New Member Good day from Australia.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Keith H., May 4, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    To date I have not posted here, I had assumed for some reason that this was an Australian site, that was what I was searching for. However, I will give it a go here anyway & see how we go.
    My name is Keith, & I live in a forest in New England NSW Australia. We lived an 18th century lifestyle for over 20 years. We are still off grid & all services, but now in a solar powered house. I am the primitive skills instructor for our 18th century living history group which I started over 30 years ago.
    I believe that the best chance of survival in a long term wilderness living situation lies in primitive skills & 18th century equipment. I do NOT shun modern firearms & I think a good modern medical kit is essential, but if I could only carry one firearm with me into the wilderness, it would be a flintlock.
    I think that those that rely only on modern gear will eventually be taken back into the stone age as things run out & malfunction. I believe that those that rely on pre-19th century equipment & skills will always retain that level of comfort & security.
    Regards, Keith.