Gangs.

Discussion in 'The Apocalypse' started by lonewolf, Jun 25, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    today, according to the UK Governments Childrens Commissioner there are 73,000 under 25 year olds and 32,500 under 15s-some as young as 10- who define themselves as members of a gang, these criminal networks are becoming alternative families and taking the place of "Society".
    last time I checked-some time ago- there were 250 street gangs in London alone.
    I think if you live in a city forget all about the sheeple these are the ones you need to take precautions against post SHTF. they have no morals and no rules-except their own- and will do anything to get what they want, there have been over 70 killings in London this year alone and the S hasn't even hit the fan yet!

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I was reading some associated news recently about this, it is said that crime has risen steadily since the new gun control measures were put in place. Much the same story here, & now we have the migrant gangs to contend with!!! Not that I have anything against helping refugees, but I do think that when refugees break the law in regards to violence & gang associated crime, that they should be deported back to where they came from.
    Keith.
    a609b493655352b9af0429180ae3cb38.jpeg

3. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Defenceless is a state of mind!
    My six foot hardwood broom handle keeps falling off exposing a tapered end;)
    nasty!

4. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It is the same here in the US. In places where the gun control rules have made it so only criminals have the "right" to be armed the violent crime rate soars. The ONLY people that benefit from gun control are the criminals and the Government that has criminal intent down the line.

Gangs are basically just government supported killers that they more or less endorse because they help politicians take away the rights of the good people... all in the name of "protecting" them from the evil guns that are MAKING the gang people do bad things. Let's be real. Everybody KNOWS who the gang members are. Everybody KNOWS what they are doing yet an honest person is more likely to have a problem with a cop than a gang banger.

5. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think I'll stick with my Mossberg Defender pump shotgun. I get your point though. You use what you have. I would put a knife on the end of that broom handle if I was you though. Better a spear than a pointy stick. Of course where I live it is perfectly acceptable to defend your home, familly and possessions from people with criminal intentions. If I took of a thief's head with a machete or blew a hole in him that you could throw a softball through all it would get me from the cops is a high 5.

6. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Your profile reads that you are age 40. At 40, I still imagined that I could walk through concrete walls.

The decades since have seen concrete walls gang up on me. I think maybe I'm old now.

7. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    This U.S. marshal said one time, "I blew a hole through him you could toss a cat through." I don't know why, but that just caught me as downright funny and I liked t'not stopped laughing. He sed, "Then that sum'uh'bitch just walked away." Humans are supernatural.

Bob run he car off they road & tears out him a split rail fence row. One rail invites itself through the windshield and shish kabobs Bob. EMS whip out Mr. Chainsaw. Transport. Nobody loses consciousness ... 'til surgery. Bob lives! Bob be supernatural!

8. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Gubments am gangs.

9. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good folk gonna hafta form gangs. Call'em families. Whatever. When times they git bad, they gonna git oh-my-god-bad, serious-bad. Sideways az a sidewinder. Sick things gonna happen.

Good people gonna hafta do bad things. Whatashame.

I can hear the fan on my computer even with the ringing in my ears. Things are quiet right now. I can hear me breathing. I guess I'm still alive.

10. Oldguy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    I think I'll stick with my Mossberg Defender pump shotgun.

Arh yes but the broom is right there and then and my shotty is locked up!

A steel point is just not needed, a pointy bit of hardwood is all that's needed
    no need to look like you expected anything and were prepared (intent)

Ystranc likes this.
  11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My Mossberg is beside my bed. Actually there is a gun beside my chair and in the kitchen and in the gun case in the den and in the gun safe in the bedroom. I even have guns in my shops.

The reason for the knife is that it offers the opportunity to slash as well as poke. It also makes grabbing the end of your spear a not so good idea. In the not pointy or sharp sort of weapon I especially like aluminum baseball bats and heavy canes that are made for self defense or stock handling.

I am very thankful every day that I don't have to live with the restrictions so many of you have. It also reinforces to me that I will die free and that they really will get my guns when they pry it from my cold dead hands. It is this attitude that has kept Texas free of the crap that is slowly infesting other places. We were a free and independent nation that joined the US by choice. We will return to that if they violate the contract that is the constitution and bill of rights. There are already things in motion to create a gold based Texas currency.

12. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I worked with kids from gangs for 13 years they don't think about the out come they just do and then if caught the deal with what ever is thrown there way

13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, that is when they come see us here. Prison isn't as bad as they show on the movies but it still totally SUCKS and you are allowed no dignity, privacy or much in the way of decisions. How bad it is going to be is totally up to you.

The sad thing is that for a lot of these people that come to us young is that for many of them it is the most stable and comfortable place that they have ever been. When your Father is not in the picture and your Mother is a junkie your life has very few ups and a lot of downs. Many of them look at paroling out as VACATION and they have no illusions about going straight. Recidivism runs in the 80% to 85% range.

In Texas you get a job and go to work every day. Doing this will over time lead to you moving into less restrictive parts of the prison and eventually into the Trustee camps that are basically a cross between a dorm, an apartment and summer camp. They are not even behind wall in these camps. Usually there is a three or 4 strand barbed wire fence that only goes between the camp and the highway. You can just walk around the end.

These guys are very fond of their privileges and to say they are low risk for escape is a massive understatement. The opposite end of this is getting put in Administrative segregation. Ad-Seg. Imaging living in a small bathroom with a mattress over the tub. You are there 23 hours a day if you are good. If you act up you are in there 24 hours a day and don't get to go stand in a cage alone where you can see the sun for an hour.

At some point we need to come to terms with the fact that some people need to be locked up FOREVER!! What kind of person do you think you will have when someone that has spent years in Ad-Seg and they serve out! These are people that couldn't even function in the narrow restrictive environment of a prison. They are not going to be nice people EVER. Young people that are given life are there because they have done something heinous. Unfortunately the supreme court says that you have to let them out after a certain period of time. SO, they get to kill someone else before they can be locked up for life without parole.

14. Ken S LaTrans

Ken S LaTrans Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    In a P-SHTF world WORL...then any gang members I see will be immediate targets for elimination. Period.

I spent the majority of my LE career working Gangs-Narcotics. I dealt with everyone from neighborhood gangs to Crips, Bloods, Malvos, and MS13. I know these scumbags inside and out and I know firsthand their propensity for violence. They are not to be trusted and far too dangerous to be allowed to live whenever they can be eliminated...and they MUST be eliminated once the rule of law and capacity for detention is gone.

If they are out in my area especially, it means that the cities are done for and picked clean. The upside is that they will be totally out of their element in the desert. They will default to their "urban tactics" of "showing out" moving in the center of streets or roads demonstrating or "represen-in" their colors thinking that it will intimidate people. This is how they think, this is how they act, and this is what they will do...they will default to what they know. What they won't be counting on is the country folk who have been raised in the desert on horseback, with rifles in their hands...hunting and surviving...who will have the sand to do what needs to be done and who can do it from a long way off, well outside the range of "spray and pray" ghetto-tactical shooting paradigm.

What is a mob in the middle of the street? They are a nice, soft, target for one or two fellers who know what they're doing. A gaggle of these turds ANYWHERE you can see them is a clear and present danger and must be dealt with.

This is a reality anyone who may come into contact with so-called "youth gangs" must accept and decide to deal with right now.

15. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Go to the the range with some big ol' long stick magazines full of ammo ... then take your time to acquire your target before firing.

One must NEVER spray and pray.

(OK, so maybe you need to lay down fire to enable your mates to flank the enemy. That's another story...)

But boyz & gerwls, y'gotta be able to toss some lead if you have multiple assailants coming for your bacon!

If you don't hit one of them solid, you gotta at least tear some meat off his body and make him bleed royally.

16. Ken S LaTrans

48/58

Blog Posts:
    I don't spray or pray...this rifle, though is IS select fire...is my go-to general purpose rifle as it was my last Patrol Rifle. It will keep all the rounds IN THE HEAD at 300 meters with the can attached. Any turds will be dealt with before they hear the rounds that took them out. I have dozens of others in the safes and around the house...but this one will be the one that is and will be with me at all times.

Let the gang bangers spray...and pray that I am not the one they run into.

POF Can Truck.jpg POF Can 2.png Head Shot Target 300m ULC POF Can.jpg

Dunmaghlas likes this.
  17. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Say Ken S LaTrans,

The photo of the select fire rifle with the can on the end....

Looking at the pistol grip....

Is there a storage space in there with some kind of click attaching cover to hold in the contents??

I am not familiar with that particular grip..and don't remember any such from the standard issue M 16s from my days in the Air Force...and National Guard.

