Green Smoothies?

Discussion in 'Natural Medicine and Home Remedies' started by Okaviator, Jul 8, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Okaviator

Okaviator Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I've just recently learned about green smoothie fasting. What are some fruit and veggie combinations that you guys use?

2. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Green leaves are one of the very best sources of nutrients, especially minerals in the earth that we need, and it provides them in a natural form and not ones that have been formulated in a lab somewhere. The problem with this, is that we are not getting much of those nutrients unless we chew the greens into a pulp, because the cell wall of plants is extremely hard to break down.
    Plus, you would have to eat massive amounts of raw greens every meal in order to get enough vitamins and minerals from them, because of losing so much of the nutrition from the food not being chewed enough.
    This is why green smoothies are so important !
    With a green smoothie, which is generally greens of some kind blended in with fruit for more palatability, you get all of the nourishment from the greens, and you do not need to have as much of them. The blender breaks the cell walls down into digestible size bits, and you can just drink it and not have to sit and chew forever.
    When you cook greens, then you lose the important enzymes and most of the vitamins that are in raw foods, so even though you could have a lot more greens consumed by cooking them, this really doesn't solve the whole problem either.

Victoria Boutenko has published several books about the benefits of green smoothies, and I highly recommend her book, Green for Life, as a great introduction to adding green smoothies into your diet.
    She also has a youtube channel for the Boutenko family, and her son, Sergei Boutenko also has his own channel. He travels and gives lectures all over to help people learn about the nutrition in raw foods in general, and greens in particular.

As far as how to drink them, that is pretty much optional. many people have a green smoothie for breakfast, and then eat whatever else they want for the rest of the day.
    There is also a very popular "10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse" which has a book, and several Facebook groups to help you with this. Basically, this would be a de-tox diet, and you have mostly green smoothies for all of your meals, with a few allowable snacks in between.

3. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Two years ago, I've learned an important facts how our body absorb nutrients. It's true that we can't chew enough vegetables and fruits to break it down into cellular level to be absorb by our body, thus, we don't get enough nutrients from eating them. A recent technology was invented and it's breaking down fruits and vegetables into a cellular level that we don't have to juice a fruit or veggies that causes to throw away the important vitamins and minerals , but grind the whole fruit and vegetables so we could get enough nutrients from them. It's the invention of nutritional extractor machine and it is a great help for keeping our body healthy. The green smoothie that I've tried was cucumber and lime and it taste great.

4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Screw that! I used to fast before ulcers got the better of me. But at my age, I'll eat what I wish to eat -- bit late to reverse that which I've already visited upon myself.

5. Okaviator

Okaviator Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Wow, I'm actually quite impressed with how in depth you went on this topic. I've actually read Victoria's book "Green for Life" and I have to say that it's been a book that I would definitely recommend to others.

Tumbleweed likes this.
  6. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    I think that each person has the right to decide how they want to eat, and care for their body. To me, this is as important of a part of being prepared for emergencies as anything else is.
    No matter how prepared I am for a disaster, if it gives me a heart attack , I probably won't be able to use any of my survival skills or preparations.
    I am in my 70's, and 3 years ago, my heart was functioning at 23% EF, and I had to huff and puff just to walk from one room to another in the house.
    My doctor performed an ablation procedure that stopped the a-fib, but didn't do anything for the heart failure. I felt like I had been given a second chance, and started eliminating the inflammatory foods from my diet, and adding the ones that were anti-inflammatory.
    I was still to out of shape to do much exercise; but I started swimming and walking in the water, and then doing exercises in the pool.
    It has taken me a long time; but I am no longer in heart failure, my kidney failure is decreasing, and I can do a lot more than I have been able to do in many years.
    For me, it is worth drinking the green smoothies to help improve my health.

7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sometimes just restoring the "atrial kick" will do the trick. L.Ventricle can't pump blood if it isn't getting enough blood to pump, Plumbing 101.

Tumbleweed likes this.
  8. letstalkaboutgreentea

letstalkaboutgreentea New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Green Smoothies could be made using green tea. It tastes great and those who avoid consuming green tea due to its bitter taste, must try green tea smoothies. Green Tea smoothies could be made in various flavours and also helps in weight loss and detoxifies your body.
    Matcha Green Tea Smoothies contains a lot of catechins and antioxidants and is very beneficial for weight loss.
    Check out this article https://lets-talk-about-green-tea.blogspot.com/2019/09/4-best-green-tea-smoothies-for-weight.html for recipes of healthy and tasty green tea smoothies.

TMT Tactical likes this.