Getting Groceries In Wuhan, China

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 1, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.hongkongfp.com/2020/03/...sidents-adapt-find-food-coronavirus-lockdown/

Good afternoon all,

Per ...

Some of the older Forum Members have heard the WWII method of getting food. For those who had relatives in the CBI - China-Burma-India theater of operations (Think of Field Marshal William Slim and General Stilwell), it wasn't about every 3 days for a neighborhood purchase and delivery. I heard the stories about dieting.

Not as severe - although others will disagree - the US oil embargo experience got some to thinking about magnified SHTF situations.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    AND what happen to our urban dwellers if there was a need to lock down cities? Annie, get your gun, cause it will be a nightmare. Americans are not raised to be sub-subservient to government.

Radar and poltiregist like this.
  3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In the end the true killer here may be starvation and lives lost in the riots that are eventually going to happen as people reach the point where their need for food overcomes any fear of sickness or government restrictions. This has happened in the past in China when there were famines and food shortages. Their government has very little care for the individual. Life is dirt cheap in China. The only good thing about this is a massive reduction in air pollution. I saw pictures from satellites showing the clearing over the cities.

4. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon TexDanm,

So true.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    In the concrete and asphalt city growing food is not much of an answer and even if they could their neighbor would steal it . Quite frankly though for most of these cities , looking at the kind of delusional politicians they keep putting into position to lord over them I wouldn't feel pity for them only concern that it might spread to the people holding the fiber of the country together . Look at the derogatory comment Mikel Bloomberg recently made about those dirt farmers , talking about them like they were just a bunch of ignorant low IQ peasants that city folks should look down upon .

Radar, Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Poltiregist,

I read the Bloomberg farming statement.

There are reasons Bloomberg is not liked by several blocs of politicos. His statement was pure pandering to the Rockefeller Center crowd. His statement also offended backyard gardeners.

Radar, poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  7. Richard Earley

Richard Earley Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    Another "canidate" for the white house dropped out...The nonhetrosexual one..I wonder if his donors will get there money back..

Radar, poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Then this will happen

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Varuna, good video, I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Radar and varuna like this.
  10. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    I agree, but would also add the fact that the water systems would shut down pretty quickly and so dehydration will be an issue.... as well as sickness from consuming dirty water....

TMT Tactical likes this.