Homemade Hand Sanitizer

Discussion in 'Herbalism - Medicinal, Practical, and other Uses' started by Justin Baker, Feb 15, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    Sometimes, a prepper’s armaments are small and effective. This recipe makes 9 ounces.

INGREDIENTS:
    • 7 Drops Lavender Essential Oil

• 30 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil

• 1 Tablespoon High Proof Vodka OR Witch Hazel Extract

• 8 Ounces Aloe Vera Gel (Use 100% Pure)

• ¼ Teaspoon Vitamin E Oil

• Cobalt Blue Squirt Bottles

DIRECTIONS:
    • Drop Essential Oils and Vitamin E Oil into a glass bowl and use a chop stick or butter knife to swirl gently to mix.

• Add the Vodka or Witch Hazel Extract to the Oil mix and swirl gently again.

• Combine this mixture with the Aloe Vera Gel and mix well.

• Transfer the sanitizer to the small squirt bottles.

• Shake well before use.
    FACTS:
    • Lavender Essential Oil is antifungal, antimicrobial, and antibacterial.

• Tea Tree Essential Oil is antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-viral.

• Aloe Vera Gel is an anti-inflammatory and soothes the skin.

• Vitamin E Oil blocks free radicals to help preserve the sanitizer and is a skin softener.

• The reason colored squirt bottles are used is to ensure the sanitizer is not directly exposed to UV light, as this breaks down its components, rendering it less effective.

• Some skin types may be allergic to some of the ingredients. If a rash occurs, discontinue use.

All the ingredients and supplies can be found through affiliate links on my blog. I use and recommend Starwest Botanicals. Feel free to peruse my website, where I do have some other recipes, some tips on wellness in general, and from there you can also purchase herbs and equipment you may require through my affiliate links. I do earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, from those purchases.

https://joynhealth.wordpress.com/

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.
  2. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    I also sometimes add Ginger Essential Oil to this recipe as well,... 7 drops.

Rebecca and TMT Tactical like this.