New Member Hello From Nebraska

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Vincent M. Sringer, Jan 28, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Vincent M. Sringer

Vincent M. Sringer New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon,

Just a quick background on myself. Im 37 years young Native American Veteran, residing in Nebraska, but have asperations of moving back up to my home state of Montana and eventually living off the grid. Ive been working in the construction field for over ten years now and have military background. Like most, sick and tired of living pay check to pay check and being a slave to the system. I have been reading, planning and researching "going off the grid" for about two years now but am stuck executing because of debt. What can I do to get there quicker?

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day Vincent & welcome to this forum. Good introduction, thank you.
    Mate I don't think there is any easy quicker way to get out of the rat race & into off grid until you get rid of all debts.
    Not using a credit card will help, only use cash & only purchase what you need & can afford.
    I had to work long hours for years before I got to where I am now, & I did not have any debts except for the land I payed off with vendor finance. That land I eventually sold & moved to where we are now. We have been off grid now for over 40 years.

Perhaps someone else on here can give you better advice Vincent, but I wish you the best of luck.
    Regards, Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

Follow Keith's advice, no credit, cash only. Set aside a monthly amount before an discretionary spending. Scale down were ever possible. No cable TV, go antenna, no smart phones go flip phone and no data plan. There are many ways to cut back on costs, you just have to be willing to make the changes.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum! I still bleed Husker red from my time spent on the family farm in Sarpy County back when all the roads were dirt!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to here! I am looking forward to reading about your journey to FREEDOM!

In addition to the good advice that has already been mentioned in this thread, I suggest that you learn all that you can get your eyeballs on... you can be more self-reliant by learning and practicing the ways of the ancestors...even if you live in a city.

Don't rely on just collecting information about living independently; practice it. Unfortunately, much information is parroted MISinformation, and you will never know it until you actually put them into practice.

Being self-reliant starts in the heart. And where there is passion, action will follow.

TMT Tactical and Alaskajohn like this.
  6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us. It will take a lot of self discipline to get out of debt. Buying what you need, and not what you want. Rid yourself of credit cards. Maybe keep one for an emergency. If you don't have the cash don't buy it.

Start a discipline of paying yourself first. Every time you go to the bank put 10% in a savings account. You will be astonished at how quickly it will grow. I have found that if you have access to any type of payroll deduction, maybe a 401K, that is the best way to save. You never see it, so you don't miss it, and you don't have to have the self discipline to actually put it in a different account.

Good Luck, and welcome aboard.

TMT Tactical likes this.