Have You Ever Been Attacked By Any Animal?

Discussion in 'Survival Stories' started by WildSpirit, Jul 6, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Highly agree with your choice

Dalewick and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. America's Patriot

America's Patriot Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    How many people that were attacked, can look back and say they could have prevented it or reacted differently, etc...

How? Share...

My own personal experience, the only "attacks" have been domesticated dogs (bad dog owners). A nice whack with a walking stick and alpha dominance puts them in their place. With the exception of one stubborn German Shepard, all the dogs eventually became great friends and would come greet me instead of attack me.

Other attacks, were totally my fault. Boars... hard to kill sometimes, get really pissed when you shoot and don't kill them. :)

3. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:

I have eaten goat, and I have eaten mutton, and I was perfectly fine with both. My similar experience, and thank God I never got sick, was in the Netherlands. First night I ordered beef, and it was a little more rare than I would have liked. Next night I ordered chicken, and yes, I got equally rare chicken. OMG!! :confused: Not what I was looking for. I survived, but back then I had a wrought iron stomach. I could have eaten an old boot with a side of chicken feathers, and I would have been fine. Not so sure what would happen now.

4. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Amen to the eating ANYTHING! If your old enough to remember the U.S. Navy J.E.S.T. (Jungle Environment Survival Training) school at Subic Bay. I got sent to 3 different levels of classes there, and I was in the Army. LOL! Did learn to HATE cobras there. LOL! Also learned I could eat anything if I was hungry enough.

Mama San didn't need to help my virility. Young single GI in places like Olongapo, Angeles City and Bangkok. Probably should have been eating salt peter by the pound. LOL! Wild times in wild places.

Dale

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  5. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Only one. It was a 14 foot tiger shark that came at me as I was getting out of the water from spear fishing. It got WAY to close before I saw it (didn't see it until my friends were screaming and pointing at it). It was about 3 feet away as I climbed on the reef. I had a 30 foot wide tide pool to cross before I got to the beach and my friends were dying laughing, saying I almost walked on water crossing it.

It was in Hawaii. I have thought a lot about that day. If I wouldn't have been spear fishing or if I would have killed my fish faster. To many if's. The other if's for me were, what if it had been one of the girlfriends that it came for. Where was it earlier? Why hadn't I seen it while fishing? How long had it been following me.

All of the rest of mine were either being in the wrong place, wrong time in the Army or just occupational hazards of working alone with wild animals.

Dog bites were all while working as a Park Ranger and checking the campgrounds at night.

Dale

6. Shenandoah

Shenandoah New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:

I was attacked by a badger when checking on newborn baby goats early one morning. My 'ol dog Festus jumped in there and allowed me to get out of the barn and to my pick-up where the 45 was sitting. Killed the badger, my dog lost his right front leg but his surgery went well and he lived another 6-7 years on 3 legs! I got a few staples in my leg, hand and arm got stitched. Thankfully, that badger didn't have rabies according to the vet....he was just irritable I suppose!

7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There is one critter that I have had a problem with. I know how to handle all the mammal type critters that we have where I live and have never had a lot of trouble from them. My nemesis is FIRE ANTS. Let me tell you if you have never encountered them they are vicious and will mess you up. It is strange how they will crawl up your arms or legs and then it is like they are communicating because suddenly they will all nail you. It is like being on fire. Each sting is like a red hot ember that has landed on you. Each sting will leave a raised pustule bum and the burning continues for a while.

These things seem to have some sort of sick attraction to electricity and especially like contactors and relays. I have seen dozens of these on the condenser unit of an ac or on water well and they will pack in around them and get killed. They are acidic and it will eat the metal up and ruin the contactor.

They are an invasive species that are becoming a serious problem here. They have nearly wiped out the quail population. Quail nest on the ground and the ants eat them up as soon as they hatch. I've also seen newborn calves that were killed by them because the cow dropped the calf too neat a fire ant mound. The Killer Bees are nothing up beside these little monsters.

