New Member Hi There, First Post On The Forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by dero56, Jun 30, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. dero56

dero56 New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Hi Everyone,

First post here and just wanted to do a quick introduction, was really into survival before 2012 because I wanted to be prepared incase something actually happened but thankfully nothing did but it was fun to get into the whole concept.

What really sparked my interest were the survival tools and food that were available on the market and how much they've advanced compared to what I was expecting. Tried out some of the survival food that was basically dehydrated meals that you just added water to and purchased quick a few tools and a lot of 5 or 10 in 1 tools which were cool to have. Really liked some the knifes I picked up, had one that I ended up losing which had a rope cutter, glass breaker and bottle opener built into it.

Hoping to check out how the survival world has changed compared to pre 2012.

Teddy likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day dero & welcome to this forum. Do yourself a favour, don't bother with the special packaged survival foods or the survival gadgets if you are serious about survival. They are a waste of money & not what you need.
    Keith.

lonewolf likes this.
  3. Okaviator

Okaviator Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I have to say I agree with this. However, I learned from trial and error $5,000 poorer :(

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Well you are all the wiser now Okaviator, & this time around it won't be so expensive.
    Keith.

5. m33kuh

m33kuh Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    Welcome Dero and we hope you enjoy your stay here!
    This is a great survival forum and we need all the help we can get specially when there'll be a zombie apocalypse! :D

6. StolenKid

StolenKid New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello there, I'm new aswell. I'm from Venezuela and have been exploring my country (soon the world) since last 3 years, best decision in my life, I hope you find what your'e looking for in this forum, whether it's advices and guides to the outdoor living, hope you have a great time in here.

7. Ulrich Schliz

Ulrich Schliz Member
      16/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello everybody,
    I am from Germany, but have more than tree decades living in Nicaraua.I belong here to the Scouts of Nicaragua. Survival has for me the aspect of personal growth, and practical preparednes seeing the world today how it is. I hope to learn here something. I am interestesd in botanic knowledege of medical and eatable plants. Also I need to know more about qualties of trees. Here in the tropics the wood is not very apropriate to be lit. If somebody wants to know about cordage knods, field construction, optic-acustic communivtion, so I think I can apport something.

8. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to you Dero I'm happy to see new faces joining us. Welcome Ulrich, I'm sure your knowledge will be well received.

9. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    Welcome!

10. Shane Montana

Shane Montana New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello, and thank you for the warm welcome. I'm here to try to expand my knowledge of survival skills and survival related gear and equipment, and hopefully, share some of my knowledge with other members. I am a hunting and fishing outfitter in Montana (25yrs). My line of work and all my hobbies and activities put me in survival situations on nearly a daily basis, though I had never considered myself to be a survivalist per say, let alone a prepper. I do have knowledge and experience with most types of outdoor survival related gear, which prompted me to build an online store selling survival gear. That's when I realized there are lots of gear types and brands of items I am unfamiliar with or never even heard of. So I have been reading blogs and forums to better my survival skills, and hopefully, get an idea what types and brands of gear other survivors are using. It is my hope to learn from the members here and hopefully contribute a bit as well. Thanks again

koolhandlinc likes this.
  11. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts:
    Hi everyone

Keith H. likes this.
  12. koolhandlinc

koolhandlinc Expert Member
      245/345

Blog Posts:
    Lincoln, Montana is like way up north to me! any camp areas around there? Water falls?

13. Shane Montana

Shane Montana New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi Koolhandlinc - ya, can pretty much camp anywhere you like, and there are established campsites as well that are maintained by fish and game or forest service. Yes, two fairly big falls within a few miles of here. One up Copper Creek near Lincoln, one near Ovando on the North Fork of the Blackfoot River. Both are tributaries of the Big Blackfoot River - as in "A River Runs Thru It". Awesome mountain country.