How Are You Planning To Handle Birth Control?

Discussion in 'Ladies Section' started by Jewelweed, Jul 12, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Jewelweed

Jewelweed Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    My current birth control is surgical sterilization so I'm personally not worried but I have a teenage daughter. The thought of her pregnant in a SHTF scenario gives me nightmares. Right now she's on depo shots and has access to condoms so she'd probably have a safe few weeks or up to a few months but what about after that?

How long are you stocked for your birth control options and what are you planning for after that time?

2. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm good in that department. I have given men up, and my life is better for it. No, I'm not lesbian, I don't have to have sex to survive. I'm surely not going to be having that on my mind when the shtf. I think birth control is not a very important issue in dire circumstances. Who wants to have a baby in the middle of a nightmare? Have you watched the Walking Dead? The best birth control is free, it's abstinence. I imagine there's gonna be some monsters out there raping women, something we need to prepare for. I would urge you to do some research on the depo shot your daughter is taking. I took that for 5 years and it really messed with me. They also give that to convicted sexual offenders to keep their libido down, but it's not good for your mental health.

3. Jewelweed

Jewelweed Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    @Tina Thompson - The depo shot does have it's downsides (everything does really, even abstinence) but it is a fairly reliable method. I took it for around 5 years before I had her and another few years after before I finally got my surgical sterilization. She was afraid of an IUD and most pills have too high of a chance of not working due to user error (not taking them at the same time or being ineffective due to other medications, like antibiotics). There's a stock pile of condoms of course, and they're important anyway for disease prevention but again, not perfect, and not likely to be used in a rape situation. I really can't imagine a situation where I would rely on abstinence as birth control long term; that's why I went the surgical route. It would be hypocritical of me to expect a teen or young adult to skip sex if the opportunity was there.

Tina Thompson likes this.
  4. Tina Thompson

Tina Thompson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    True, I'd rather have her protected, because they're gonna do what they want to do. I put my daughter on birth control too, when she was about 15. As for the depo shot, maybe it just affected me in a bad way for some reason or another. It mainly messed with my mind. I don't blame her for not wanting an IUD, I see them in somebody's arm and it really weirds me out.