New Member Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Ann, Mar 25, 2018.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Ann

Ann New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi
    Thanks for welcoming me to this forum. I'm from northern Natal RSA. And as I'm sure most of you have seen on social media (not much in the news) SA is about to face its own SHTF situation. I'm trying to do what ever I can to keep my family safe and to survive what ever we have to face in the future. And I welcome all the advice you can give me.

Keith H. likes this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Hi Ann, & welcome to this forum. If you don't mind my asking, I am in Australia & I have not heard any news re problems in Natal RSA. What is happening there?
    Regards, Keith.

3. Ann

Ann New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi Keith
    There is allot of political unrest in the country, certain parties openly threatening to kill all white farmers. But all race groups are at risk. In the last week a farmer in Dannhauser had a group of 300 strong led by the deputy mayor of the town, storm his property and chase the family off their property, they stole livestock and started setting up squatter housing. The farmer contacted the local police and two officers where sent out. They merely stood by and watched. Eventually the farmer got some help from the stock theft unit. Who arrested some of the hoard and retrieved some of the live stock. The family has moved back but by the next day the arrested people where already released with out being charged and where openly threatening the family. Saying they where coming back for the land and the farmers life. That's one of the incidences that's been happening. The genocide on farmers in SA is very real.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Very sorry to hear that, on the other hand I can see & understand both sides. The Indigenous Australians are treated very badly by our corrupt to the core government, ignoring native land titles.
    What sort of position are you in Ann, any direct danger?
    Keith.

5. Ann

Ann New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    I know exactly what you mean about rectifying wrongs of the past and it was happening, but not now, now every one is going to loose except the corrupt fat cats.
    If things got very racially violent then we are in a lot of danger. We live in a small rural town surrounded by massive townships and informal settlements. Our biggest worry is a breakdown of infrastructure and services. Due to mismanagement and straight up theft most of the smaller towns municipalities are going bankrupt. There is no money for electricity and we can go weeks without rubbish being removed as there is no money to fuel up the garbage trucks. So right now we are stocking up with food and water. Our water is gas heated and we are working on going over to solar power. But that's still so expensive in this country.
    Growing veggies and I would love to get some chickens or ducks. Although geese would probably add a security element to the yard.

Keith H. likes this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome. I am so sorry to hear about your struggles. I fear that what you are seeing is spreading and may be worldwide in a few more decades. People seem to be going insane everywhere these days.

The one thing that I might suggest would be to plant some things around your place that are root crops and not something that people there would be familiar with. I offer this because if food gets short, defending your garden from thieves could be hard to do. I know that here very few people know what potato, sweet potato and peanut plants look like as they have only seen the picked produce. Planted in an area where you also plant flowers they may go unfound.

If you have not already done so you might think about some sort of hiding hole. In this you can place some food and maybe a few needed things ( I don't know what is available there) and at least, even if you have to run there will be something to come back too that won't be found that might be too heavy to carry away in a rush. Keep a bag stocked and ready and have a plan for the entire family to grab a little and run. It is better to run and hide and live than die trying to defend THINGS that can be replaced.

If you can get them there guinea fowl might be a better choice than chickens or ducks. They will roost in trees and are easier to protect from predatory animals because of this and if you have a flock of guineas you will never have to worry about anyone sneaking up on you. They are loud and very watchful even though they are dumb as a rock. Their eggs are good and their meat is good much like chickens.

I hope some of this will be of use to you.

Keith H. likes this.
  7. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sorry to hear about your situation, not good. If you have not got the cash to purchase solar for electricity, start small with a car battery & one solar panel & work your way up. Solar hot water not so hard, then again you could heat water on a wood fire. We lived for over 20 years without electricity & did all our washing & cooking over an open fire.
    Anyway, take care & if we can help with information, let us know.
    Keith

8. Ann

Ann New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hey,
    You have given me some really great ideas. We are planning to plant our veggies and herbs between our other garden plants. As it does hide them from thieving and you can companion plant better. But I never even thought of peanuts!
    As for guinea fowl that's brilliant they are easy enough to come by and more hardy and resistant to illnesses. And my spaniel and golden retriever will be less likely to eat them. I was thinking of geese but my neighbours would not be impressed with the noise. A guinea is a little less offensive noise wise.
    I'm loving this forum. I've picked up so many ideas already.

Keith H. likes this.
  9. Ann

Ann New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi Keith
    We will have to start small with the solar power. As long as we can get our fridge and freezer on an alternative power source then we can make do. Cooking on a wood fire is a south Africans favourite way to cook so that part will be easy.
    There is still so much I have to learn. I will definitely be asking loads of questions.

Keith H. likes this.
  10. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good post mate, good advice. Well done.
    Keith.

11. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    She is facing something that we are mostly dealing with as a possible future thing. While we might not know her exact circumstance we have nonetheless spent a lot of time thinking about these sorts of problems. As a survival community any assistance that we can offer to her and others in bad situations is what we are here for. There is a wealth of information here and I still go wandering through the old posts and find a lot of worth that I have never thought of in that particular way. As survivalists we SHOULD be the ultimate think outside of the box sort of people. Most of us for various reasons have never fit in the box our cultures wanted us to sit in anyway.

Ann and Keith H. like this.
  12. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    For a while now, I've been looking into U.S. efforts to help whites trapped in S.Africa. I have not been particularly successful at all. The media in the U.S. being controlled by far-Left / communist internationalists, such relief programs will be suppressed and not allowed to publish the means by which we Americans can contribute.

http://www.newsweek.com/thousands-s...llow-white-people-south-africa-migrate-826126

Here is an example of communist media propaganda:
    http://theconversation.com/peter-du...is-a-throwback-to-a-long-racist-history-93476

Australia is trying
    https://www.theguardian.com/austral...all-for-visas-for-white-south-african-farmers

Here is one relief agency, the SAFRPSA:
    http://www.safrpsa.org/our-mission.html
    http://www.safrpsa.org/

Another
    https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/tag/south-africa/

"... the white South Africans who are being persecuted by racist black South Africans should apply to the UN and Church World Service to get to the US as refugees. Head on over to that UN/Church World Service office in Johannesburg and (try to) get on the list!"

Crowdfunding
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sarah-taylor-195

Keith H. likes this.
  13. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Quite true & I totally agree.
    Keith.

14. Keith H.

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Both Dutton & Abbott are total mongrels, they will not be doing this for whites in South Africa, they are only in it for themselves. Dutton has broken up families, refused medical attention & deported children born in Australia to refugees . Abbott is racist & like the rest of the government doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. I hope it helps whites in South Africa, but I would not trust our government as far as I could spit a rat. Our government & the US are supporting genocide in West Papua by the Indonesian government. That tells you just what these two governments are really like!!!
    Keith.

15. Ann

Ann New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the links I'm going to share it with the other members of our support group. The best place to find real information is on social media. There is a complete blackout on mainstream press reporting anything about what is happening. So our only way of getting the news out is to share it on social media and hope it reaches enough of the international community.
    I don't know how many farmers would pack up and leave. Many of our farmers work very closely with their workers, contrary to what the politicians say, it is the norm for farmers to pay the school fees for their workers kids to supply the majority of their food and genl meds. They help them build their homes on the farms. The farmers need the workers as much as the workers need the farmers. As such they become sort of family. What will happen to these black families if all the farmers leave? The land won't go to the workers, the politicians will seize it. And these people will starve. Sa farmers are also notoriously stubborn. It was only after the third violent farm attack that my aunt eventually moved off her farm and moved into town.
    Afriforum has finally managed to present the facts of what is happening to the U.N. which is a step in the right direction.
    I love my country and all its people and if I can i will stay. 23 years ago we made a wonderful change. And the people's mindset changed and we started building as a nation together. But in the last 7-10 years greed has taken over. The race hatred is only a way to manipulate people and to have a convenient shape goat.

There are areas in the country that are very sparsely inhibited that we can retreat to should TSHF and there is an organisation that is making plans to deal with the situation should it happen. Cus there will be thousand of unprepared people.
    So my only option is to prep as best I can. And for the rest we pray.

16. Ann

Ann New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, I will definitely be asking loads of advice from all of you.

17. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good info! See, we in America do not get to read this sort of information. This was likely reported, however the far-left media buries anything that against party line or against their fellow travelers.

Again, thanx much.

18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    travelers???

19. AntonyRaison

AntonyRaison Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    A lot of these things are happening all over our country... the one looming thing is the land expropriation wich a certain select people have misinterpreted that to Take and steal land by force. So That's the one thing.
    The other things are Terrible service delivery, it happens all over Southern Africa, not Only Natal but the entire place has poor service delivery, from power issues, to water issues, and well the one effects the other as the power can go out in places for days even up to a week, some places even longer, water pumps stop working, cell towers die, etc.. Poor road maintenance.. and crime... farm murders, home invasions, car jackings armed robberies..

I know some people Have Water Reservoirs that collect rain water and have adjusted pluming in houses to recycle grey water into another Reservoir and such, a lot of people have started some small veggie patches where ever they can.
    Many have opted to go solar electricity and go off grid using inverters and Batteries and such.
    Its fastly becoming a way of life for many here.. I have had instances In Johannesburg with out water and electricity for up 2 weeks depending.. it can get really bad in winter when the usage gets higher.

20. AntonyRaison

48/58

Blog Posts:
    No it happens so often here even local news does not really punt all of the happenings...

