New Member Hello From Blade.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by blade_foxhollow, Jan 13, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. blade_foxhollow

blade_foxhollow Expert Member
      138/173

Blog Posts:
    Hello fellows. I am from the country and enjoy being away from people. I live in a small town in South Carolina. I served 6 years in the Army National Guard. I have a wife and two kids. I have tons of random, useless knowledge. Will most likely be reading to gain more knowledge. Any questions feel free to ask.

2. Squirtgunsquirter

Squirtgunsquirter Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Blade... I like being away from people too! I will certainly have questions for you. I'm new too, but welcome.

blade_foxhollow likes this.
  3. blade_foxhollow

138/173

Blog Posts:
    I have tons of knowledge dealing with mechanics from a basic bicycle to an 18 wheeler and every military vehicle except the abrams.

4. Squirtgunsquirter

Squirtgunsquirter Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Hmmm ok. What were you in the Guard? Did you go overseas? Just trying to get an idea what I could ask about.

5. blade_foxhollow

138/173

Blog Posts:
    I was a wheeled vehicle mechanic and track vehicle repairer. I never deployed to a war zone due to injuries. I would also suggest not asking someone who has been to many questions about their time there. Just as a general rule of thumb.

6. blade_foxhollow

138/173

Blog Posts:
    Of course being prior service you already know that. What did you do in the Navy? Did you have to babysit the crayon eaters?

7. Squirtgunsquirter

Squirtgunsquirter Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I was an Aviation Electronics tech, I was on a carrier in the Gulf during the first Gulf War (desert shield) and knocked around the Pacific theatre a bit. 2 of my best friends did multiple tours in Afghanistan (One Army Sargeant, one 18A SF captain), so I can ask them stuff and we train together, but that's a pretty small circle. I like to ask combat guys their opinions on gear, loadouts, tactics, stuff like that. I would never be such an idiot as to ask for like, a kill count, or about terrible memories. That would be dumb. Anyway, my Uncle was a Green Beret in Viet Nam, and a hard drinker and a cool, (but pretty mean and hardcore) guy, so I learned the etiquette at a young age. Wish he would have taught me to shoot! Mostly he was interested in mindset.

Anyway, thanks for the answer! If I have any vehicle related questions, I hope I can hit you up.

8. blade_foxhollow

138/173

Blog Posts:
    Anytime. I did train to deploy but as for keeping a kit light? Yeah not one damn clue. I know the basics I would pack and haul without question. I know the things I would have as back up. And I know what I wouldn't question leaving behind.

9. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts: