supernatural!

8. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    Gubments am gangs.

9. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    Good folk gonna hafta form gangs. Call'em families. Whatever. When times they git bad, they gonna git oh-my-god-bad, serious-bad. Sideways az a sidewinder. Sick things gonna happen.

Good people gonna hafta do bad things. Whatashame.

I can hear the fan on my computer even with the ringing in my ears. Things are quiet right now. I can hear me breathing. I guess I'm still alive.

10. Oldguy

Oldguy Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I think I'll stick with my Mossberg Defender pump shotgun.

Arh yes but the broom is right there and then and my shotty is locked up!

A steel point is just not needed, a pointy bit of hardwood is all that's needed
    no need to look like you expected anything and were prepared (intent)

Ystranc likes this.
  11. TexDanm

375/460

Blog Posts:
    My Mossberg is beside my bed. Actually there is a gun beside my chair and in the kitchen and in the gun case in the den and in the gun safe in the bedroom. I even have guns in my shops.

The reason for the knife is that it offers the opportunity to slash as well as poke. It also makes grabbing the end of your spear a not so good idea. In the not pointy or sharp sort of weapon I especially like aluminum baseball bats and heavy canes that are made for self defense or stock handling.

I am very thankful every day that I don't have to live with the restrictions so many of you have. It also reinforces to me that I will die free and that they really will get my guns when they pry it from my cold dead hands. It is this attitude that has kept Texas free of the crap that is slowly infesting other places. We were a free and independent nation that joined the US by choice. We will return to that if they violate the contract that is the constitution and bill of rights. There are already things in motion to create a gold based Texas currency.

12. Bishop

Bishop Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I worked with kids from gangs for 13 years they don't think about the out come they just do and then if caught the deal with what ever is thrown there way

13. TexDanm

375/460

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, that is when they come see us here. Prison isn't as bad as they show on the movies but it still totally SUCKS and you are allowed no dignity, privacy or much in the way of decisions. How bad it is going to be is totally up to you.

The sad thing is that for a lot of these people that come to us young is that for many of them it is the most stable and comfortable place that they have ever been. When your Father is not in the picture and your Mother is a junkie your life has very few ups and a lot of downs. Many of them look at paroling out as VACATION and they have no illusions about going straight. Recidivism runs in the 80% to 85% range.

In Texas you get a job and go to work every day. Doing this will over time lead to you moving into less restrictive parts of the prison and eventually into the Trustee camps that are basically a cross between a dorm, an apartment and summer camp. They are not even behind wall in these camps. Usually there is a three or 4 strand barbed wire fence that only goes between the camp and the highway. You can just walk around the end.

These guys are very fond of their privileges and to say they are low risk for escape is a massive understatement. The opposite end of this is getting put in Administrative segregation. Ad-Seg. Imaging living in a small bathroom with a mattress over the tub. You are there 23 hours a day if you are good. If you act up you are in there 24 hours a day and don't get to go stand in a cage alone where you can see the sun for an hour.

At some point we need to come to terms with the fact that some people need to be locked up FOREVER!! What kind of person do you think you will have when someone that has spent years in Ad-Seg and they serve out! These are people that couldn't even function in the narrow restrictive environment of a prison. They are not going to be nice people EVER. Young people that are given life are there because they have done something heinous. Unfortunately the supreme court says that you have to let them out after a certain period of time. SO, they get to kill someone else before they can be locked up for life without parole.

14. Ken S LaTrans

Ken S LaTrans Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    In a P-SHTF world WORL...then any gang members I see will be immediate targets for elimination. Period.

I spent the majority of my LE career working Gangs-Narcotics. I dealt with everyone from neighborhood gangs to Crips, Bloods, Malvos, and MS13. I know these scumbags inside and out and I know firsthand their propensity for violence. They are not to be trusted and far too dangerous to be allowed to live whenever they can be eliminated...and they MUST be eliminated once the rule of law and capacity for detention is gone.

If they are out in my area especially, it means that the cities are done for and picked clean. The upside is that they will be totally out of their element in the desert. They will default to their "urban tactics" of "showing out" moving in the center of streets or roads demonstrating or "represen-in" their colors thinking that it will intimidate people. This is how they think, this is how they act, and this is what they will do...they will default to what they know. What they won't be counting on is the country folk who have been raised in the desert on horseback, with rifles in their hands...hunting and surviving...who will have the sand to do what needs to be done and who can do it from a long way off, well outside the range of "spray and pray" ghetto-tactical shooting paradigm.

What is a mob in the middle of the street? They are a nice, soft, target for one or two fellers who know what they're doing. A gaggle of these turds ANYWHERE you can see them is a clear and present danger and must be dealt with.

This is a reality anyone who may come into contact with so-called "youth gangs" must accept and decide to deal with right now.

15. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    Go to the the range with some big ol' long stick magazines full of ammo ... then take your time to acquire your target before firing.

One must NEVER spray and pray.

(OK, so maybe you need to lay down fire to enable your mates to flank the enemy. That's another story...)

But boyz & gerwls, y'gotta be able to toss some lead if you have multiple assailants coming for your bacon!

If you don't hit one of them solid, you gotta at least tear some meat off his body and make him bleed royally.

16. Ken S LaTrans

38/58

Blog Posts:
    I don't spray or pray...this rifle, though is IS select fire...is my go-to general purpose rifle as it was my last Patrol Rifle. It will keep all the rounds IN THE HEAD at 300 meters with the can attached. Any turds will be dealt with before they hear the rounds that took them out. I have dozens of others in the safes and around the house...but this one will be the one that is and will be with me at all times.

Let the gang bangers spray...and pray that I am not the one they run into.