TMT Tactical and Sonofliberty like this.
  8. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    What was the law on just shooting them in that situation?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Bears, Bees and cold beers. The Alaskan high life. Sounds like a good book title, it almost writes itself.

10. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    IMO, it was sweeter meat than equally prepared beef.

11. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    My experience. What kind of dog? if you know. We had roasted mutt.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    I still have some scars from fire ant bites. Last time I ever slept on the ground in Florida.

As for "attacks": 2 snake bites, both dry bites. I had a huge snake drop on me from out of a tree while fishing in the everglades. Either a large boa, or a python. It was huge and fast. It was gone in the water before I got my third shot off. It was then I switched to hollow points in my 44 and I also stopped standing under trees while fishing. I had a gator come up on the shore after me once, but what he really wanted was the big turtle I had just caught. Been charged several times by wild boar. They really don't like it when you shoot them; they take it very personally lol. Had a big ass gator, larger than my jon boat flip said boat once while I was hunting gator with a spear. Went back to the shotgun quick, then had to change my shorts.

13. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    They were in their back yard -- private property and doing their jobs. I was working, so did not have access to my pistol, it was back in the truck. I did have a pair of, 2 foot long, steel winding bars if needed. The law would have been a question mark. They were on private property but no warning signs (beware of dogs) posted and the dog owners had called for service for their garage doors. Once I got back to the truck I radioed in and had the company call the dogs owners and have them lock the dogs inside the house. Just glad I did not have to kill or injure a dog just doing it's job.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  14. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    While I agree with you being glad about not having to kill the dogs, doesn't your company have a policy whereby homeowners are supposed to put their dogs away before you get onsite?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I doubt the dog owner volunteered the information and the company receptionist who took the service call probably did not ask. Been my experience all the company wants to know is the address and if the customer can pay.

Sonofliberty likes this.
  16. Sonofliberty

407/460

Blog Posts:
    Never tried monitor. How does it compare to gator?

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Dalewick
      I prefer gator, ANY DAY! The closest thing I can compare it to was python or real stringy frog legs with a stronger flavor. Most of the ones we killed got cooked with the skin on and ate that way. That didn't help it.

Dalewick, Oct 14, 2019
      Sonofliberty likes this.
  17. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    I don't get to see what breed. And beside it was more of a food stall that sell it, so customer don't get to see

Sonofliberty and TMT Tactical like this.
  18. Mauser'sDaDa

Mauser'sDaDa Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  19. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Try fending off an attack by a reef shark.

They have better hydrodynamics than the boats at Little Creek, Virginia.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    Reef shark and all other shark were design by the God of Darwin, while those boats at Virginia were design by committee.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon Varuna,

Very good !

Keep healthy; max diligence ! Your city's been in the news.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    If the so-call news is in English, than its guarantee to be bogus

TMT Tactical and Dalewick like this.
  23. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good evening Varuna,

No public conflict between the Mayor and the Governor ?

TMT Tactical likes this.
  24. varuna

380/460

Blog Posts:
    ooch that... As the mayor former neighbour not to mention coming from the same party line, I can confidently state that the mayor is a real drama queen of the worst kind. However she is also "very generous" to most journalist to the point they really love following her around across the city. A lot of her own staffer seem to be feeding her slightly inaccurate reports in the hope she made serious public blunder (which she did eventually)

25. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

We "foreigners" know the basics of Indonesian politics.

That's why I said Surabaya was in the news but didn't mention her specifically or the central Java Governor.

Political blunders are common. Still, Surabaya hasn't been in large scale dangerous riots recently.

26. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Tennessee deputies smoke a camel.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/12/tenne...wo-men-bobby-matheny-tommy-gunn-after-escape/

"Two men were killed by a rampaging camel that escaped from a petting zoo in Tennessee, according to local officials.

"Bobby Matheny, 42, and Tommy Gunn, 67, both from The Volunteer State, died after they were cornered and attacked by the frenzied camel Thursday in Obion, roughly 100 miles northeast of Memphis.

"The humped beast was killed by responding law enforcement officers.

