Handmade Slingshots

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by omegaman, Jan 21, 2018.

Handmade Slingshots 4 5 1votes
4/5, 1 vote

1. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    I make and sell these out of stabilized swedish wood. I forage forks and dry them myself and I band them with homemade flatbands or tubed to customers wish. I mostly work with knife and my finishes are woodash, blood (Swedish pig, moose or deer. My own in a few cases, 100% pure scandinavian viking blood!) or whatever the buyer likes. I do epoxy coating and polish with lamb wool from my fathers farm.
    This is just a hobby of mine and I would like to see if theres any interrest in these. I have never sold anything outside Scandinavia before. I charge equivalent of 15 US dollars and shipping. These are not machined boardcuts but natural forks. Made 90% with carving knife down to scraping and the rest sandpaper and different finishes. Right now I work alot with high gloss boat clear coating.

In Swedish these are called "Slangbella". Fun fact. Slang means tube and Bella is a girls name.

If nothing else let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

Bishop likes this.
  2. Bishop

Bishop Master Survivalist
      335/345

Blog Posts:
    I am a sling shot nut love all slingshot do you have any other pictures

3. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, look on my profile :) We could make a trade if you have one you made!

4. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
    Where are you at if your in Switzerland I can't mail over there customs will take it

5. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Hey ....fellows...question here...about bands.

Is there a reason one uses flat band material over tubular....???

Does one type work better under certain conditions and or designs than another.

I don't think I have ever read or heard an explanation for this if there is a difference or preference.

I thank you in advance for any comments on this question.

What is of interest to me is these types of slingshots which can be changed out to shoot arrows or then changed to shoot rocks, bearings etc.

But I have never heard an explanation for one type of tubing or flat rubber usage.

Watcherchris.

6. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
    Flat bands don't stack tubes do I get a lot more speed out of flat bands and accuracy

7. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
    This is a carpenter bee I shot it with a marble using a rotating head sling shot and flat bands

Check out Bill Hays video hell of a nice guy and a even better shot pocket predator slingshot

Nathan Masters of simple shot shooting sports

Really good guy very good shot these two guys have done a lot for the sling shot world as far as design and promotion I have shot with both guys and they are just as nice as can be

Both have videos that will help you learn how to shoot well

Check out slingshot community fourm

Say hey to ghost

8. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Bishop,
    Thanks for that explanation of flat bands over tubular.

Could you elaborate a bit more on exactly what is meant by tubes stack???

Also in flat band material..is there a certain type of preferred rubber and the source wherein one finds this particular more desirable blend of rubber ??
    Or perhaps I should say...what characteristics to look for in flat rubber...how It is identified/described verses other types of rubber.

I am aware that there is a whole host of different types of rubber out there.....specialty rubber adhesives as well.

Oh...and I speak of this simply because on the way to work there is a rubber store which specializes in Rubber seals. O rings...flat rubber.sheet rubber..rubber used for specialty mounting equipment....etc etc. I expect they would have exactly what I would need...if I knew how to properly describe it. Anything from regular rubber...to high temperature blends.

I believe this business would have exactly what it is for which I would need if I knew more about how to properly describe it.
    This establishment serves a lot of industries around here including shipyards and the military ....so I think they would have exactly what is needed.

Once again...I thank you in advance for whatever information you can provide.

Watcherchris

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  9. Bishop

335/345

Blog Posts:
    Stacking is where when you pull the bands back and let go the tube contracts and stops a spot with little flip and stops flat bands contracts and flips all the way over the top or through the fork depending on how your slingshot is set set up over the top or through the fork

I like theraband gold gold's gym green bands natural gum rubber and lintex

10. watcherchris

510/575

Blog Posts:
    bishop,

I saw this just now before I have to shove off.

I will come back and make further note of this . Thanks again.

Watcherchris