New Member Hiya From The Coast

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Pistachio the Wanderer, Sep 1, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pistachio the Wanderer

Pistachio the Wanderer Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    Hiya, been involved in some form of prepping all my life. I know a little and hope to learn a lot. Thanks for having me.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome........what country.......which coast.....???

Muzakkir arif and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Muzakkir arif and TMT Tactical like this.
  4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Why've you been preppin', man? What interests you in particular?

Are you rural, suburban, urban, hermit/monk in the wilds? The folk here run the gamut, but urban not-so-much. I guess we have people who have lived in cities, but have gotten out'a there.

Do you have an oppressive national or state government? Some folk here live under unfriendly governments, thus must work-around gov. restrictions on accessibility of survival means.

I'm a nosy old guy, but questions and info from you will help us out. If you live in a unique place or have had a bunch of experiences, then we sure do want to hear them. I sure do.

Our archives are full of information. I've benefited from reading/studying older posts. I've saved data from this site into my prepper files. This is why I bring up the topic of archives.

I've found that if I ask a question here on this site, there's almost always somebody who has been-there / done-that. Their responses add to everyone else's knowledge-base.

Welcome, howdy! and all that. Do share info you have learned over the years. We are living in crazy days, therefore knowledge is a treasure.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    Good morning Pistachio the Wanderer,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you write up some specifics eg what type of preparedness you're working on, it will help.

Am curious, without intruding on your privacy, your areas of wandering.

Transmitting from the Chesapeake Bay area of Virginia

TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona folks. USA

7. Pistachio the Wanderer

13/29

Blog Posts:
    Hey everyone I am in the US on the east coast. Our government has gone to crap both state and local, but its the US so maybe not too oppressive yet. I'm 3rd generation so my prepping started when I was a kid from my parents and grandma. I'm an Eagle Scout and have some survival training I received from the government. Worked for the power company when I was younger, which taught me alot about emergency preparedness and disaster response. My eventual goal is to be self sufficient, but I recognize the need for some sort of community. Im in an urban setting at st this time try to identify and recognize common threats to my area, but also places to find supplies should conventional methods be extinguished.
    Also nice to meet you all.

Dalewick, Sourdough and TMT Tactical like this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Is there civil unrest currently going on in your urban setting? If not, do you anticipate violence occurring? Are you coming up with bug-out plans in anticipation of unrest, shutdowns of urban power grids, economic collapse?
      I just machine-gunned you with a barrage of questions, sorry. Just thinking about some issues of concern in the urban arena. For instance, you may have family living in a safer area and thus could be making plans on how to get to your family when society begins to unravel in all cities.

Old Geezer, Sep 2, 2020
      wally and Pistachio the Wanderer like this.
  8. wally

wally Master Survivalist
      280/345

Blog Posts:
    welcome to the forum...

9. Alaskajohn

Alaskajohn Master Survivalist
      415/460

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Alaska! I am looking forward to your posts. You are in a highly charged area of the country. Avoid the crowds.

10. Morgan101

Morgan101 Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us.

11. Dalewick

Dalewick Legendary Survivalist
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to the forum from West Virginia.

Dale

12. Pistachio the Wanderer

13/29

Blog Posts:
    Thank you all for the warm welcomes and hello to each of you. I'm excited to get to know each of you and learn.

To answer your questions Old Geezer. We did have some unrest here early on, but it seems that the local government was able to establish some sort of stronghold to keep them out. I've heard rumors that BLM was banned in one of the surrounding cities. That beijg said most of any unrest has been focused in our state's capital. Of course that doesn't negative the normal everyday violence that see.

I'd like to think I've made appropriate plans to get from this area should the need arise. Problem is people are gonna be funneled in their travels and with the amount of military we have here we may be ground zero anyways. That being said it's been my experience that there are alot of people with alot of cool gadgets that are gonna get themselves killed in a shtf situation. I guess it'll be about timing and what the situation is. I don't think at this point I'll be able to leave the city, I'm just hoping my friends and family out in the country value what I've done and what I can enough to open the gate should I come a running. Lol.

I do think we'll see it again here or atleadt tried, only because I ve I ue

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. Pistachio the Wanderer

13/29

Blog Posts:
    Don't know what happened there lol. But I do believe everyone is gonna experience some form of it. To what degree or for how long I don't know, but I just feel it. I looks like it may get interesting soon

TMT Tactical likes this.
  14. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Howdy from East Texas. Like you, I am to a certain extent a second-generation survivalist/prepper. My Dad was big on being prepared for hard times or disasters. Plan ahead so that when something happens you can act instead of reacting.

15. Pistachio the Wanderer

13/29

Blog Posts:
    Exactly and nice to meet you

TMT Tactical likes this.
  16. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    welcome from across the pond (England).

17. Pistachio the Wanderer