Have You Ever Benefited Yourself From Any Natural Medicine?

Discussion in 'Natural Medicine and Home Remedies' started by WildSpirit, Jul 16, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    c1c0df63fc13a62d5acf91386b620b8f.jpeg
    Erroneously, many people don't take into consideration the power of herbs for medicinal purposes. Not at least until the moment when they need to make use of some of them for some specific harm. :(

Speaking from my own experience, I can say that they are very effective and I have already solved some health problems with them, for example: back pain and headaches. :cool:

Caribou likes this.
  2. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I have kidney stones since 1995. I had undergone removal of the stones twice already. On this 3rd occasion, I resorted to herbal remedy. We call it Sambong leaves of a bush or small tree. We planted sambong on our front yard where we get the leaves that we brew with lemon grass. I had been drinking that herbal brew since 2006. The kidney stones have stopped manifesting itself with symptoms. It's just like I have no stones.

Caribou and Blitz like this.
  3. streettallest

streettallest New Member
      6/29

Blog Posts:
    I have benefited from Herbal medicine before. When I was raising broilers I always made sure I had enough supply of ginger and garlic in rhw farm. A combination of both, acts as preventive and remedial medicine for cold in birds.

So I administered the combination for 3 or 4 weeks from day old. There are a lot of active ingredients contained in both herbs. You can do a Google search for that...LOL

4. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Wow! This is so nice to be read! I'm really glad for you! :) I think herbal remedy has an unknown power, but one day it will be correctly recognized. :cool:

5. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Herbal medicine will dominate the world... And I think it won't be long before that happens. Long live for them! :)

6. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I have drank some herbal teas that have helped with various minor ailments. That would be thinks like colds, muscle tension, etc. As a general rule, though, no I haven't. While there are good, proven herbal remedies, there is also a ton of pseudoscience nonsense in the marketplace. One really needs to do their homework on this topic.

Jay Logan likes this.
  7. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    As well as in all kind of subject that is made available through internet, there is the good / true side and the bad / fake side. What needs to be done is to check the information before making any decisions.

8. Lydia Lucinda

Lydia Lucinda New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Sage tea, which the greeks call "Hymetis" - was a major part in my natural remedy course to heal "Graves Disease" hyperthyroidism. Taking the advice of an Egyptian doctor's book- saying that a lot of people will go into remission anyway after 7 years with the proper rest and diet-I refused the radioactive Iodine. I am very glad because the "hymetis" tea relaxed the thyroid and I changed my work lifestyle to accomodate some rest-goiter was gone in 3 to 4 years and by year 7 and 8 there was no trace of hyperthyroid disease in blood tests. This was a huge deal for sure but have benefitted here and there by many remedies over the years. That is just one.

Caribou likes this.
  9. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I have recently had some rather troubling health issues. I started losing weight and wasn't dieting or anything. At first it was sort of cool but as it kept on it was worrying. Eventually I started feeling bad and went to the Doctor. Basically I was starving to death and was BAD anemic. To make a long story short the natural bacteria in my gut had died. I started eating yogurT drinking raw milk and then found the probiotic drinks in the stores. It made all the difference in the world and I'm feeling great again. As you get older you need to be aware of this and be careful when you are taking antibiotics. This all stemmed from a serious sinis infection and a big round of oral antibiotics as near as we can tell.

I also have benefitted from several things like aloe vera for several ailments and use a lot of mints for various stomach things. Catnip and chamomile teas held with headaches that are stress related and St. John's-wort is also good for several stress related things.

There are several natural pain relievers that I've used on occasion. I used to have a willow tree that provided a lot of help and have had a friend that provided a tincture made from California Poppy that worked well.

If you know what and how to prepare and use them the natural world is full of plants and things that can do what doctors do with pills. For that matter a lot of the pills are just pharmaceutical copies of natural compounds.

Caribou and Blitz like this.
  10. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Jewelweed for severe poison ivy. Got ate up with poison ivy at work while clearing brush and the over the counter stuff wasn't working. Was getting ready to go to the Dr. when a old timer I knew told me to collect jewelweed (grows everywhere here) and boil it down and strain it. Was green and slimy feeling but within 24 hours, most of the poison ivy rash was gone. Great stuff!

Dale

Caribou, Whisper and TMT Tactical like this.
  11. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    post SHTF when the pharmacies are all trashed and the hospitals have had all their equipment broken or stolen and all their drugs gone down the gullet of drug addicts, herbal medicine and natural cures will be what we will be using, after all its what we had until big pharma came on the scene, and natural medicine is the basis for all of modern medicines until they started using oil derivatives.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Once had a little campfire charcoal in lieu of an antacid tablet(s).

It did work and the cost was appreciated: zero.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  13. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    aloe vera for small cuts and also burns...works well.

A very nice older woman taught me about this plant...and I am ever grateful. Plan to get another two of them...for around here.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

14. Whisper

Whisper Well-Known Member
      70/58

Blog Posts:
    I've used herbal and home remedies for many things with great success.

Bentonite clay for insect stings, also worked on sun poisoning and other muscle related injury.
    Slippery elm bark mixed with milk and honey fixes any nausea I have.
    Apple Cider vinegar works on acid reflux, so does pickle juice. :) Lots of uses for this.
    Pickle juice also stops leg cramps for me.
    Dandelion tea rids the body of excess fluids while retaining potassium.
    Samento is a Peruvian form of cat's claw, more potent than regular cat's claw. This shrinks moles, is anti bacterial, anti viral and can have a big impact on improving eyesight. It has cured my and others "flu" within 12 hours. It is expensive and I only use the liquid extract.
    I also use lipsomal vitamin C and make my own.

15. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    My father used to give the dog a charcoal tablet to stop the dog's flatulence. Seemed to work.

16. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Devil's Club salve for pain.
    Cherries for gout or kidney stones caused from uric acid.
    Noni for multiple disorders.
    Garlic to chelate lead.
    Cinnamon for better blood sugar control and cholesterol.

Justin Baker, TMT Tactical and Blitz like this.
  17. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    All the time! But as an herbalist, I might be biased ;)

TMT Tactical likes this.