Going To Give The 9mm Parabellum Another Go.

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Sourdough, Jun 27, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Decided to have another go at the 9mm LUGER, for a cheap way to ring the new Gongs. Found a fair deal on the G-19X. So ring that bell. I have a friend who claims the new wonder super powers formulated for the 9mm PARABELLUM have turned the cartridge into the equal of the..470 Nitro Express.

2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Don't know much about ballistics but I am going to assume you are kidding about the 470 Nitro Express.

Caribou and Sourdough like this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You or your friend's family need to come up with a way to get your friend to go back on his medication.

og

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  5. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    7b2d7525f0d2b7a60ec37c0ae0515684.gif

Attached Files:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Yes...........The .458 Winchester Magnum was created to be ballistic equal to the .470 Nitro Express, but for bolt action rifles.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I'm not going after brown bear on Kodiak with a 9MM but a good expanding bullet it is a competent self defence round. A good penetrating round will go deep and cause significant damage on larger animals or through one attacker and into another if that is what you need. A cheap round nose will let you practice without breaking the bank.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    One of the plusses for a 9mm is that in the time that you can shoot a 44mag and then get back on a target you can shoot the target three times with the 9mm. To me, it isn't much more, recoil wise, than a 22 lr from a Ruger auto pistol. I feel a gentle, more or less straight back gentle recoil and don't suffer a big loss of my target picture. With a 357 mag, I always made sure that every shot was in the kill zone and had confidence that if I did my part that the bullet would do its part. With a 9mm I always at least double tap but, those two shots are right together both in time and placement.

TMT Tactical and Caribou like this.
  9. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I wouldn't go that far, but the 9mm has improved dramatically. Certainly, a very capable self-defense round against any two legged predator. I don't think I would trust it against any of the big four legged stuff you might run into.

TMT Tactical likes this.