New Member Hello From Virginia

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by CharliePrepper, Jan 3, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. CharliePrepper

CharliePrepper New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi folks!

I'm a young blood that is keen on learning survival skills and living off the grid. Hopefully I can learn from the vets here in the forums.

Keith H. and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm welcome from the Arizona valley folks.

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day Charlie & welcome to this forum. Good to have you onboard.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Hello Charlie, My name is Coffee, and I just joined here today. I am an old timer about prepping, and I am in Central Virginia. If I can be of any assistance, or answer any questions, or offer any advise, please just ask. I will be more than happy to get you ready as rapidly as you desire.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    It would really be good if we could see your introduction coffee or did I miss it some how?
    Regards, Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to here! This is a good place to hang your hat!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Welcome Charlie.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Charlie,We are having a get-together this Saturday May, from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm at the Mechanicsville Library, located at 7461 Sherwood Crossing Place, Mechanicsville, Va. 23111. Their Phone # (804)746-9615. We will be meeting, sharing information, ideas. Feel free to bring anything you want to show and tell or handouts, etc. Please RSVP me on site or click Inbox across the top and send me a private answer. Hope you will join us.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Charlie Prepper,

A warm welcome !

SIDEBAR: Good morning Coffee, (am now in the mood for an espresso !)
    Do we have any contact with Nomad Will from Northern Virginia Autonomous Oblast ? If he can't make this Saturday's meeting, in June, I'm open to meeting him somewhere like Fredericksburg's Golden Coral restaurant for a make-up meeting.

11. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:

I replied to a Nomad 666, I think that was it...I ask him if he was the same and explained what we were doing and invited him to join us and to RSVP....waiting now. I will keep you posted. Almost Saturday, Yeah !!!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    In a few hours, enroute to library. Looking forward to paved roads.

In my notes for meeting, will be introducing a publication or 2 that's on web. For the benefit of those not attending our eastern Virginia meeting:

1. homelandprepnews.com - The current issue of this DHS pub focuses on All_Hazards prep, expiration date change for anthrax medical countermeasures, counterterrorism, ...

2. Lighter reading can be found at FEMA's newsletter: "individual community prep" Don't have url. The current issue talks about older Americans, emergency kit essentials for infants, ...

Meanwhile, "You can go for 4 days in space, but when you return it's the same old place". Barry McGuire, "The Eve of Destruction" circa late 1960s.

Radar likes this.
  13. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Charlie,
    We were hoping to hear from you and that you would be interested in getting together with others from Virginia. We had our first meeting today and had a great time chatting and just sharing ideas and information with each other. We have decided to try to have group get-togethers monthly. We are planning a trip to a survival store at our June meeting. It will be planned and announced here on this site. It is located in Fluvanna, in the town of Troy, near Zion Cross Roads off Rt. 15 at Interstate 64. Me may meet and greet first for coffee and to group together to go to the survival store. Everything survival is sold there. The owner also gives tours through his facility to show new items, etc. Hope you can come. It feels like the time is right for us to meet and get to know one another to the closest members we can.

Radar and TMT Tactical like this.
  14. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Coffee and Pragmatist,

Great to meet both of you today...chat and exchange ideas and information's.

I have looked up that survival store on line and bookmarked it to this computer. Will do the same on my other computer in my radio room.

I would like the tour of that store. Had no idea about that place. Thanks for the info.

Been napping since I got back. Time to rustle up something to eat.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  15. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:

He gives a great tour of everything he has and demonstrates the latest gadgets. And he gives samples of his editable goodies. He really has everything to be self-sustainable / survival. He is great peo0le, I can't wait for you all to meet him. It will truly be a great day. Thanks

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning coffee and Watcher Chris,

Had just plotted location of Troy, Fluvanna store.

Now I know where it is....the Palmyra, Fork Union military high school area.

If I /we can prep a simple "letterhead stationery" masthead, would like to place a copy of a "flyer"/bulleting-board notice at Bass Pro Shop, Hampton and Cabella's, Short Pump. Potential new members are out there but they are lost in our modern society (apologies for using word "modern").

Forgot something yesterday. I had an additional hand-out. I want all of us to have best quality, non-cyber portable medical records in a waterproof pouch. It's the yellow CDC 731. Will bring to next meeting.

Depending on my tiredness today, I want to study that Lynchburg "Central Virginia Survival and Disaster Preparedness Society". They're doing something right.

We do need more members to reach an economy of scale for our preparedness efforts. We need a dash more than a bake sale to help support the forum's web site. When - not "if" - we get some new members, I will personally get some more CDC 731, medical info pamphlets. I might have some supply of ZipLoc and Hefty brand pouches in the barn. Will check.

Long range; let's consider a joint tour of National Weather Service Wakefield with the Lynchburg folks. I'll try to remember how to make a Windsor knot on a tie so they don't think we're still colonialists ruining the Chesapeake Bay.

17. watcherchris

watcherchris Legendary Survivalist
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    LOL LOL LOL!!!

But on the serious side...waterproofing ones medical records is a good idea.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite

TMT Tactical likes this.
  18. coffee

coffee Expert Member
      170/173

Blog Posts:
    Pragmatist...
    Depending on my tiredness today, I want to study that Lynchburg "Central Virginia Survival and Disaster Preparedness Society". They're doing something right.

Please consider our title a little longer, at least until you research the other group. As I looked it over, I discovered they were not, to me, what I was looking for....a group that was preparing for all that life may be planning on throwing at us, nor gathering to discuss and gain knowledge or experience to become equipped.

When we decided on a date that we want to go to the survival store location, I MUST call him and set up an appointed day and time with him and a number of people attending. He is not just open at all times and does not just want any and everyone just dropping into his place. This must be organized in advance, okay.

I try to always try to remind new preppers to gather copies of all their important papers: birth certificates, marriage license, deeds to properties, car titles, bank papers, etc. and put copies into a waterproof and fireproof place...as well as...maybe an extra copy at a relatives home.

We need so much more time together to discuss all the information...pick each others brains and maybe even put all our known great ideas/information into list to help others.

19. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Was using the Lynchburg site predominantly for format purposes.

I had just modified the Lynchburg title to place something here. It's up to us.

Re "etc";
    Copy of RX prescription medicines / optical RX for corrective lenses (glasses-sun and regular)
    Copy or prepared document for any expensive item carried. The bigger Streamlight brand flashlights have a serial number (SN). I believe a SN is also on Fanon brand megaphones.

Definitely to help others.

Understand the requirement for the Fluvanna tour. We must first get some more members. Then a tally of those interested in the Troy visit.

All this stuff is accomplish-able.

It's been done before.

Radar likes this.