New Member Greetings from Southern California

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Tara, Jun 20, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Tara

Tara New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Hey,

My name is Tara and I live in Southern California. I have lived here for most of my life. The expensive of living here is getting out of control. I have taken an interest in the tiny house movement and living off the grid. I'm not sure if that can be accomplished in Southern California, but I am researching it. I hope to pick up some tips here in this forum.

2. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Welcome aboard, Tara. We're glad to have you on board. A long time ago, I lived north of you in Santa Barbara county. I've long since left though. Earthquake preps are a big deal in California, back then and still, so it helps to be prepared. Regarding moving off-grid, that is a great goal. Our family is working towards self-sufficiency too. So, you've come to the right place on the web.

Anywho, again, welcome. :)

3. OfTheEarth

OfTheEarth Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    Hello Tara, currently in beautiful San Diego for this "ridiculous" heat wave that's still cooler than the city I came from :D! Sunset was beautiful here, met an Irishman and a Scottish kid at the same time, they were both blown away that they met up here. Strange!

Enjoy the boards, you're gonna learn a looooooooooot if you even accidentally wander into a thread Keith has posted in.

4. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    I recently read about the tiny house movement and I love the concept. The houses were beautiful,and that was a plus! Do you enjoy your tiny house? My friend recently moved to California, and she seems to be loving it there. I am hoping I am able to visit in the near future.

5. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Hi Tara, so nice to meet you and have you on board!
    I was born in California :)
    I am sure living in a tiny house is really nice.