How Do You Survive Gang Robbery?

Discussion in 'General Q&A' started by Joshmoy, Jul 2, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Security is a basic amenity provided to every citizen by the government, but there is a limit to that. The security personnel can not be every where at the same time.

Gang robbery tends to occur mostly in slums and during late hours where by unsuspecting citizens are robbed off their belongings either at gun point or with other dangerous weapons.

Sometimes, most people lose documents and a lot of important stuff to gang robbers who end up throwing them away.

Have you ever being in such a situation? If yes, how did you survive it. I'd love to hear from you.

2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Obviously you do not live in Australia, here security for the public appears to be less important than helping the criminals. We have self defence laws that ban us from purchasing anything for the use in self defence. No pepper spray, no tasers, no guns, no knives, nothing at all. To carry anything for self defence is illegal.
    Having said that, it would not be wise for me to state how we protect ourselves here.
    Keith.

3. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    How about Brazil? It seems you can be robbed by thugs or cops, depending on the day. They must have a schedule or something to alternate. Back to Topic when handling multiple attackers i have a few good tips.

1- Never stay in the middle. Circle your opponents. If you manage to do that their numbers will lose some effectiveness. I call this the puppy effect. Have you ever watched those dog videos where someone puts a plate of food in front of a bunch of pups and they all rush to the plate but none of them actually eats much because there is always another one in front? So don't be that plate ;) If they can't reach you they can't kill you.

2- Use your opponents against each other. Try and throw them one at the other to null their advantage.

3- Attention. As you hit and defend you will have to double or triple your own attention because you will deal with two or three times more hits of kicks. If you can do that reasonably well you should be fine.

4. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Legendary Survivalist
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Here in the United States :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Warren vs. District of Columbia (Big thanks to Wikipedia. Please donate if able.)

"The trial judges held that the police were under no specific legal duty to provide protection to the individual plaintiffs and dismissed the complaints."

"In the early morning hours of Sunday, March 16, 1975, Carolyn Warren and Joan Taliaferro, who shared a room on the third floor of their rooming house at 1112 Lamont Street Northwest in the District of Columbia, and Miriam Douglas, who shared a room on the second floor with her four-year-old daughter, were asleep. The women were awakened by the sound of the back door being broken down by two men later identified as Marvin Kent and James Morse. The men entered Douglas' second floor room, where Kent forced Douglas to perform oral sex on him and Morse raped her.

"Warren and Taliaferro heard Douglas' screams from the floor below. Warren called 9-1-1 and told the dispatcher that the house was being burglarized, and requested immediate assistance. The department employee told her to remain quiet and assured her that police assistance would be dispatched promptly.

"Warren's call was received at Metropolitan Police Department Headquarters at 0623 hours, and was recorded as a burglary-in-progress. At 0626, a call was dispatched to officers on the street as a "Code 2" assignment, although calls of a crime in progress should be given priority and designated as "Code 1." Four police cruisers responded to the broadcast; three to the Lamont Street address and one to another address to investigate a possible suspect.

"Meanwhile, Warren and Taliaferro crawled from their window onto an adjoining roof and waited for the police to arrive. While there, they observed one policeman drive through the alley behind their house and proceed to the front of the residence without stopping, leaning out the window, or getting out of the car to check the back entrance of the house. A second officer apparently knocked on the door in front of the residence, but left when he received no answer. The three officers departed the scene at 0633, five minutes after they arrived.

"Warren and Taliaferro crawled back inside their room. They again heard Douglas' continuing screams; again called the police; told the officer that the intruders had entered the home, and requested immediate assistance. Once again, a police officer assured them that help was on the way. This second call was received at 0642 and recorded merely as "investigate the trouble;" it was never dispatched to any police officers.

"Believing the police might be in the house, Warren and Taliaferro called down to Douglas, thereby alerting Kent to their presence. At knife point, Kent and Morse then forced all three women to accompany them to Kent's apartment. For the next fourteen hours the captive women were raped, robbed, beaten, forced to commit sexual acts upon one another, and made to submit to the sexual demands of Kent and Morse."

Know this: IT IS NOT THE DUTY OF THE POLICE TO PROTECT INDIVIDUALS! The police exist to improve the safety of the community and that is that. The Police Department / the Sheriff's Department does its best and cannot be held accountable for the chaotic behaviors attending to our species.

5. Joshmoy

Joshmoy New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Wow! I'm just learning new things here daily. Thanks Keith, old geezer and PedroP for the eye opener. I never knew about the laws in Australia but now I do.

I come from Nigeria in West Africa where almost anything goes. I don't know if there are regulations on weapon purchase and if there are any, they are not implemented. The rate at which you can get weapons here is really alarming! Almost every street thug is in possession of one form of weapon or the other.

Some time ago, my house was broken into by about three guys. I stay in a rented apartment. My room was at the back of the building. I immediately alerted my family members and we proceeded to secure our door and they couldn't break in.

On the streets, I think it's best to be careful when walking. Always look behind you to ensure that you are not being followed. Try to also refrain from going out alone when it's really late. If you have to go out when its late, make sure you carry little or no valuable with you.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't live in an area where robbery is common, even when I lived in the city I was never robbed, if you knew what I looked like you'd probably be able to see why!!:p
    but in general, I keep banging on about "situational awareness" and taking note of what is going on around you, most people are too busy with their mobiles and music players that they don't have a clue what is going on around them and these are the ones who get "mugged"/ street robbery.

7. texsun54

texsun54 Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I try to avoid being places late at night where a gang might attack. But I never leave home without my firearm, fortunately I have never had to pull my weapon, and I hope never to have to. In the US, the police have no obligation to protect you from a crime, they exist to apprehend someone once a crime has been committed, so it is up to you to avoid being a victim. In the state in which I live you have a right to use force and even deadly force if you feel your life or the life of another person is in danger.

