New Member Hello......tmt Sent Me, So Blame Him.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Sourdough, Jan 27, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I am happy to be a new member here. I am always interested in learning. And helping out if I can. My guess is that many of you likely know me by other forum user names, on other forums.

49 years living in Alaska wilderness, on Lake Clark and the very upper Susitna River. Got one of the last (FREE) homesteads under the Federal Homestead Act, in the early 70's before it closed forever.

Retired from 40 plus years as a Alaska Big Game Hunting Guide Outfitter, and Bushpilot.

Currently developing my third and last homestead. Have been living with and studying the large bears on Kodiak Island and The Alaska Peninsula. Have a deep interest in Caching Supplies, and have caches all over much of Alaska from days as a bush pilot, mostly PA-18-150 (Super Cubs).

I try to help others with their "Preparing for Survival" but mostly they are not ready. They are interested in surviving, but they want it to be easy, and preferably purchasable from a store. Sadly it just does not work that way.

One quick question.........is there a way to change the color of this forum, I am having a hard time with the dark background.

Thank You

Note: Guess it is only fair that I disclose that I have been chased out of a lot of forums, it seems that being serious about Prepping and Survival, is a huge upset to some people.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day IBME, & welcome to this forum. The only people that get kicked off here are spammers & people who are rude to other members. Polite criticism is acceptable, harassment is not.
    Good to have you onboard IBME.
    PS: sorry mate but I don't think there is any way an individual other than administration can change the colour of this forum.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Thank you..........I found a way to change the Black Background to a Powder Blue, it is easier you me to see and read. The change is located in the very bottom and far left of page.

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well there you go, I learnt something today, I did not know that. Well done.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Sourdough

515/575

Blog Posts:
    Where is the best place for a new member to ask questions about the forum.....???

Like should I post some information on bear encounter safety in the "Safety" section or in wilderness section.....???

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think I would post it on the Wilderness board, but there is some overlapping with subjects & boards & this is bound to happen. Don't worry too much mate just give it your best guess.
    Any technical forum questions should be directed to the administrator here: https://mysurvivalforum.com/members/branchd77.1/
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm welcome from the Arizona folks. USA Yes, I will haply take the credit for your posts, You have too much knowledge to be lost. Look forward to your sharing of past and present experiences. I think you are going to fit in quite nicely. I did learn from and enjoy many of your cache experiences.

8. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome aboard IBME. Looks like a lot of familiar info. Good to have you with us.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Glad to see you made the jump! Welcome!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Hello old friend. I am glad we shipwrecked on the same island-forum, lol.

To fellow members: you have been warned! LOL!

All kidding aside, I have learned a lot from IBME over the years. He has stretched my mind (and imagination) far beyond what is normal, but I don't regret a minute of it.

TIP: This man is NO troll and I have never heard an inflammatory expression from him in almost ten years. So no worries there.

TMT Tactical and Alaskajohn like this.