Growing Food In Balcony Of Apartment

Discussion in 'Farming and Gardening' started by overcast, Jul 18, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I don't own a house as of yet. You can see that the apartment living takes a toll on us. I can't store much stuff in that case. As you can see that leaves me with very limited space. And for this reason I am trying to find out the means for container gardening. Also if possible I want to find out the amount of the spending I'd have to do for such type of the garden. Do you think there is lot that can be done with the container gardens? What would you plant if you were to be in my situation?

2. Travis.s

Travis.s Expert Member
      237/345

Blog Posts:
    First what kind of space do you have in terms of size?
    And as for plants the best ones for indoors I would say are potatoes, radishes, tomatoes, beans, bell peppers, carrots, spinach and kale.
    You can also consider growing tea leaves like house plants as well as aloe vera and other medicinal plants. Most only need 5 hours of sunlight a day there what I'm growing in my place anyway.

3. Kootenay prepper

Kootenay prepper Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    6114D455-9F35-4227-BE12-983FB917DAEE.png CDE57DA0-1618-40D3-929A-EF761644F475.png
    Here’s just a few ideas I found for small space gardening. Just search up space saving gardens or vertical gardening.

4. Oldguy

Oldguy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Well you wont sustain yourself calorie wise in that small space so concentrate on vitamins protiens and minerals and store bulk calories like rice.
    Rice with pigeon and parsley
    Fried mint cat on rice
    Chilli dog on rice
    etc
    You get the idea?

5. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts: