Gingko Leaves

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by poltiregist, Jul 15, 2022.

0/5, 0 votes

1. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    We likely have several diabetic 2 members so I will post this as it may make a big change for them . I am a diabetic that was taking 1000 mg of metformin plus shot injections in a battle to keep my blood sugar level under that 170 goal . Then a few months ago I started taking about a 2/3 teaspoon of gingko leaf powder daily to see if it did as promoted improve memory " it did " . In the mean time I found those shots were making me feel so bad that I took it upon my own to stop taking them . Strange I thought how my blood sugar plummeted to near normal levels even without the shots , running between 100 and 150 usually . --- Pondering over this realized the sugar droppage correlated with my taking ground gingko leaf powder . So this morning investigated my hunch and sure enough on- going research is being done studying gingko leaf powder and its ability to reduce blood sugar levels . What I brought up on " ask jeeves " it is still only being studied on rats and has not reached a human study group as of this time . --- I might could even stop taking the pills .--- I tried starting my own gingko tree from seed this spring but that endeavor failed . My research shows a gingko tree likes lots of sun and moisture .

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I choose the pure ground leaves over capsules as realistically there wouldn't be much gingko leaf powder in a capsule . Ideally however for a prepper is to have his or her own gingko tree . --- Other touted effects such as anti-aging and better blood circulation plus other benefits that I will let our members dig out with their own research .

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I had a significant dream a few years back and I saw masses of ginkgo leaves fluttering down to me. Meaning? Afterwards, where I moved has far more ginkgo trees than where I was living at the time. Moreover, there's a ginkgo tree beside my driveway and ginkgo trees line the sidewalk leading to the building in which I most often work. My dreams have a tendency to come true -- the vivid ones anyway. I know nothing about the spiritual world. If I get a heads-up, then I humbly take it as a message. All I can do. Strange stuff to me, but then this world can be strange also. Go figure.

Ginkgo has lots of health benefits. The Chinese people have used them in herbal medicines for millennia.

List of benefits:
    https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-333/ginkgo

From Wiki:
    "Hiroshima

"Further information: Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
    Extreme examples of the ginkgo's tenacity may be seen in Hiroshima, Japan, where six trees growing between 1–2 kilometres (1⁄2–1+1⁄4 miles) from the 1945 atom bomb explosion were among the few living organisms in the area to survive the blast. Although almost all other plants (and animals) in the area were killed, the ginkgos, though charred, survived and were soon healthy again, among other hibakujumoku (trees that survived the blast).

"The six trees are still alive: They are marked with signs at Housenbou (報専坊) temple (planted in 1850), Shukkei-en (planted about 1740), Jōsei-ji (planted 1900), at the former site of Senda Elementary School near Miyukibashi, at the Myōjōin temple, and an Edo period-cutting at Anraku-ji temple.[56]"

poltiregist and TMT Tactical like this.