New Member Hey There, New To The Scene

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by appleandcinnamon, Jul 4, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. appleandcinnamon

appleandcinnamon New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Hey guys,

Nice to meet you all. I've always been a pretty outdoorsy sort of person and my interest lies in foraging wild fruits and plants, especially berries, for food. Over the years I've taught friends and classmates how to identify safe/edible berries, how to choose the best ones, what to look out for and generally how to store and prepare them. Outside of the usual cake/pie/jam trifecta, you can use berries to make some awesome liquor (sloe gin and damson vodka come to mind). Looking forward to enhance my foraging knowledge here. Cheers!

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day apple & welcome to this forum.
    Keith.

3. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome, I'm guessing by your syntax that you're another UK resident. Welcome to an extremely select group.
    There aren't very many of us who admit to being preppers.

4. appleandcinnamon

8/29

Blog Posts:
    Interesting. Was one, for a while! Read for my undergraduate and postgraduate degrees there.

5. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    You must have picked up more then an education then :) and I really should have picked up on the words "awesome liquor", my bad :(
    It's getting harder and harder to tell these days, probably all that globalisation that so many people are moaning about. You're still very welcome even if you were only over here as a student, there aren't generally enough clever conversations.
    It usually degenerative into how to kill/avoid zombies.

6. appleandcinnamon

8/29

Blog Posts:
    Haha, I think that has to do with the fact that my ex is American. Insidious influence on my choice of words from his side. To be frank, I -did- feel welcome as a student -- that changed a bit after the Brexit vote happened :(

7. Ystranc

410/460

Blog Posts:
    Well don't blame me for that one....I was one of the thoughtful minority.