Growing Our Own Food

Discussion in 'Other Reference Material' started by ryanhamlet, Jun 5, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. ryanhamlet

ryanhamlet New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    The best resource I've ever seen for starting and maintaining a natural, productive garden is a documentary called "Back to Eden." It's about a man named Paul who has used a simple and cheap method to keep his gardens lush and full of healthy food, without the need for any chemicals or pesticides.

You can find the video, along with other resources, here

http://www.backtoedenfilm.com/

2. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    A garden need not be there just for food. My garden provides me mental peace. I designed it and I visit it several times in the day. I like that morning walk when I have the sun for company with birds with their gentle chirps. When there is a new flower that I have been waiting for days to see it bloom that happiness is immesurable.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    There is a guy here named Tony Meloto who also had that dream of producing their own food. He started by buying a big land in the province which he planted with fruit trees and later on converted a big part into a vegetable garden and animal areas. However, the development grew so much that it now has become a community and a business as well. They are selling their produce with quality as the come on. And although their products are more expensive, they are always bought by local tourists. For us, our small garden at home serves as our vegetable supply. We don't buy ginger, lemon, pandan, mint, pepper and some vegetables in season like tomatoes and squash. Although it is not sufficient, our harvest tastes better (maybe it's just psychological) than the vegetables in the market.