Home Made Pepper Spray

Discussion in 'Guns, Knives, Tools, Etc.' started by joshposh, Jun 12, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    I did see a couple on Dooms Day Preppers TV show and they made their own pepper spray and used the hottest peppers on the planet for their spray. Just by walking in the room while making it, it would burn their eyes. So this is something anyone can make and use in a survival situation.

2. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    This is interesting to me. I wouldn't mind having my own homemade pepper spray on hand. I might have to give this a go, so long as everything is legal. My school allows us to carry wasp spray, but will not allow us to have pepper spray on hand. I'm assuming that if it's home made, it shouldn't be an issue. Something as simple as pepper spray could save your life. There are so many terrible people in this world, just waiting to harm someone when they least expect it. I keep telling myself that pepper spray is a good idea, but I've yet to buy it. I might have to make it on my own, since I enjoy DIY projects. It's an excuse to finally have some on hand. :)

3. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I think it makes sense to make pepper spray or at least know how to in case the pepper spray bottle that you buy at a store runs out. I have a pepper spray bottle but it is very small and will run out soon...

4. Valerie

Valerie Active Member
      43/47

Blog Posts:
    Whoa, this is awesome! I've been wondering how to make something like that in the event of someone trying to overpower me. It would be a good thing to have to something similar to a smoke bomb. I am totally saving this and studying it intensely later on.

5. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    prepper spray is illegal in the UK.

6. jonthai

jonthai New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    That pepper spray is for self-defense right? I don't see any other use other than that. I don't think It's a must, but It's really useful if you live in an area where allot of people could become savage when a disaster strikes in.Anyways, that's really awesome, and it will help many people, even if not in a disaster situation.

7. joshposh

joshposh Master Survivalist
      260/345

Blog Posts:
    Of course for self defense. This could work on wild animals and marauders. Defense is key in survival. Regardless if there is imminent dangers or not, it is prepping.

8. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Expert Member
      153/173

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I think pepper sprays are pretty great defense close quarters, especially if you have no skill in self defense whatsoever. But I think the only danger you can evade through that weapon is your basic mugger, and it wouldn't help against someone with a gun. Also, not everyone has pepper shakers, sauces, or whatever, at home, so your options would be severely limited if you somehow ended up in someone else's home, and needing something to defend yourself against a relentless attacker. That being said, it's a good backup, but definitely not as a main weapon.