Have you ever been locked up?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by DecMikashimota, Jul 7, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. DecMikashimota

DecMikashimota New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    Have you ever been to prison or done jail time?

2. ZoeZoundBarrier

ZoeZoundBarrier Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I’ve been locked up for a day for fighting in public. I had to do 250 hours of community service, and could not be within a certain distance of the bust terminal.

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    NO.
    Keith

hades_leae likes this.
  4. bluebetta

bluebetta Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    No I have not! However I am not near as judgmental about others who have been. Seeing how it works really enlightened me. Poor people are given public defenders who don't have time to actually work on a case and just scare all their clients into pleading guilty to things they never did. It seems the system is only fair if you can pay for your own lawyer who actually has time to work for you. Do not make the mistake of thinking every accusation or arrest is warranted or valid. Some unlucky people get railroaded and do not know how to stand up for themselves.

GS AutoTech and Keith H. like this.
  5. hades_leae

hades_leae Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    You seem really proud to say that haha. "NO", well I can't say the same, and I don't regret it. I went to jail for like a total of 2 weeks of my life.

I guess that makes me a thug for life, I went to jail for fighting and it wasn't my fault, but I took the charges and did hard time for it son. When it was time for me to get out, I had nothing homie, and worked my way back up because I'm a man. I don't really talk like that, but I'm just saying...I spend 1 whole week, and the rest of that time was broken down into 1 or 2 day increments through out a 3 year period. Petty stuff but thug life anyways.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    NO....I have visited someone in prison, but I have never served "time" myself.

7. Doubletap45

Doubletap45 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    No, not as an inmate anyway, I worked as a Correctional Counselor in a Prison for 4 years. Not a job I'd wish on anyone, prisons suck the life out of you. Most who have been locked up for any length of time become very different people, many should never be let out.
    I sure would not want to be locked up when the SHTF.

8. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
  9. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I have never been locked up or jailed. However, I have been locked in a room many times. When I was small, a teacher locked me and my friends in a room for being unruly. My parents have also locked me and my brother for fighting. Once we were locked, we began to repent and vowed never to repeat the same mistake. But then we were kids and we again committed the same mistake.

10. Bishop

Bishop Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I go to prison 5 times a week

11. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    Not in prison but in my own room when the doorknob was broken. It's not more than one hour but I felt it's scary. Good thing that my room's window is where our backyard is located and my mom was in the backyard during that time so I was able to ask for help.

12. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      175/230

Blog Posts:
    I never "Did time "
    I have been arrested a couple of times for the dumbest kid stuff.
    Never got in any real trouble but I've pushed the limits a few times.
    I guess I "thought " I was a hard ass till I learned life was pretty DAMN easy flying straight. LOL

13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    I did 10 hours hard time once in a county jail for a misdemeanor possession of marijuana when I was 19. My wife did 25 years in a maximum security prison unit but she was working there. She is a Dental Hygienist and our death row prisoners had clean teeth! I've worked in prisons a time or two.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  14. holditdown86

holditdown86 New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I got arrested once as an adult, but no conviction...spent 3 days 2 nights in the city county...

15. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Master Survivalist
      300/345

Blog Posts:
    Post-SHTF, even here in America, citizens will be ordered under federal martial law to turn in their firearms and extra food stores to the authorities. You'll be a felon if you do not. Thing is that in many states of the U.S., such orders will be a joke. Post SHTF, there is going to be little or no pay for federal employees and those in uniform. Soldiers WILL loot and many, if not most, desert their posts. When they get finished stealing confiscated food, firearms, and electric generators, they'll be gone back to their home states -- they have families also. In their home states, these deserters are not going to be friends with federal folk.

Watch what you say on sites such as this. Watch what you say to your neighbors and "friends". In hard times, friends turn into monsters, for they know way too much about you = enemies with intel.

Most of us are "small-fry", true; however, count on government sell-outs to get hard-up and attack the citizenry. Count on the "Goons-R-Us" to be out and about. There is some hope in that urban areas will be going up in flames and will soak-up uniformed feds to attempt to quell the infernos. Yet on the other hand, these uniforms will be looting the countryside of its food to support their own and to support the labor camps where they have shoved those "not with the program". Armies loot -- such is an absolute reality; read any history book.

Staying out of jail:
    Hide your stores. Bug-out to safer turf, if you need to do so (sounding better and better to me). Keep some items for the purpose of pay-offs to uniforms. If traveling, put together an armed convoy. Recruit your allies now, if at all possible; this without revealing your preparations, "If it ever hits the fan Tommy, I'll try to help you out as best I can. I'm poor and all, but ...". Maybe Tommy will reciprocate. Maybe Tommy isn't properly armed, so you can correct that post-SHTF. Keeping Tommy in the dark now is best for both you and Tommy in the future. You gotta have a six-o'clock ... maybe several six-o'clocks.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    holditdown86 likes this.
  16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    A cop explained that sort of thing to me a long time ago..."It's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6. Carry a gun!!!" This won't be the first time or even tenth time that I would be a felon if caught. I've been carrying a gun for 35 years and still am not totally sure that I want a concealed carry license. At one point I sold every gun I owned that had paper on it because I didn't want the government showing up at my door wanting a registered gun.

If you don't look for trouble and walk away when you can nobody ever needs to know how close they came to dying. If they attacked me I would worry about the legalities after I handled the problem. That is why I also carry a large knife and some form of handheld small weapon. I would only shoot you if you were trying to kill me. Three people have tried to mug and rob me. They have never got a penny and none ended up with bullets in them either. I LIKE sharp pointy things and they don't scare me a bit so trying to rob me with a switchblade hasn't worked out well.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  17. Blackfish

Blackfish Well-Known Member
      90/115

Blog Posts:
    When I was nineteen (I'm now fifty three), I had about six beers in me and punched a cop. He fell backwards and bounced off an oak tree. He and his pals busted me up pretty good with boots and clubs. One night in jail, and a one hundred dollar fine for disturbing the peace. I couldn't walk straight for about a month. First and last time I was in the slam.

18. paul m

paul m Well-Known Member
      70/115

Blog Posts:
    I spent twenty three hours in police custody for something I did not do.It was scary.I sued the crap out of them for wrongful arrest.Being locked in a cell ,with no control over my life still haunts me.

19. Ken S LaTrans

Ken S LaTrans Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Funny how that lesson stuck and you didn't do it again huh?

20. Blackfish

Blackfish Well-Known Member
      90/115

Blog Posts:
    I just didn't get caught again.