Homesteaders, Catastrophists

Discussion in 'News, Current Events, and Politics' started by Pragmatist, Jan 27, 2020.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Pragmatist

Pragmatist Master Survivalist
      485/575

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  2. Sourdough

Sourdough "eleutheromaniac"
      515/575

Blog Posts:
    It was a nice article. Seemed to treat the subject fairly.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Before any dang body runs to any dang where, they'd better dang learn how to make it in their new dang territory.

upload_2020-1-27_22-8-43.png
    upload_2020-1-27_22-9-57.png
    upload_2020-1-27_22-10-33.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  4. Justin Baker

Justin Baker Expert Member
      160/173

Blog Posts:
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  5. Duncan

Duncan Master Survivalist
      315/345

Blog Posts:
    Let me tell you about Idaho, and why my colleague Mr. Pragmatist's article is completely wrong.

Idaho is one of the worst possible places in which to live:
    • Guns are forbidden in Idaho, with any weapon larger than a BB gun being declared an Assault Weapon, and ownership would incur a fine and jail term for the owner and his entire family;
    • The weather varies between 110 degrees in the summer with sandstorms and -25 degrees in the winter with raging blizzards. There are only five days of good weather per year, and during those five days, all Idaho roads are closed for repair;
    • The soil is parched and dry, and almost all food must be imported from Oregon and Washington;
    • Democrats are required to pay a $50 tax per year to live in Idaho.
    • Republicans are required to pay a $50 tax per day to live in Idaho.
    • Libertarians are not allowed to live in Idaho.
    • The State income tax is 42%, and the sales tax ranges between 23% and 27% on all purchased goods, including education.
    • Elementary-school students are required to sing the Internationale in class, preferably to pictures of Chairman Mao and Josef Stalin, which are always posted in the front of the classroom;
    • Pickup trucks and any internal-combustion engine with more than four cylinders and/or with a displacement of more than 110 cubic inches are against the law.
    Dawn and I are saving all of our retirement funds in order to pay the $5000 exit fee to leave this hell-hole. Do not even think of coming here!

Idaho is a Terrible Place! For your own sanity, stay away!

And tell all your friends!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.
  6. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I assume that this is some form of humor because as near as I can tell none of it is even close to true...

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/idaho/
    https://www.incometaxpro.net/tax-rates/idaho.htm

TMT Tactical likes this.
  7. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    You need to think long and hard before you run off to someplace that is a long way from anything that you have ever tried to do before. Moving someplace where you will be seen as "That new guy from ----" an outsider may not be the best survival choice for you. Also as good as it sounds at times, not everyone is cut out to be a settler out in the boondocks.

Unfortunately, it seems that any time people leave where they were raised and go someplace else hoping for a better life they then immediately start trying to change the place they have gone to into something very like what they were trying to get away from in the beginning. So many "foreigners" never do fit in and in bad times not being seen as belonging can be deadly.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  8. Duncan

315/345

Blog Posts:
    Whoooosh!

9. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    TD, It was humor as in ---- I love the place but don't want a bunch of outsiders (liberals) moving here.

10. Duncan

315/345

Blog Posts:
    Thank you, TMT.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  11. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    You are most welcome Duncan, I do enjoy most of your posts. I only enjoy all of MY posts. LOl

12. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I assumed that it was meant in humor but honestly I have seen things far more farfetched presented as facts online so I commented. I meant no insult.

PS: Not only have I seen things more far fetched than this posted online, but I have also seen people quote these things as fact!!! I knew a person that went to a Starbucks and burned a hundred dollars worth of gift cards because she had read some stupid thing about Starbucks doing something asinine against our American Veterans or some such crap. Some people will believe ANYTHING that they read online!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    TMT Tactical likes this.