Home Defence With A Semiauto Airgun? Country With No Fire Arms Allowed

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by Svremeto, Jun 13, 2019.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Svremeto

Svremeto New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Hello, folks!

I live in Bulgaria. A country in easter Europe with a lot of corruption, a country of criminaks. I was brought here by sorrow. I live in a relatively dangerous place where is almost illegal to defend your self or your home. Its extremely hard for most people to get a fire arm for self defence so i've started to think about home defence with an airgun. I found there is a relativly cheap semi automatic airgun called Hatsan Sortie. It has approximately 20-22 jaules of energy and muzzle velosity of 700 fps. I.'ve found also that if i get .22 slugs which are twice heavier than the regilular pellets the stoping power will increase and i suppose they will be enough accurate for 15-20 yards. If i put a red dot and with its big magazin (12 shots) i suppose its enough to defend my home (me or my wife) from 2-3 attackers.

What dou you think about it?

Caribou, TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to this forum Svremeto. If you can legally do that Svremeto, then you have more rights than we do in Australia!!! I think it is a great idea, anything is better than nothing.
    Keith.

Caribou and TMT Tactical like this.
  3. Svremeto

Svremeto New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    Thank you very much for your greetings! Actually I own SLR (Bulgarian ak47) but i will use it if SHTF. If four intruders attack me in home with an axes, bats and knives (like usually hapoens) and I shoot them with my AK47 then i will go to jail because i "exceed the thread"... Country of criminals as i said...

TMT Tactical and Keith H. like this.
  4. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    In Australia the AK47 is banned, & it is illegal to keep any firearm for self defence or fore the defence of your family. Even if we have a firearm for hunting, we are still not allowed to use it for defence. Not even an air rifle.
    Keith.

Possessing any object specifically for the purpose of self-defence, lethal or non-lethal, is a criminal offence in Australia!!! There are many women, raped and/or murdered, who Possessing any object specifically for the purpose of self-defence, lethal or non-lethal, would have been liable to prosecution had they been carrying anything that might have saved them.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...n/news-story/f743f8b76f21a586a6efb2396c9b2f8d

TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

You do what ever you can to defend you and your family. The modern air rifles and pistols are no longer toys. Get the best you can, that will do the jobs.

6. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    http://wredlich.com/ny/2013/01/projectiles-muzzle-energy-stopping-power/

You might be better served by keeping a baseball bat handy.

7. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Then the Australian government is a co-conspirator in rape and murder.

The Australian government is an invalid government and should be overthrown.

The NAZI regime used such laws to make possible the Holocaust.

Australian citizens must either rise up against their government or leave.

Canada would make for a valid destination. Canada seems to be friends with China, however I do not believe the Chinese communist government could pull-off an invasion of Canada. The Australian military has no nuclear weapons and in a push-come-to-shove situation, I do not believe that the USA would do what is needed to do to stop an aggressor from invading Australia. Weak, inferior Americans would oppose such a war and on the other side of the political divide, military hawks would say, "Australia did not take steps to defend itself, therefore let them be crushed."

I can only pray that the major cities of Australia will be destroyed and that the mature / self-reliant people of Australia will build back a stronger nation that shows humility before God.

There is far too little genetic diversity among the billion and a half people who live in China. One virus that is both very contagious and very lethal (after a time delay period of incubation) could wipe-out China.

watcherchris and TMT Tactical like this.
  8. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  9. GrizzlyetteAdams

GrizzlyetteAdams Crap Creek Survivor
      390/460

Blog Posts:
    Also, look into creative ways to hide or escape.

A few years ago, I read a news story of how a young girl who hid from a gang of home invaders by hiding in a pile of laundry and sheets on the bed!

She had just come home from school and her parents were not yet home from work when she heard the intruders breaking into the house. Her fast thinking saved her life. The same gang broke into other homes...committing robbery and murder as they went.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  10. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I think that I would rather have an improvised weapon that has some serious power over a pellet rifle which may mostly just make them MAD. Take a circular saw blade and saw a slot in a club. Insert the saw blade in the slot and drill a hole that lets you run a bolt through the blade firmly fixing it in place. Another plan is a double bit ax, a hoe, a spear or even a pointy stick. most thugs don't want to get hurt and if you prove to be a lion instead of a lamb they will go find easier prey.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Gamo, Ten shot 22 caliber pellet rifle , pushing 975 fps, does not just make them mad. Plus it helps maintain distance. It also does not show a pre-emptive desire to injure, as the saw blade in club would show. Sucks to live in a country / state that favors the criminals over the honest citizen.

Svremeto and Caribou like this.
  12. Caribou

Caribou Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    There are more powerful airguns than the .22. Gamo makes good airguns as does Hatsan. The faster the muzzle velocity the more power you will have. Get one or two extra magazines. You are looking at it correctly when you consider heavier pellets.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  13. TMT Tactical

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I was trying to avoid compressed gas / air powered rifles. As a prepping item, no electricity, no compressed gas. Some of the current air rifles are super weapons. The calibers are getting firearm sized and just about as potent.

Caribou likes this.
  14. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    for post SHTF "break barrel" AKA spring powered air rifles are the only way to go, you can cock and fire all day without any loss in power or performance.

TMT Tactical and Brownbear like this.
  15. Snyper

Snyper Master Survivalist
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    You will only get those high velocities with the lightest pellets, sacrificing penetration.

It can't be left loaded with a CO2 cartridge in place or it will leak.

https://www.pyramydair.com/product-all-reviews/m/Gamo_Extreme_CO2/1760

16. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I like the old pump up the style in 177 too because mine also shoots BBs and is plenty strong enough to take birds and squirrels and such. I have both though.

I have a spring piston break barrel that goes over 1100fps and I know that it will do killing level damage if the shot is well placed but MAN, I would hate to bet my life on that. I sent a man to prison for life one time that shot a man across the width of a car three times. It was a little 25 caliber gun and it was winter. None of the bullets did much more than browse and poke little holes and then fell out. He had on a coat and a long sleeve shirt for body armor. I know that a 25 can kill BUT...

I generally have found that if you can convince attackers that you intend to do serious and grave damage to at least one of them that since nobody wants to be that one they will back off. I've done this twice. I'm not sure about the intimidation factor of a pellet rifle. They have to BELIEVE that they are in danger for it to work. You definitely do not want to bring a pellet gun to a real gunfight.

I thank God every day that I was born a Texan and KNOW that I will live and die a free man with full rights to defend myself and my loved ones.