PriscillaKing likes this.
  21. AntonyRaison

48/58

Blog Posts:
    For the now, It's still ok in some areas to Travel and tourism still a big thing here.. just certain areas that one should avoid, and one needs to be quiet careful and observant. Still a stunning place and loads of nice places well geared and cater well for tourists.

22. AntonyRaison

48/58

Blog Posts:
    You very right about that, South Africans Are very stubborn to leave, especially farmers....
    I really dont know what to say.. there is so much going on in our country a lot of leftist agenda a lot of Right wing agenda..
    but yeah the fact are Farmers are getting killed, land is the big topic now, and no-one can really say what the true outcomes will be.. but its made one hella stir with some land invasions happening all over from Hermanus(western cape) to Centurion (gauteng) there are movements like Suidlanders Portraid as Some kind of Right wing extremists, how true that is I really don't actually know I am not affiliated to them at all... and then you have some fringe people under the eff that are stirring up the Leftist view with extremes also, I don't really know what to think or what will happen..
    I am very much liberal and don't really know what will happen, Just want Peace and equality for all.
    Either way as it stands it seems we are on the brink of something to go boom, just a matter of time. Hopefully can be avoided, and can all have a peaceful outcome that favors all.

23. PriscillaKing

PriscillaKing Expert Member
      133/173

Blog Posts:
    Yikes. I have seen some reports like this on Twitter but somehow didn't anticipate finding this thread here. (Typical dumb human.) A neighbor has White relatives who stayed in Kenya when SHTF there, so if you do need to come to the U.S. there'd be some awareness here of the kind of thing that can happen...I can't offer money but habitually do offer use of unused rooms in a shabby old farmhouse to anyone who really needs them. Nothing to entice anybody to stay permanently, just walls and roofs.
    Let's hope it never comes to that! I hope you, family, and farm-mates can stay where you are with your guineas, and get solar stuff working whether it's just to save money or to save someone's life.

24. PriscillaKing

133/173

Blog Posts:
    "I love not Man the less, but Nature more"--great quote!

25. PriscillaKing

133/173

Blog Posts:
    Ultimate hypocrisy for descendants of rich White land grabbers in the U.S. to bloviate about its being OK to blame or persecute descendants of similar in the R.S.A.
    I am as close as it's possible to be to being indigenous to the land where I live, a descendant of intermarriage between Cherokees seeking political alliances (and genetic diversity) with European immigrants, living near the site of the trading post at the foot of a "mountain" where full-blood Cherokees did not actually live. So far as is known, my ancestors were the first people who ever farmed the land where I live now. The idea was that these people and their descendants could find peace through intermarriage: Cherokee with Scots, English with Irish, French with German, etc. They did. We have by now become a small town full of poor-mouthing but actually prospering, legally White, alcohol-intolerant, top-heavy "brunets" with great cheekbones.
    If indigenous South Africans want to continue using the benefits they got from English, Dutch, Indian and other immigrants, which they do, let'em make peace with the said immigrants. From our history they might learn...about 200 years ago Cherokee and crossbreed people had to make a terrible decision between cultural assimilation and exile, but about 100 years ago the ones who accepted exile to the ugly Midwest were the ones sitting on the oil wells.
    Eww, foreign affairs. I don't discuss foreign affairs online. I'll stop there. But I WILL call out White Americans on shameless hypocrisy: Want to restore land to descendants of those who owned it 200 years ago? Have a nice trip back to London or Glasgow or Prague or in some cases Ghana, youall will never be missed here, and good luck convincing the descendants of the relatives who booted your direct ancestors out of the family hovel in the first place to take you back now! Plenty of Americans of all colors are willing to continue living here in peace.

26. AntonyRaison

48/58

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, but I really dont know if things will get bad, maybe they will maybe they wont.
    I like to believe in the common good of all people and a common goal.. So yeah hopefully Things will be peaceful.

27. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I guess we would all like to think that most people are basically good but as we have found out recently in the UK that is not always the case, I myself trust no one, I have had a life times experience of other people and a lot of it not good, in a SHTF situation this will escalate as people scrape around for the necessities of life.

28. Jim B

Jim B Member
      21/29

Blog Posts:
    Hi Ann, First I would like to just say that your current situation in SA is in the least concerning to this group and myself. I am glad to say that there are good people in the world that do care about others. I think you are seeing some right here in this forum. The best thing I can give you is a prayer and maybe to remind you of what this forum preaches. Be as aware of the situation at hand as possible. Watch for warning signs of changes that can effect you. Have a plan and be prepared to act quickly. Now, I won't lie and say I can tell you how to do this, for I am somewhat new to this way of life myself.
    But..., If you can get anything from this group of survivalists, it's only to your advantage. There are some very intelligent people here and I believe they are all caring and willing to share their knowledge to help those in need. I know it may seem like little advise but have faith and use the tools to your disposal.

Jim, :)