Hickory Smoked Ham

Discussion in 'Essential Items' started by EarlyMarksman, Apr 2, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. EarlyMarksman

EarlyMarksman Master Survivalist
      262/345

Blog Posts:
    5555b4c2b389cd27a60cf8b53ae35c7f.jpeg

Found these at the dollar store today. They were $3.50 a piece and last five years. 8g of protein and can be eaten right out of the can. Eight servings per can. Will be adding a lot of these to my prep food.

Morgan101, Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    What's the country of origin?

Caribou likes this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    Apparently it's a product of USA, according to the info on Amazon. A shame, I wouldn't mind some for my pantry over here.

Caribou likes this.
  4. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I've got Dak hams in my pantry. My main reason is to have something to throw into a large pot of beans for flavour. Don't believe the expiration dates. I've had home canned salmon last 20 years. It would have lasted longer but I stumbled across it and ate it. If the can is good, not rusted or bulged, you should be fine.

5. Blitz

Blitz Master Survivalist
      412/460

Blog Posts:
    My husband had Army ration packs from the '70's. Nothing wrong with them whatsoever, even to this day.

6. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    I agree with Caribou. Canned Ham is an excellent thing to keep in your larder. They would probably last far beyond the five year expiration date. As long as the can isn't rusted, dented, bloated, or damaged it would probably be safe for very long time.

EarlyMarksman and Blitz like this.