POF Can Truck.jpg POF Can 2.png Head Shot Target 300m ULC POF Can.jpg

Dunmaghlas likes this.
  17. watcherchris

watcherchris Expert Member
      155/173

Blog Posts:
    Say Ken S LaTrans,

The photo of the select fire rifle with the can on the end....

Looking at the pistol grip....

Is there a storage space in there with some kind of click attaching cover to hold in the contents??

I am not familiar with that particular grip..and don't remember any such from the standard issue M 16s from my days in the Air Force...and National Guard.

OIde Guy,

I like a Mossberg pump shotgun. Have one here in the corner of the Radio Room/Shack with a bandolier of ammunition. Another downstairs. Simple and very effective.

Have pointy things here too..

I like the oriental Parang blade as a working machete....tool.

I like the Assegai short shaft spear as well as simple working tool.

I also like the English Broadsword. or the Hand and a half sword..verses the oriental samurai swords so popular in movies and television.

Don't feel properly dressed unless I have on me some kind of folder...though I also have fixed blades.

For the monies I like the Mora Knife series. Simple ...rugged, inexpensive and something I can afford to lose without being out lots of monies.

I don't take my good knives to work. To many people there with no appreciation or respect for good steel....and good steel costs good monies.

I figure a knife is abused as much and as greatly as the common screwdriver...by people who have no respect for a tool.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  18. Ken S LaTrans

38/58

Blog Posts:
    Yes, it's a MagPul MIAD grip. I store two extra batteries for my light and for my AimPoint dot.

The rifle is a POF Patrol.

19. Oldguy

Oldguy Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Here in Aus again we are lucky, our cities are so spread out that gangs are quite limited.
    Except for Melbourne gangs are very limited and are not a real problem.
    Melbourne on the other hand has a huge problem with a large and daring Black African youth gang,
    it is well organised and they target jewellers etc they are called the APEX gang
    a thousand miles from me so not my problem.

20. Ken S LaTrans

38/58

Blog Posts:
    Way to "control them borders in paradise". So, I will ask again....even if it's not "your problem", shouldn't the people who are minding their own business, yet being targeted by the APEX gang, be allowed to legally own an effective means to defend themselves? Or is it your contention that they too, should be allowed to rob and pillage, with no fear from their victims?

Yeah...it's a paradise for the gangs. Not so much for the innocent.

21. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    gangs in the UK are confined to the big cities, the big cities are several hundreds of miles away from me, so I don't see this as a big threat to my way of life, even after SHTF this is predominately an URBAN problem, people who know nothing about nature and the countryside wont survive long in it, indeed most British city folk are AFRAID of the countryside.
    the British countryside is different to the American countryside, there are many twists and turns and forks in the road, people could go every which way and never get to some places, my area is peppered with narrow deep country lanes with high granite walls and deep ditches, go off the road and your vehicle isn't going anywhere without a tow truck.

22. Oldguy

Oldguy Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Ken
    Not worth any further discussion by me.

23. Ken S LaTrans

38/58

Blog Posts:
    So you still won't answer the question? You can make your claims of paradise, and drop your personal insults, and wax on about how highly trained and blah blah blah you are...but when confronted by an uncomfortable question that contradicts your statements you check out and sulk?

Typical.

By the way...that's emotional and intellectual cowardice.

24. Old Geezer

300/345

Blog Posts:
    I live within 150 miles of two cities known for their inner city violence -- gangs galore. To me, these gangs might as well live next door. There are rural gangs, biker gangs, and gangs that predate into the countryside. I grew up with a guy who inherited leadership of a biker gang. Nowadays, rural areas are awash in all manner of drug activity. I had close kin who engaged in felonious activities who, nevertheless, would ride with the deputies at night to "take care of business" with the local lowlifes. Strange bedfellows, but so it goes.

Well, it seems that this gang crap has gotten all out of hand. Hopefully, post SHTF, the cops will be occupied elsewhere or will be taking care of their own families. Maybe they'll be more easily paid off. Many times, my dad didn't have to pay them a dime (not true of the state congressmen); friends of my dad did kinda-sorta make life better for them -- all men have families.

With the poeleece occupied elsewhere, I see a whole lot of trash getting burned. I witnessed this as a kid. I figure I'll be seeing it again. Why, who knows, I might even give others a hand in their endeavors. God knows I knew the best; I was raised by them.

People, I pray God that there will come a time when society recuperates. There's bound to come a day when there will exist some semblance of peace. (I'll be dead, doesn't matter.) Days of peace will NOT come about with evil people having free rein. They are going to have to go bye-byes. When a cancer pops-up, a doctor cuts it out. Know that there exist spiritual cancers. They too gotta be cut out.

Ken S LaTrans likes this.
  25. Ken S LaTrans

38/58

Blog Posts:
    chuds.png I dedicated my career...3/5 of my life to law, order, service, and protecting the innocent. Post-SHTF, knowing what they are and how they operate...if I see any of these or those like them, I will not show mercy. I will not show restraint. I will not give the benefit of the doubt or wait to see what they want. I will act with deliberate executive action...right now.

26. Oldguy

Oldguy Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Ken
    Your requests are just that requests and I am under no obligation to answer and your aggressive combative attitude inclines me to ignore them. thanks but no thanks.

27. Ken S LaTrans

38/58

Blog Posts:
    Aggressive? Hardly.

I asked a question after your insults and polemics, contradictory statements, and fallacious claims. You repeatedly dropped nasty little quips while refusing to answer the single, direct question.

While I agree that you are under no obligation to answer them, what I do find objectionable is your intellectual and emotional cowardice. You're like the little bully who talks tough but when someone stands up and takes them to account, you run to the predictable insults then deflection.

But, in the end, that was all the answer I needed You self-identified.

28. Oldguy

Oldguy Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Thank you:D