New Member Hello From Tx

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Rose_and_Raven, Sep 23, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Rose_and_Raven

Rose_and_Raven Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm hardly new to prepping though I never called it that. I lived in an area were floods were common and so was bad weather. I always thought of it as simply being ready for the storms that knock out power for days at a time and for the floods and the like.

Just like back in my home town, I get odd looks as if I'm growing a second head since I always have spare food on hand, always have tools like a axe and other basic tools and the like and even have a large pack and spend a lot of time out in the woods.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day R & R, welcome to this forum.
    Keith.

3. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Greetings!! Texas is a great place for preppers since we are always a little bit prepared anyway. My power blinks off pretty often and the hurricane season is always entertaining in a morbid sort of way.

I'm a fifth generation Texan. I was raised in Beaumont then moved North into the the East Texas woods near the lakes.

4. gogo777

gogo777 New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    I am in TExas in the panhandle. Glad to be here.

5. Rose_and_Raven

Rose_and_Raven Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    South Central. Nothing but rain, rain and more rain all week and likely next week too. Typical winter here. Kinda funny to here people gripe and whine about it. The weather doesn't bother me in the least. Then again I'm the kind who can hear about there being a flood or some other natural disaster near by and would shrug, roll over and go back to sleep while the sheeple panic.

6. Rose_and_Raven

Rose_and_Raven Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    South Central. Nothing but rain, rain and more rain all week and likely next week too. Typical winter here. Kinda funny to here people gripe and whine about it. The weather doesn't bother me in the least. Then again I'm the kind who can hear about there being a flood or some other natural disaster near by and would shrug, roll over and go back to sleep while the sheeple panic.

7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My biggest problem with the freaking floods is that I can't even get TO the boat launch to go fishing!! I try to fish every Friday and a lot of Saturdays but the water is so high that they have closed and blocked off the entire parking lot to the boat launch. I have caught some nice fish in the backwaters of floods in the past. We generally consider bad weather to be mostly just a challenge.