Getting Mre's / Imp's

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Travis.s, Aug 8, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Travis.s

Travis.s Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    Anyone have a place they would recommend for buying MRE's or IMP's?

2. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    I like Amazon for a lot of things like this. They buy in quantity and you know that you will be getting current issue stuff. I got a great deal on MREs years ago. I also got a case of food poisoning from one of them. TALK about turning a solo camping trip into a misery!!! For two days I was down and sick as a dog. Since nobody was expecting me back any time soon I was on my own. I was about 10 miles in and walking was the only way out. I was fortunate in that I had plenty of water and didn't get dehydrated.

3. Travis.s

Travis.s Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    So you got food poisoning from Amazon MRE's? Dosen't sound like a good place to shop for then.

4. survivalgames121

survivalgames121 Well-Known Member
      68/115

Blog Posts:
    You can get more's from military depos. There's one down the street from my house that me and my sister Used to visit all the time. We wanted to try a mre just cause of curiosity (before my prepping) I like the taste better than my own cooking. She liked it. Sounds like me and her know where she stuff food is when there is a personal need for it. I got a stock of mre's so does she.

5. blade_foxhollow

blade_foxhollow Well-Known Member
      85/115

Blog Posts:
    First off having been forced to consume them, i absolutely despise MREs but in a pinch they do what is needed. I know a few guys that are willing to sell me MREs at a discount if I trade them some work or something. Otherwise it is about 8 a pack from each of them. Which is bit much for my blood.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    having had some MRE's I don't have a very high opinion of them, I prefer the dehydrated food packs you can get in good camping shops, I have a weeks supply in my stockpile.

7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    I make MREs of sorts with just add water mean mixes, extra spices and a seal a meal vacuum sealer. I have several kinds of dehydrated soup that I have added ramen noodles to, red beans and rice dry mix, gumbo mix that I add canned meat to. I also have packaged slices of spam and canned hams, packaged bacon along with rice, beans and lard. My home made mixes are great and VERY cheap so I don't save them for long before using them and making more. Since I am staying in place I really don't have to stay all that light but I like to have some trail foods for camping and just in case.