New Member Hi The Name's Keenon

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by keenonthedaywalker, Apr 12, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. keenonthedaywalker

keenonthedaywalker Active Member
      33/58

Blog Posts:
    Hi there I am also new to this, but it looks like an amazing website.[​IMG]

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day Keenon, & welcome to this forum. Which country do you live in?
    Keith.

3. keenonthedaywalker

33/58

Blog Posts:
    Hi Keith, I live in the Netherlands

4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I live in Australia. 18th century living history is popular in the Netherlands from what I have read, you can learn a lot from these living historians about long term wilderness living. I recommend you check & see if there are any groups in your area. They are fun & educational.
    Regards, Keith.

5. keenonthedaywalker

33/58

Blog Posts:
    Hey keith. Yeah I have already checked before I joined the site. I am not interested in some of them. But there are a few

6. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good one. If I can ever be of any help, don't hesitate to contact me.
    Regards, Keith.

7. keenonthedaywalker

33/58

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Kieth! I am Still kinda young, but I am a prepper. People may think I am crazy, but I like to think that IF something ever happens my family and I would be prepared. How long have you worked at or with the website? Sorry I kinda asked it stupidly.

Keith H. likes this.
  8. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    To be honest I can't remember how long I have been on here, 6-9 months maybe at a guess. Possibly longer. My short term memory is shot these days! But I do run a website myself, & you are welcome to join if you wish. It has international membership, so there are people from all over. There is also an associated survival section on the same forum.
    http://eighteenthcenturylivinghistory.freeforums.org/
    Keith.

9. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Hello Keenon. Welcome.

Which languages do you speak, i.e. to where could you bug out, need be? Sure looks like you've got English in your language arsenal.

Just looked at your profile and you're under 18. Oops, can't bug out yourself, but you could help your family do so. Are you into archery or air rifles? Are you a cook? Canning foods is both a hobby and a survival skill. Do you like to do mechanical work? There's a GREAT survival skill set -- mechanics / engineering. Any other folk in your family interested in economic or general preparedness topics?

Nobody can repair anything anymore and nobody can get by without electricity it seems. Don't let that be you.

I just looked and there is Scouting in the Netherlands. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouting_Nederland

Things were very different when I was a young man, so understand that my youth was from decades and decades ago; you'll think of men like me as being a bit like dinosaurs. I was rather self-sufficient even at your age (hunting, fishing, camping, ...) plus I had a bunch of very, very negative things dumped on me when in high school. I hope and pray that does NOT happen to you.

I'm uber serious about the following: DO NOT TRY TO GROW UP TOO FAST!!! You'll go through each stage of life anyway, so there is no need to rush things. Really, you don't have to be a full adult tomorrow afternoon. You can learn a whole lot by having fun. Camping and fishing come to mind. I've always loved being out in nature.

keenonthedaywalker and Keith H. like this.
  10. keenonthedaywalker

33/58

Blog Posts:
    Thank you very much man. I can speak Dutch, English and Afrikaans. I do live with my family but I know quite a few things like, cooking, fishing, programming and many other thing. I hate cooking though and programming would not be important if anything ever happend. My brother and father are really good at repairing things and they can repair just about anything. Thank you for showing me about the scouting thing. Old Geezer I do not think age matters all that much, because even if you are old you know much more things than any other person out there and that is great. thanks man.

11. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    My father had two older brothers and it was from them that he learned to fix rather complex electrical equipment. He himself did not graduate high school -- after WWII, he passed the General Educational Development test, which was a high school diploma equivalent; G.I. bill and all that. He demanded that I attend college (though he died while I was in high school). So hit up your dad and brother for their repair knowledge. Plus, don't be afraid to take classes at a tech. school or a trade school even though you are going to get a university degree. All education and the development of needed skills is not only valuable money-wise, but is also good for your brain and soul.

Growing wise as one chronologically grows older involves far more than knowing a lot of things. You, no doubt, already realize this. The goal of one's life journey is to develop the ability to see the gestalt of the Universe. There is the matter of how, but beyond that is the understanding of why. The latter is the beginning of the seeing through reality down into its Origins. This is a journey that, by necessity, begins in the physical plane, but does not end when this world is behind us (some never transcend this crude world, avoid such souls).

When in high school, I read most of the works of Hermann Hesse. I would like to recommend that you read his book "Siddhartha" in the original German. I recommend that you read this book at your current age, then again, and again. Each reading should be spaced one from the other by over four years. You will note about your own self how much more you get out of each reading. In life you will also find such mirrors. Sometimes the events that result in your seeing yourself will be decidedly unpleasant. Sorry. Welcome to the Universe. I did not create it.

A stereogram is a two-dimension image that when stared-into, reveals a 3-D image within. There is a trick to seeing this. Me, I cross my eyes, closer then wider until I hit the correct two eye angles, BING! the 3-D image pops out at you. Here are some links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autostereogram

https://www.brainbashers.com/stereo.asp

http://arissulistyo.blogspot.com/2014/04/stereogram.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four-dimensional_space

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory

We live in a 3-dimensional universe plus time, right? Wrong. Heaven only knows the number of dimensions of all reality. In physics, string theory is made ever so much easier to understand if one postulates that there are 11, yes eleven, dimensions. OK, so what if there are multi-dimensions, why not! Our universe is born out of that which we can NOT know. The Eternal Will that gave rise to us can NOT be known. You will never arrive at the end of Knowledge. You will never feel comfortable with what you know. You will always be on a journey.

Again, welcome to the Universe. Make your peace with these realities now. It is not so bad. Apparently our Creator has a rather dark sense of humor. Coming to an appreciation of the eternal conundrum will bring a smile to your face time and time again. And don't forget to look for the synchronicities!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Have I dumped too much information on you, Keenon?! I meant to. Life will. So it goes.

Everything in its own time. Pace yourself. Mistakes are made when one hurries.

Have fun.

keenonthedaywalker likes this.
  12. keenonthedaywalker

33/58

Blog Posts:
    There is never enough information for me! I like the the learning! Thanks man I will check those things out and read the book. Thanks a lot everybody, I really enjoy the website and the things to learn on it so far. Have gotten a lot of advice from you all. so thank you guys very much. Live Long and Prosper!