Good - An Example

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Aug 5, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:

Good morning all,

Above about a hovercraft flight across English Channel.

Good - Get Out Of Dodge ... includes the Third French Republic... the place is definitely not the Fifth French Republic.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well I am glad it worked. I would hate to see him pull an Amelia Earhart in the middle of the English Chanel. I wonder how many times he dumped the thing in the lake before he got proficient enough to fly it. It does raise some questions.

What is the range? How far can you go? Is there a fuel source or is it a battery? What is the capacity? How much can it lift or carry? Those of us who throw a little more shade than others would be interested. And the big one; how much does it cost? I have a feeling I will have to ransom my first born male child to get one of these. Training? Something tells me this isn't like getting in a car and driving off.

Radar, Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    he only made it because he had a ship half way for refuel on. the previous time he ended up in the water. no ship= no refuelling= drowning.

Keith H., TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  4. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well then that would answer one of the questions. Isn't the English Chanel about 19 miles across? You can't go very far.

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    depends which bit you cross, its about 21miles at its shortest point. but there are wider points.

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  6. duke in wales

duke in wales Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Range would be around 12 miles, its powered by paraffin/kerosene.

Keith H., TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  7. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Well that would probably get you out of harms way if it came down to it. Do you have to be a drug lord to afford one?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    The French military have given the chap about €1.5m to help develop it.

Morgan101, Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  9. Morgan101

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Duke: I don't dispute that what you are saying is 100% correct. I am just scratching my head. 1.5 million euros to make yourself a big, slow, low flying, target, that could be shot down with a rifle, probably even a pistol. Am I missing the value here? Isn't that why we developed drones?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    €1.5m is nothing these days, buy you half a helecopter at best. I don't think much of it as an assault platform, one shotgun and they'd be dropping like ducks

Morgan101 likes this.
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    its a gadget at best and not a good one.

TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  12. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
    I'd not say its a bad gadget but would guess it will be for recreational use. That said, would you need a license to 'fly' it I wonder.

13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You need to look at it differently. What you are doing is sort of like looking at the flight that Wright Brothers made at Kitty Hawk with their first airplane and saying all the same things. No, that little wireframe, wood, and cloth aircraft would have been useless as far as a military threat BUT look at what it developed INTO.

Imaging for a bit an infantry that could move across any sort of terrain at speeds faster than the fastest man can run. They can carry all their gear and do it all so fast that an enemy will be flanked and unable to keep up with their rapid advances and position changes. It would rewrite infantry battlefield tactics. This is sort of what the Germans did at the start of WW2. They moved so fast that the French were passed and flanked before they could adjust. The German blitzkrieg rewrote how we fought wars. The days of trenches and men marching along in lines on foot were gone.

I look at this and can see a lot of potentials.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. duke in wales

170/173

Blog Posts:
  15. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Read the book "Starship Troopers" --- not the stupid movie. The troopers moved by miniature jet packs built into their body armor. Able to jump tall building in a single bound and did not need a cape or a big "S" on their chest.

Morgan101 likes this.
  16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I loved that book and still read it every couple of years. The movie was such a disappointment!!! Other than the names and just slightly general basic plot the movie had very little to do with the book.

TMT Tactical likes this.