High School Students Get Disaster Training

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Dec 11, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical and Morgan101 like this.
  2. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Certainly a step in the right direction.

3. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Why not giving the role to Scout or other org such as Youth Red Cross (if there is any)? :confused:

From organizational perspective, how does the US Scout or other org relate to educational institution? :confused: Where I come org such as Scout and Youth Red Cross operate as tenant unit in a public educational institution.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    how long will they retain the information? probably until they get the first well paid job then they all turn into sheeple. sorry.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Varuna,

Much of this really involves labor economics and labor politics.

The Scouts and Red Cross volunteers are free labor. Cities want people on their payrolls. It's called "patronage".

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Lone Wolf,

If only 1 -2% get decent familiarization, it's a well-worth improvement.

The good jobs environment will be fading away. It's going on right now.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. varuna

varuna Tree killer & a cat person
      380/460

Blog Posts:
    Knowledge & experience aren't perishable. I still retain whatever knowledge and training I've got since the first time they put me trough SE&E training back in high-school. However how good I'am at doing it is another matter. Due to the lack of practice and ailing health condition I'm no longer as physically fit as I'm use to be, however the instinctive trait, and mind set are still there and not perishable.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. F22 Simpilot

F22 Simpilot Master Survivalist
      407/460

Blog Posts:
    CPR should be a mandatory requirement for students to graduate Jr High school if you ask me. Not high school, Jr. high school.

Between me once being a firefighter explorer and watching some informative CPR training videos on YouTube, I pretty much knew how to do CPR. Then in November of last year my dad dropped. My mom thought he was choking and I was trying to do the Hymic maneuver on him. Well, that wasn't. So dispatch told me to lie him down and start compressions. I pulled him out of the desk chair like a sack of potatoes and started hands only chest compressions. Finally, what seemed like an eternally the EMTs and firefighters showed up. They had to zap him three damn times. We went to the hospital and I went straight to the chapel and prayed. The man survived the widow maker! By all means he shouldn't even be here. He likes to play the lotto all the time and I told him he won the lotto of life. Boy did he ever.

Learn CPR and learn the Hymic maneuver. I can't stress how important it is. One day sooner or latter you may be faced with it I can almost guarantee you. You might be at a restaurant where someone is chocking. Well, there you go. I wouldn't worry about legal crap either. It's one thing where you decide if you will shoot a Perp who's robbing a convenience store, but quite another IMO to use CPR or the Hymic maneuver. That's why law makers went out of their way to create the Good Samaritan law. The title is taken from the Bible. Parable of the good Samaritan. Definitely read it. Very interesting and applies today. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10:25-37&version=NIV

Don't mean to be a religious nut, I'm not, but it really is the truth.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. Pragmatist

485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good afternoon F22,

Most definitely someone starting out should load up on the courses eg CPR.

The "legal crap" surely is so - but it's still present.

There is a cost to using the Good Samaritan law.

I took the Virginia "Narcan" overdose rescue course. I got the kit but declined to sign to receive the pharma pill for someone OD ing. Was aware of the liability. This is a major part of our national environment nowadays.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    "I would convince that marriage is old-fashioned. That swinging is more fun."

Being a computer nerd, I have seen wordlists for the most commonly used passwords people use. One of these lists was from Ashley Madison. The swinging hook up website. Take a wild guess as to how many accounts some hacker ripped off from that site? 1,000? 4,000? 10.000? Nope. Try 11 million. That's how many disgusting people there are. Not including a massive website I came across on the darket for pedophiles. I think that website had at least 250 thousand members. I have reported it to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children four times and last I saw it was still there. I don't dare report it to the FBI because they want your name and everything, and well, no good deed goes unpunished.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  12. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I honestly think in some way God is sitting there throwing back shots of Jack with his hand near the big ol' fat red reset button. But says to himself, "not this time, not this time." And wipes away a tear.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. F22 Simpilot

407/460

Blog Posts:
    On the subject of the Boy Scouts. The spy who started it is rolling in is coffin right now...

TMT Tactical likes this.