How about a 'Bookshelf' section?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Requests' started by PracticalToby, May 24, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. PracticalToby

PracticalToby Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm thinking of somewhere people can post the titles of books they've found most useful or to which they refer most frequently. After all, we may not always have YouTube!

sunnytn likes this.
  2. Hope

Hope New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    That's a good idea I think. Maybe quote him here?

3. crmeche2

crmeche2 New Member
      8/23

Blog Posts:
    I'm always looking to learn more since I'm new to this. A reference section would be great. Having suggestions from members here would help me by cutting down on having to weed through search results. Let's face it, not everything that shows up in a search result is a gold mine.

4. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    You can now upload books or any other material to the resources section of the site. There is a link at the top of the page.

5. Deeishere

Deeishere Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    That is a good point. If everything electrical is useless, then we would need some type of manual or book. But before it happens it would be good to see videos. I am very visual. Once I can look at something and apply it, I got it!

6. tb65

tb65 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I agree books may be the way to go in the event that this happens. I think now we are living in the golden age of information. Everything we need to learn is right at our finger tips. I think people would be writing a lot of books with information that has just been gained during this time. Having a collection of these books would help in the event that there wasn't any technology available
    and you needed things to do, as well as keeping your mind stimulated.

7. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    oh, you'll have plenty to do, without technology everything will have to be done by hand, I doubt there will be enough hours in the day to do everything.

8. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Having books available that teach me how to survive in diverse situations would be very helpful.
    We do not always need technology, we need the knowledge, skills and tools!

sunnytn likes this.
  9. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Good book i found at yard sale WILDERNESS SURVIVAL HANDBOOK by ALAN FRY

sunnytn likes this.
  10. Tom Williams

Tom Williams Moderator Staff Member
      330/345

Blog Posts:
    Book and video alone in the wilderness about a man that lived in alaska on his own is great story with alot of info

11. Danny Luke

Danny Luke New Member
      3/23

Blog Posts:
    I completely agree with this suggestion. There are so many books out there about survival and it's often very difficult to separate the good ones from the bad ones. A section in this forum wherein members can vote if they found a particular book useful or otherwise would be great. Since most of us here are passionate about survival, there's a good chance that we are all reading the same books. Just think of the section as GoodReads for the forum.

12. Rere

Rere New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I'm always looking to learn more since I'm new to this. A reference section would be great. Having suggestions from members here would help me by cutting down on having to weed through search results. Let's face it, not everything that shows up in a search result is a gold mine.

13. EarlAlexander

EarlAlexander New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Wow, thanks for making this section. The interesting book I have read about survival is "my hands came away red", was an interesting book with its settings in Indonesia.

14. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    I have this great masterpiece from a renown and respected author and writer from Nigeria by the name Chinua Achebe. The title of the literature is 'the concubine'. You can google it for more details.