Had To Let This One Go

Discussion in 'Trapping' started by randyt, Mar 15, 2019 at 7:08 PM.

0/5, 0 votes

1. randyt

randyt Well-Known Member
      72/115

Blog Posts:
    When I was a kid I trapped this fella. I was in school and my brother came and got me out of school to deal with this fella. Back then a badger was protected in my area and even though I was a bit of a rebel, I used common sense when it came to conservation.

When I showed up we took a few photos. How the heck was I going to let him go, could have been a she too. Back to the house we went, I grabbed a 30 gallon galvanized tub. went back and flopped the tub over the badger. Pulled his leg out, shook paws and let him go, then ran like, you know fast as I could. Later on I went back to get the tub.

227e27a788a34b5d72e274782800fd9d.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 7:16 PM
    TMT Tactical and IBME like this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Expert Member
      140/173

Blog Posts:
    Well I'm not sure why you would want to catch him in the first place, unless maybe it was accident. Traps do not discriminate. Glad you let him go. I'm sure he was none to happy.

3. watcherchris

watcherchris Master Survivalist
      297/345

Blog Posts:
    I have foot traps for raccoons.....baited with a marshmallow.

I am very concerned I will catch a skunk in them. If so I will have to put them down from afar....very very afar.

I will not be going up close to let a skunk out of a foot trap...no way.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Morgan101 likes this.
  4. Morgan101

Morgan101 Expert Member
      140/173

Blog Posts:
    I had a classmate who had traps set for rabbits. He was checking on his traps on the way to school, and found he had caught a skunk. Got sprayed, and continued to come in to school. We all got to go home that day. Not sure how long it took to get the smell out of the school.