getting into the rythm of life post SHTF.

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by lonewolf, Aug 25, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    have you ever noticed how long it takes the average commuter to get out of their "pit" in the morning? most get up so late they don't have time for breakfast and many people I've seen are drinking their plastic cup of coffee on the move( some driving-which is illegal here). and then they drive like idiots cos their running late.
    the weekends are even worse they don't get out of bed until lunchtime sometimes even later-sundays are the worst.
    post SHTF will they change? habits are hard to break-especially ones they've been doing every day for years.
    personally i'm up at 6am most days, some days even earlier, (and go to bed by 9PM.)
    I find this is the best part of the day.
    might be something to keep in mind if you are foraging or scavenging in the new reality.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Lee CT NE, Prairie Dog and Keith H. like this.
  2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I have not worked at a proper job for 18 months but after a lifetime of getting up at 5am I am awake at 5am daily!
    I see no reason to seek a change.
    My clock seems set in concrete.

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Same here, up by 6am or sometimes earlier. You know the old saying, "early to bed early to rise etc etc". If they are not up by 6 am, they are done for. They attack at dawn!!!
    Keith.

Lee CT NE and lonewolf like this.
  4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    my day hasnt changed much in many years chores work fix maintain chores. handle whatever comes up thats life hopefully after shtf it can stay pretty much the same we hopefully have ourselfs set up well enough to do this

Lee CT NE likes this.
  5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends who "they" are, most of the population of this country have never seen a dawn.(sunset-yes, dawn-no)
    I've been up before dawn many times and on the road for the best part of an hour before dawn came up.
    I heard some young girl on the tv say: " there is nothing you have to do early in the day that cant be done later"!! sums up the attitude of many I think.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Lee CT NE likes this.