New Member Hello there ...

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by CivilDefense, Jun 18, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    I just signed up for the forum, so I thought I'd say hello to the board. Let's see ...

I'm a husband and father of two small children. I live on rural acreage in the Pacific Northwest. My occupation is in the software field.

Regarding preparedness, it is not a hobby for us, but rather a way of life. My wife and I are very committed to both family and community preparedness. We've been working hard at making our household as self-sufficient as possible (e.g., energy, water, defense, etc.). I'm active with ARES (I'm a licensed amateur radio operator), The American Civil Defense Association, and contribute to the Mennonite Disaster Service. My wife is active in the American Red Cross and teaches first aid and CPR. We'd like to get involved with CERT, but haven't had the time yet.

Anyway, I hope to share some, hope to learn some, and maybe have some fun along the way. Best regards. :)

2. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Wow! How nice it is to meet you. It sounds like you and your wife are very involved in your community. Its only too bad you aren't in my area. I've been wanting to learn cpr! I look forward to reading some knowledgeable threads by you!