New Member Hello From Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by danil54grl, Jun 29, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. danil54grl

danil54grl Expert Member
      125/173

Blog Posts:
    My husband and I live down along the Gulf Coast of Texas so we are ready to go during this hurricane season. It goes with the territory living this close. We have a small farm that we raise goats, cows, pigs and chicken for our food purpose along with growing a good sized garden. I preserve as much as I can with canning, dehydrating and freeze drying. I am always on the look out for learning new skills, especially when it comes to homesteading and homesteading and prepping go hand in hand. Looking forward to learn what and how other people are doing things.

2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

Glad to see you made the cross over. You know me as Urbanprep. This is a very good forum. I think you will like it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is very nice and informative Lady, treat her well.

3. danil54grl

danil54grl Expert Member
      125/173

Blog Posts:
    Thank you very much. Tell you what, I have a lot of reading to do!

TMT Tactical, Sourdough and Dalewick like this.
  4. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum from West Virginia.

Dale

5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Danil,

Welcome to the Forum.

You've got homesteading foundations mastered.

The big changes requiring new skills and arrangements are evacuations during hurricanes in this pandemic era. More diseases are inside emergency shelters than in a weekend afternoon in Walmart.

Again: Welcome !

Transmitting from Hurricane Alley, Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia.

6. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    A warm welcome from "The Great State of Alaska".

TMT Tactical and danil54grl like this.
  7. danil54grl

danil54grl Expert Member
      125/173

Blog Posts:
    We don't evacuate during hurricanes. We are inland enough 30 miles by the crow flying. Way to many obligations to leave. We normally go without power for a couple weeks afterwards but that has been the biggest issues. Picking up blown over fences, doing laundry by hand and running generators is just one of those things you deal with.

8. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Danil,

The new evac options (less government decrees) are not so much about flooding and dangerous winds.

It's the pandemic combined with the current political instability potential.

Someone could be vehicle evac on I-10 or the old Hwy 90. The trailer with horses, statistically speaking, can have EEE and the dog can have other zoonotic stuff. The mosquitoes can be at your place in 2-3 days.

Trump has a problem like Lenin had. In the US are foreign "armies" - modified to now mean squads of enemy trash. The country is not yet set up to successfully confront this. The old days are gone and the current times were seen in my area's "beltway sniper" scares. Most are not ready for dealing with the semi-invisible. It takes experience and knowledge.

9. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us.

10. poltiregist

poltiregist Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome - it sounds like you have a good grip on reality and what it will take to survive .

11. DirtDiva

DirtDiva Master Survivalist
      285/345

Blog Posts:
    Good to see a familiar face Dani. Great lady here and super hard worker! Good people:)

12. danil54grl

danil54grl Expert Member
      125/173

Blog Posts:
    Well hello my old friend!! I thought I would stop by and check out this site and I have seen quite a few faces that are familair. It's kinda nice ;).

TMT Tactical and DirtDiva like this.
  13. BSHJ

BSHJ Expert Member
      227/230

Blog Posts:
    Welcome....neighbor! We relocated from East Texas to the 'outback' in Arkansas. Nice to hear that you have all that going on with your property. With all that you have, there is the potential for a good income from selling the 'excess' fresh produce on the side of the road over a weekend or two. Good luck and glad to have a new smiling face here (or talkative one).

14. danil54grl

danil54grl Expert Member
      125/173

Blog Posts:
    @Pragmatist If your talking about this Chinese flu pandemic, I'm not too concerned. A friend introduced me to CDS earlier this year and both my husband take it to prevent illnesses. It is what missionaries take with them to other countries to purify water and also cure illnesses. It's great to have on hand.

Thank you. It's really my heaven on earth;). I enjoy the lifestyle. I could sell my excess, but I am not in the best location to have a roadside farmers market here. I live at the end of a dead end road and not a lot of traffic comes my way. I preserve enough to last a couple years and then I will start giving my excess to the pigs, goats and cows. Bull Charlie and goat Polly Anna both love cucumbers and can eat one right after the other. Nothing goes to waste here.

TMT Tactical and DirtDiva like this.
  15. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Hello and welcome from Alaska! I look forward to your posts!