Gumboots

Discussion in 'Survival Gear' started by remnant, Jul 15, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    As far as survival in the wild or on and off the beaten path are concerned, I think gumboots are indispensable. A prepper can use them in a wife variety of can use them in a wide variety of conditions and terrains including crossing swamps and walking through dense vegetation at might without having to worry about being pricked. I have an old undersize pair, do you own one?

2. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    I have lacross knee highs allso hip waders and chest waders this company makes fantastic long lasting boots

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have a pair for wading in water but I would not wear them for anything else. too clumsy, too noisy, uncomfortable, hot, heavy, can't run in them, can't climb in them, no, I will stick with my moccasins. Even wading through deep water is better in moccasins than wellies.
    Keith.

4. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    I suggest you add a pair of waterproof socks dupont seal skins are my favorites my newphew gets his from one of the big supply co mail order and he is happy with those they keep your feet wArm and dry in 1any conditions

5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    If I can't make it, or replace it in the wild, then I don't wear it. But thanks for the tip.
    Keith.

6. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    My knee high moccasins i wear with a light pair of white socks my seal skins then a set of wool knee highs my feet are comfy in all conditions

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    we call them "Wellingtons" or wellies for short, after the Duke of the same name.

8. Tom Williams

330/345

Blog Posts:
    Budget minded the 20 buck pairs at wall mart and tractor store do in a pinch but with alot of walkiing they crack at the top behind the toes