OIde Guy,

I like a Mossberg pump shotgun. Have one here in the corner of the Radio Room/Shack with a bandolier of ammunition. Another downstairs. Simple and very effective.

Have pointy things here too..

I like the oriental Parang blade as a working machete....tool.

I like the Assegai short shaft spear as well as simple working tool.

I also like the English Broadsword. or the Hand and a half sword..verses the oriental samurai swords so popular in movies and television.

Don't feel properly dressed unless I have on me some kind of folder...though I also have fixed blades.

For the monies I like the Mora Knife series. Simple ...rugged, inexpensive and something I can afford to lose without being out lots of monies.

I don't take my good knives to work. To many people there with no appreciation or respect for good steel....and good steel costs good monies.

I figure a knife is abused as much and as greatly as the common screwdriver...by people who have no respect for a tool.

Thanks,
    Watcherchris

Not an Ishmaelite

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  18. Ken S LaTrans

48/58

Blog Posts:
    Yes, it's a MagPul MIAD grip. I store two extra batteries for my light and for my AimPoint dot.

The rifle is a POF Patrol.

19. Oldguy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Here in Aus again we are lucky, our cities are so spread out that gangs are quite limited.
    Except for Melbourne gangs are very limited and are not a real problem.
    Melbourne on the other hand has a huge problem with a large and daring Black African youth gang,
    it is well organised and they target jewellers etc they are called the APEX gang
    a thousand miles from me so not my problem.

20. Ken S LaTrans

48/58

Blog Posts:
    Way to "control them borders in paradise". So, I will ask again....even if it's not "your problem", shouldn't the people who are minding their own business, yet being targeted by the APEX gang, be allowed to legally own an effective means to defend themselves? Or is it your contention that they too, should be allowed to rob and pillage, with no fear from their victims?

Yeah...it's a paradise for the gangs. Not so much for the innocent.

21. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    gangs in the UK are confined to the big cities, the big cities are several hundreds of miles away from me, so I don't see this as a big threat to my way of life, even after SHTF this is predominately an URBAN problem, people who know nothing about nature and the countryside wont survive long in it, indeed most British city folk are AFRAID of the countryside.
    the British countryside is different to the American countryside, there are many twists and turns and forks in the road, people could go every which way and never get to some places, my area is peppered with narrow deep country lanes with high granite walls and deep ditches, go off the road and your vehicle isn't going anywhere without a tow truck.

22. Oldguy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Ken
    Not worth any further discussion by me.

23. Ken S LaTrans

48/58

Blog Posts:
    So you still won't answer the question? You can make your claims of paradise, and drop your personal insults, and wax on about how highly trained and blah blah blah you are...but when confronted by an uncomfortable question that contradicts your statements you check out and sulk?

Typical.

By the way...that's emotional and intellectual cowardice.

24. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I live within 150 miles of two cities known for their inner city violence -- gangs galore. To me, these gangs might as well live next door. There are rural gangs, biker gangs, and gangs that predate into the countryside. I grew up with a guy who inherited leadership of a biker gang. Nowadays, rural areas are awash in all manner of drug activity. I had close kin who engaged in felonious activities who, nevertheless, would ride with the deputies at night to "take care of business" with the local lowlifes. Strange bedfellows, but so it goes.

Well, it seems that this gang crap has gotten all out of hand. Hopefully, post SHTF, the cops will be occupied elsewhere or will be taking care of their own families. Maybe they'll be more easily paid off. Many times, my dad didn't have to pay them a dime (not true of the state congressmen); friends of my dad did kinda-sorta make life better for them -- all men have families.

With the poeleece occupied elsewhere, I see a whole lot of trash getting burned. I witnessed this as a kid. I figure I'll be seeing it again. Why, who knows, I might even give others a hand in their endeavors. God knows I knew the best; I was raised by them.

People, I pray God that there will come a time when society recuperates. There's bound to come a day when there will exist some semblance of peace. (I'll be dead, doesn't matter.) Days of peace will NOT come about with evil people having free rein. They are going to have to go bye-byes. When a cancer pops-up, a doctor cuts it out. Know that there exist spiritual cancers. They too gotta be cut out.

Ken S LaTrans likes this.
  25. Ken S LaTrans

48/58

Blog Posts:
    chuds.png I dedicated my career...3/5 of my life to law, order, service, and protecting the innocent. Post-SHTF, knowing what they are and how they operate...if I see any of these or those like them, I will not show mercy. I will not show restraint. I will not give the benefit of the doubt or wait to see what they want. I will act with deliberate executive action...right now.

26. Oldguy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Ken
    Your requests are just that requests and I am under no obligation to answer and your aggressive combative attitude inclines me to ignore them. thanks but no thanks.

27. Ken S LaTrans

48/58

Blog Posts:
    Aggressive? Hardly.

I asked a question after your insults and polemics, contradictory statements, and fallacious claims. You repeatedly dropped nasty little quips while refusing to answer the single, direct question.

While I agree that you are under no obligation to answer them, what I do find objectionable is your intellectual and emotional cowardice. You're like the little bully who talks tough but when someone stands up and takes them to account, you run to the predictable insults then deflection.

But, in the end, that was all the answer I needed You self-identified.

28. Oldguy

280/345

Blog Posts:
    Thank you:D

29. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    "Aftermath of a Chimpanzee Murder Caught in Rare Video | National Geographic"

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    is this relevant to something? or is it just nature at work?
    this is nothing new and is well known to those of us who watch nature documentaries.
    David Attenborough was presenting stuff like this 50 years ago.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    It is gang activity.

Speaking of which ...

"Flash mob targets Sherman Oaks Macy's in smash-and-grab robbery caught on video"

https://abc7.com/flash-mob-robbery-macys-sherman-oaks-smash-and-grab/13699122/

"SHERMAN OAKS, Calif. (KABC) -- A flash mob struck a Macy's department store in Sherman Oaks on Thursday afternoon in a dramatic robbery that was captured on video.

"The incident at Westfield Fashion Square was only the latest in a series of organized robberies, many of them recorded by bystanders, that have plagued Southern California retailers.

"Thursday's theft occurred just after 12:30 p.m. and involved nine masked males who filled bags with stolen merchandise before running out of the store at 14000 Riverside Drive. All of the suspects, described as being in their early 20s, wore hooded sweatshirts and dark-colored clothing.

"The robbery comes a week after a task force was formed to address retail crime in the region."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    these looting flashmobs happen in the UK too, seems to be a new craze amongst the young.

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  33. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Liberals hate truth. One truth they particularly hate is that two-parent homes are the most likely environment for turning-out mentally healthy kids.

"The Terrible Harms of Fatherlessness"

https://blog.canberradeclaration.org.au/2023/07/25/fatherlessness-harms/

"One expert from Harvard medical school who has studied over 40 years of research on the question of parental absence and children’s well-being said this:

“ 'What has been shown over and over again to contribute most to the emotional development of the child is a close, warm, sustained and continuous relationship with both parents. Yet this vast body of research is almost totally ignored by our society. Why have even the professionals tended to ignore this research? Perhaps the answer is, to put it most simply, because the findings are unacceptable.'

"Psychological/emotional well-being – mental and physical health

"Studies show that the absence of a parent contributes to many forms of emotional disorder among children, especially anger, rebelliousness, low self-esteem, depression, and antisocial behaviour.

"Children of divorce make up an estimated 60 per cent of child patients in clinical treatment and 80 to 100 per cent of adolescents in in-patient mental hospital settings. From nations as diverse as Finland and South Africa, a number of studies have reported that anywhere from 50 to 80 per cent of psychiatric patients come from broken homes.

"Criminal involvement

"Studies show a connection between delinquent and/or criminal behaviour, and broken families. One study found that girls in divorced families committed more delinquent acts (e.g., drug use, larceny, skipping school) than their counterparts in intact families.

"A British study found a direct statistical link between single parenthood and virtually every major type of crime, including mugging, violence against strangers, car theft and burglary.

"A 1987 study of adolescent murderers discovered that 75 per cent of them had divorced or never-married parents. Another study of violent rapists, all repeat offenders, found that 60 per cent came from single-parent homes.

"Or consider a study that tracked every child born on the Hawaiian island of Kauai in 1955 for 30 years. It found that five out of six delinquents with an adult criminal record came from families where a parent – almost always the father – was absent.

"One study even arrived at this startling conclusion: the proportion of single-parent households in a community predicts its rates of violent crime and burglary, but the community’s poverty level does not. Neither poverty nor race seem to account very much for the crime rate, compared to the proportion of single-parent families.