"The Obion County Sheriff’s Office got a call about a loose camel attacking people near the Shirley Farms petting Zoo at around 4:45 p.m., the department said in a statement.

"When deputies arrived, they found the two unconscious victims and the unhinged creature on the loose. Several agencies were on the scene to provide aid and get the victims to safety.

"As deputies moved one of the victims into an ambulance, the camel reappeared and attacked a sheriff’s office vehicle. Officers were forced to "put the camel down for the safety of everyone on the scene,' the statement said."
    -------------------------------------------

Camels do attack people (and hey, why not!).

Here's a video describing 10 camel attacks. First up in the video, a woman discovers a way to bite into the issue of how one is to defend their-self from one of these evil humped beasts ... at least male camels.

----------------

What is your pick as the best firearm for defense against these vicious humped killers?

Mine is the .43 Egyptian rolling block by Remington:

Be sure of your shot placement! Any one of these ugly creatures, when injured, are terrors upon the Earth!

upload_2022-3-12_16-26-21.png

---------------------------------

Which of the following two groups of camels have killed the most humans?

upload_2022-3-12_16-7-36.png

Tune into next week's "Old Geezer's Ramblings" to find out the answer!

-----------------------------------------

upload_2022-3-12_16-35-54.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
  28. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I've only been attacked twice in a very long life, and both times these were from stray dogs, once on my motorbike and once on foot when I'd had too much too drink, both times I suffered no injuries, I can handle most dogs, its people that are a pain in the arse/butt.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here in the SouthEast, caterpillars with spiky projections are very common, the Packsaddle among them.

Never been stung, because I was warned when young. Caterpillars are most likely to damage plants, not people; nevertheless, nobody wants a painful sting that could go on to develop an infection.

Tent caterpillar nests are profoundly ugly.

upload_2022-7-29_9-37-35.png

Woolly worms are profoundly cute.

upload_2022-7-29_9-39-43.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we have Furry caterpillars over here which I am told can be poisonous.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Many homesteaders head for Australia. I sure wouldn't head to the big "down under".

Is there anything in Australia that isn't poisonous?! Their plants are poisonous. Some trees there have poisonous stinging barbs. Their snakes are poisonous. Even their blacksnakes are poisonous. Their spiders are all poisonous. ...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/442971313349120535/

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=poisonous+plants+in+australia

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have had a few animals get pretty fiesty with me but in two of those cases I can't hardly blame them. An Uncle had let a few calves get a little big to be cut. A sow is sometimes VERY protective of her litter. I've also had a few dogs run me pretty hard but I don't think that they really wanted to catch me...they just wanted to see how fast a fat boy could run. I WAS big but I was also suprisingly fast.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    We kids played in the fields and forests. Such were our environs.

When grammar school age, a friend and I were crossing pasture land. Suddenly, a cow heads for us. We run for all we are worth. Towards the barn. Wrong direction. Where was her calf? Behind the barn.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Nearly all of the breeder cattle including the bull on the family farm were a lot like just big pets. When we fed the horses the bull and the lead cow would show up and expect to get a share. You could grab the bulls horns and sort of wressle with him and he liked the attention. A longhorn bull is an animal that you did NOT want to have an attitude. A brahman bull is also one that you need to break from being too agressive. I've heard that jersy bulls are mean but we only raised meat cattle.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  35. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a lot of dog walkers get injured by cattle over here, they assume they have the right to cross farmers fields even though it is private property, cattle dont like dogs at the best of times and if they have calves its best to stay away.
    in a really bad case, cattle will knock you down and stamp on you, there have been several examples of this in the UK over the years and serious injuries resulted, in one or two cases it was fatal.

36. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    That is strange to me. I have lived around cattle, horses and hogs all my life and only once had any problem. I had a little bull act assholish with my daughter but I went back the next day and "discussed" it with him with a bull whip and after that he would go to the other end of the pasture when the kids went swimming at the pond. He didn't attack them or anything he just was snorting and stomping and acting like he was going to do something. He was young and just didn't know better. LOL he eventually became almost like a big dog and liked attention.