Grocery Clerks (& Stockers) Are Emergency Workers

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Mar 19, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    https://www.motherjones.com/coronav...assified-grocery-clerks-as-emergency-workers/

Per ...

Two states, Minn and Vermont, classified them as "essential tier 2 workers".

They definitely are.

Our nation is slowly - institutionally it is fast - modernizing. There are numerous workers inside the Pentagon who are NOT essential, although they are treated as such. There are hospital employees who "are NOT essential, although they are treated as such". Recall former First Lady Michelle Obama had a hospital community outreach job. Law enforcement agencies also employ numerous non-essential workers.

The grocery store, the gasoline station, in some areas: the Laundromat, in some areas: the bus, ... civilization is a complex - AND FRAGILE - organization.

I've love to glance at a chart with tier 1, tier 2 and onward labor categories of "essential workers".

Indirectly related to this article is a favorite bumper sticker of mine from an earlier national event:

"Let Them Freeze In The Dark."

TMT Tactical likes this.