"Children having children

"Children from mother-only families are more likely to marry early and have children early, both in and out of wedlock, and are more likely to divorce. Also, age at the first marriage will be lower for the children of divorced parents who marry, when sex, age, and maternal education are controlled.

"For example, a recent British study found that girls brought up by lone parents were twice as likely to leave home by the age of 18 as the daughters of intact homes; were three times as likely to be cohabitating by the age of 20; and almost three times as likely to have a birth out of wedlock.

"Conclusion

"Broadly speaking, several trends can be observed from the evidence: 1) a child’s development, by every indicator, is best served in the context of a natural, two-parent home; 2) the absence of a parent seems more devastating for a child than poverty or bad neighbourhoods; and 3) single-parent families are more likely to produce a new generation which has the same or even worse problems than the last."
    =========================================

upload_2023-8-30_16-1-3.png

https://www.statista.com/statistics...families-with-a-female-householder-in-the-us/

upload_2023-8-30_16-2-12.png

The next two charts when their numbers are compared, single parent homes vs. prison populations, say it all. Broken homes = more crime.

There being no father at home results in societal breakdown.

upload_2023-8-30_16-13-25.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. Brownbear

Brownbear Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I have noticed that recently. I read about the incident on Oxford Street and went to show someone on YouTube as I thought the footage would be on there. I entered "looting in London" and got footage of dozens of different incidents. So certainly not isolated incidents.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    At least at the moment it seems to be a purely city event, there are no gangs where I live and crime is low key to non existent ( in June there were no reported crimes in my area and thats official Police data).

Brownbear and TMT Tactical like this.
  36. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    About 15 years ago at a medical school in Tennessee, some thief got into one of the ground floor labs and ran off with at laptop computer. One of the male technicians ran after the thief, caught him, and beat him. The laptop was thus returned. The police arrested the thief. Cops in Tenn. don't care if outlaws get beaten up. They'll investigate a shooting to see if it was justified or manslaughter. Two teenagers, same community, stole two TV sets from a repair shop. The owner heard them, came out, and shot them with bird-shot as they ran away. No charges were brought against the owner.

In the American South's small town and rural areas, no jury can be formed that will convict a citizen or business owner who defends their lives or property. There exists a hatred, a disgust, for thieves and aggressors. It's not just a legal thing, it cuts straight to morality. Dishonorable people stand to get hurt. After which, nobody cares how bad they got hurt, nor who did the hurting. "They got what they deserved." I've heard that phrase ten thousand times.

The reason thieves run rampant in urban areas has two core reasons. 1) The type of people who engage in out-of-control behaviors mostly live in cities. 2) There is little threat from the law or from the people in Leftist-run cities.

The inner city thieves will beat you up, maybe even shoot or stab you with one of their stolen guns or knives, should you try to stop them. Every year, guards & employees get killed by shoplifters.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-07-16/la-me-rite-aid-employee-killed

https://people.com/crime/amazing-loving-husband-security-guard-killed-by-shoplifter/

https://www.wsmv.com/2022/06/03/frugal-macdoogal-employees-remember-security-guard-shot-killed/

https://www.fox4news.com/news/security-guard-killed-preston-center-adalberto-santiago

=====================================

Post-SHTF, the behavior of people will change in unimaginable ways. Some will turn into heroes, some will panic, some will freeze with fear, some will turn into unrecognizable monsters. This will happen in cities, suburbs, and rural areas. When people get pushed beyond their ability to cope, they get strange.

In my neck of the woods, farmers and other land-holders will go turbo-protective. They WILL use firearms to drive away anyone attempting to trespass. When I was a kid I feared this when my friends and I were on other people's farmlands and woods. Kids did occasionally get shot. One farmer who should of gone to prison but didn't went after teenagers partying in his barn. He opened-up with buckshot -- not birdshot -- one 00 pellet caught a girl in the face and took-out some of her back teeth. These kids went to my high school a couple of years before I went there. I don't know the full outcome, but I do know that he didn't do any jail time. I'm surprised her father didn't "take care of the situation". I would have. My father would have beaten him to death with his trusty blackjack (that thing's leather wrap is very well worn).

Post SHTF, these matters will be taken care of immediately. Somebody starts to hurt my family and they are dead. Me, I have zero qualms about this. There being no cops around ... . Humans are huge targets. For fun, I shoot at bottle-top caps and frozen 16 oz. drink bottles.
    ---

TMT Tactical likes this.