New Member Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by july, Apr 7, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. july

july Expert Member
      158/173

Blog Posts:
    Hi i'm super new to this site and i want to post a thread on how to make rutf (ready to use therapeutic food) during/after a long-term disaster but there's no tutorial on it.

I contacted the higher ups and no response

Can anyone on this site help me?

2. Sonofliberty

Sonofliberty Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the site from Central Florida.

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  3. lalakai

lalakai Well-Known Member
      97/115

Blog Posts:
    Hi and welcome to the site, always nice to see new folks....especially ones asking questions lol.

Might help if you give us a bit more description on your idea of therapeutic foods.....are you talking literal therapeutic foods such as homeopathic based treatments, or foods that help the "heart and soul"? There are many herbs and plant based treatments that can help with treatments of mild headaches, low grade infections/sores, and you can find those in most herbal based remedies. Most of these herbs have a decent shelf life and can be kept for several months without loosing their potency.

Essential oils are told to have the same and greater impacts but my knowledge there is very limited so my only recommendation is more research. People I know who are into the essential oils swear by them and develop their own ready to use oil/cream mixtures that if stored properly have a long shelf life. In a SHTF situation, the availability of those oils will rapidly disappear, so take that into consideration.

Many people consider therapeutic foods to be foods that help lift the spirits and improve your mood....critical in SHTF situations. Those foods are usually your favorite special snacks that tie into special memories.....and their shelf life isn't the best. Cookies, snacks, specific foods....not conducive to unrefrigerated storage. If you wanted to go that route, you might consider storing the ingredients instead.

Hope this helped

TMT Tactical and Sourdough like this.
  4. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

6. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Good day july & welcome to this forum. Perhaps the best pace for you to start this thread would be in
    Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses
    Unless of course you think it would fit better somewhere else.
    Keith.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to here! I am looking forward to your posts about 'ready-to-use therapeutic food' because I have not heard of this before.

I am not sure if this is what you are wanting to know, but...

To post a brand new thread, go to the section of your choice, look at the top right side of the page and look for a button that says "Post New Thread." When you click on that button, it will open another page where you can create a new thread. (It is done the same way you did this intro thread.)

If you want to reply to an existing thread, you can enter your comment in the blank box at the bottom of the page that the thread is on. If you want to reply to a particular post, click on the "reply" option listed at the bottom right side of their post. That will open a reply box with that member's comment quoted in the box.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. CountryGuy

CountryGuy Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    Am I sensing a sales pitch in the works...

Was curious so I Googled RUTF... found this link but looks like it's just peanut butter with milk fats, sugar and vitamins added and mixed in with a 2yr shelf life. It's used to feed malnourished kids from 6mo to 6yrs old. Each gets a case of 150 which is to be enough to feed them 3 times a day for 6 weeks.

https://activeforgood.com/story/rutf/

TMT Tactical likes this.