New Member Hi From The Uk

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by John Scotcher, Oct 13, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. John Scotcher

John Scotcher New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi there,
    John in the UK here. I've been increasingly thinking about how to get my family through a situation with no food. We currently live in a small town in the UK, but are panning to get out into the country within the next few years finances depending. Until then, I need to get us ready for survival in an urban environment. I am starting with building a six month food supply. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    welcome John , from Devon.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning John,

Welcome to the forum.

This is the place to start your preparedness.

Do note that knowledge is most important; the supplies are secondary.

4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    the only "stupid" question is the one you DONT ask!!!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. John Scotcher

John Scotcher New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :)

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum! I look forward to your posts!

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    There is another thread going on right now. Its name is "Starting A Food Supply And Confused By Kcals". That thread/discussion (whatever these things are called) has the same question of what and how much to put back. Jump over there to get info.

Morgan101 and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to this forum.
    The food supply will be of little or no value to you and your family, if anyone knows about it. If you have children they will tell everyone. If you tell any of your family you are stocking six months of food, and the SHTF.........they will be moving in with you. If you have told anyone at work or church or the corner Pub or anywhere......they will remember, especially they will remember when their family is crying from hunger.

Prepping is a high security and dangerous endeavor. You really can't do just one part, like food, or food and water. You need to have a whole plan, with everything well thought out, and tested.

In my opinion..........the biggest error preppers make is they massively under estimate how hard it will be to retain control of their supplies. And they assume they will be successful at fighting off repeated attacks.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

10. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    "We currently live in a small town in the UK ..."

Without getting too nosy:
    > How big is "little"?
    > Are the folk in your town civilized? If push comes to shove, how would you think they'd go? Loony? Stick together-ish?
    > How far is the nearest BIG city? If that big city goes psycho post-SHTF, could your small town start getting urban refugees? You see the danger I'm talking about, right?
    > If aggressors come to take your survival supplies, do you have the weaponry to drive them away? Will your wife fight? Is she perfectly willing to draw blood? Will your house-dog bark then bite? Terrible topic, yet witness the days in which we live ... when things haven't gone sideways yet. When things DO go sideways, all bets are off as to how the herds of "humans" will stampede.

Other questions concerning your family's ability to make it during SHTF:
    > The electricity goes off for weeks then months, do you have other means of cooking food and having light sources. Fireplace? Wood-stove? Kerosene lamps?
    > Any health issues that require medications?

Given the above, know that there are many sections of this site to which you can go to find solutions to the topics I just listed. Scout this entire site for topics you have considered and topics that will be new to you. I myself have found all manner of new information here. I have found topics that I had not thought-out particularly well and the answers as to what is best to handle such situations. Think now, prepare now, for when things go chaotic, logic seems to abandon our species, ourselves included. My emotions are too active.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day John, & welcome to this forum.
    Keith.
    An ex West Sussex lad.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Smack dab in the middle of the USA. Good to have you with us.

Building a good store of food is not difficult, and does not have to break the bank. Buy just a little each week to put aside. Buy the things that you will eat. Get a variety of canned goods, dried goods, staples, seasonings. If you get food that has to be cooked make sure you have a way to cook it. Have some foods that do not require cooking. Have some "last forever " foods.

There is a wealth of information here. Look at the old posts, and you can probably find what you need. If you can't find it post a new thread. Welcome aboard.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to here. 100% to what others have said!

TMT Tactical likes this.