How do you know if a Berry or Plant is poisonous.

Discussion in 'Finding, Identifying, and Preparing Food' started by branchd77, Jan 17, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

Tags:
  1. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm sure this may be basic information to some people. I hear lots of different responses all the time. What is everyone's take on this?

2. Porcheagle

Porcheagle Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    I would suggest getting some legit knowledge before taking advise o line in a forum

Dustin and Jason like this.
  3. Upnorth958

Upnorth958 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    There are so many books out there. I would highly suggest ordering a book that is specific to you region. There are many that have great descriptions of what is edible and what is not and includes pictures.

Jason likes this.
  4. Upnorth958

Upnorth958 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    Always have physical copies because you need to have something you can take with you. If all of your info is in digital, there's no telling if that device will work under certain circumstances

Ricky Jeringan and Jason like this.
  5. Ronald Mckeller

Ronald Mckeller Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    So there isn't a rule of thumb for this?

Jason likes this.
  6. branchd77

branchd77 Administrator Staff Member Gold Supporter
      257/345

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the info. Might want to grab a book asap and keep it just in case.

Ricky Jeringan and Jason like this.
  7. Jason

Jason Active Member
      48/93

Blog Posts:
    No there isnt, even some berries and highly poisonous.

8. Dustin

Dustin Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    A good field guide would be good to have. Eating the wrong thing in a survival situation could be very life threatening even if it just makes you sick. Vomiting diarrhea all these can lead to dehydration.jmo