help! advice?

Discussion in 'First Aid and Medicine' started by BeautifullyBree, Jul 3, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. BeautifullyBree

BeautifullyBree Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    So this is pertaining to first aid, and could be useful in a survival situation. I burned my throat with mustard. Its a holiday weekend so no doctor until Tuesday. Let me tell you how this happened. I was eating food with mustard on it and I accidentally inhaled. The mustard hit my throat and I started coughing immediately. Since then ive had a very sore throat. This happened last night at dinner. Has anyone ever had this happen or any tips on what might help me?

2. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    Its not clear how something you are eating can turn toxic when you inhale the same? Are you referring to mustard sauce or the toxic gas? Anyway, if you happen to inhale an irritant, you should boil some water and then cover your face with a damp towel and inhale the vapour. This should be followed by inhalation of menthol containing substance like Vicks to prevent or reduce inflammation.

3. BeautifullyBree

43/47

Blog Posts:
    I inhaled the mustard sauce. Sorry for the confusion. I know it seems silly, but definitely painful.

4. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Honey should relieve the burn

5. BeautifullyBree

43/47

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the tips. I'm finally experiencing a little relief. I never knew eating a simple sauce would burn my throat like that. I'm definitely going to practice better eating techniques when it comes mustard. Green tea actually helped me. I inhaled the steam off the cup and drank the tea.

Justin Baker likes this.