Joshmoy likes this.
  8. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:

You have really good points here. Any potential threat won't come out of nowhere. So with a bit of situational awareness, you can avoid most dangerous situations. If however there is no other option and you're surprised you might hand your valuables and simply walk away knowing you did what you had to survive. However, there have been reports of robbers attacking or killing their victims even after they handed them their valuables. So nothing beats knowing how to defend yourself or how to stay alive at least.

Joshmoy likes this.
  9. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Police in the UK are only reactive not proactive, in other words they only respond once a crime has occurred, in most cases where a burglary has occurred but no one has been injured and the criminal is long gone the best you can hope for is a crime number for your insurance.
    the days of "The Bobby" on the beat are long gone apart from maybe a few city centres, out here in the countryside I haven't spoken to a cop for maybe 17 years, and the only time I see them is in a car on the motorways....maybe.

10. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    Gang 's in the UK are only active in the cities, and its mostly street gangs made up of teenagers and younger kids some as young as 10.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  11. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    we recently had a gang attack in London, one gang attacking the other, they were spraying ACID at each other, I know from reports that they were around 15 years of age.

12. PCH

PCH New Member
      3/29

Blog Posts:
    I’m not in an area where gangs are common. That being said, I have a license to carry a gun and it is always with me.

13. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I feel SO blessed!! Where I live it is simple, you shoot them and kill them. Since they know that this is a VERY real and totally legal response to that sort of situation gangs tend to be a lot more cautious about messing with people. Even without a concealed carry permit it is legal to have all the guns you want on your property and to use them to protect not only your person but your property and possessions. This includes your home, place of business, cars, trucks, and boats. For just a little money you can get a license to carry. In Texas it isn't a concealed carry because you don't have to hide your gun. You can carry it proudly out before everyone on your hip. Gangs don't like it here very much. You can legally HUNT and kill thieves as long as they are on your property and stealing from you.

Do you know what the strange thing is? Very few people are getting shot in Texas. After the first couple of months when thieves and muggers were killed all over the place it has been nice and quiet. Our criminal element may not be smart but even a criminal can understand when Granny pulls out a gun and starts shooting at them. This has actually happened. A 79 year old woman took on two young men in her house. One survived to be arrested later the other one didn't make the trip. Bet nobody tries to rob Granny again!

There have been no road rage killings that I have heard of and only two legally licensed concealed carry people commit a crime with those weapons in the last SEVERAL years. With all of our guns we shoot less people than they do in other places like Chicago, LA, Washington DC and New York City where guns are almost totally illegal to own much less use.

14. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Only real way of surviving a gang attack is to have comrades. Armed humans would be best, however letting loose a bunch of unhappy dogs on these attackers will be a big-time help. My good-sized dog WILL bite an intruder -- the thing has almost gotten a'hold of me when I pretend to grab my wife; fangs & death growl, the dog shows its fangs and growls also.

If I ran some sort of shop, say a jewelry store, my nighttime guard dogs would be easily available to me during business hours to backup whatever weapon I had on me. I want my dogs to be an automatic door-latch away. Even if I buy the farm, I want my dogs to be gnawing my attackers to the bone when the police arrive (in an hour or two or longer). I don't want the parents of the felons to be able to identify their bodies.

This is the time one requires a repeating firearm / semi-automatic. And the weapon must be a monster, 'cause each shot MUST count. Remember, shotgun slugs bring down big critters (including tall, 250 lb., two legged, featherless types) consistently -- buckshot, maybe; slugs, yes. Handguns that work on giant, drug-altered felons include: .357 mag, .357 Sig, and the .45 auto loaded hot with flying ashtray bullets. If a felon is on one of several heavy-duty drug varieties, he will NOT just drop when shot. Think Cape buffalo.

15. omegaman

omegaman Expert Member
      123/173

Blog Posts:
    Avoid small groups of people. Avoid shady lookingback alleys and if you are in a city, stay where there's a crowd or atleast flowing traffic of pedestrians or manned vehicles. Common sense, don't go looking for trouble. Be overly safe. Carry an alarm if you are not allowed to carry a gun. Call someone if you feel threatened in any way. Dont be a hero.

16. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    don't live in or visit a city.
    there is nothing in a city I cant get locally or online.

17. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    In America when it hits the fan, there will be mobile gangs (have a home-base) and wandering gangs. Currently in cities such as Indianapolis, Chicago, and Atlanta, gangs leave the city by car (3 to 5 bangers per sedan) and predate in suburban areas. Rural areas are only entered if a drug trade has been established therein -- and oh does this ever happen!, especially with opioid addiction levels skyrocketing.

The motorcycle gangs usually stick to drug trade and are not big-time into robbery. Burglaries hither thither, sure, but the real money is in drug distribution. I grew up with a fellow who took over his dad's gang. They operated in rural areas, but their home base was in our small town. All told, they did decades in prison. Nicest bullies you'd ever want to meet.

Post SHTF, it will be interesting to see how the wandering gangs will configure themselves. What with the chaos involved, all bets are off on the strangeness and the levels of violence they will exhibit. If they use cars and trucks, it will be more difficult for the locals to wipe them out using vigilance committees (the police will be supported by such committees and visa-versa; men in my family went out at night with the cops even though my family was often on the "other side" of things; the cops needed combat veterans to take care of certain "problems", I guess; never saw anyone leave without a gun). There are innumerable people in the South who are decent to excellent welders, so putting some plate around an engine/radiator or passenger compartment is way simple. FMJs out of .30 cal rifles will bust an engine water jacket, no problem. One relative of mine welded steel UNDER his car and dropped in as big an engine would mount, but then he was running moonshine, ha ha ha! Don't forget the heavy leaf springs.

We humans have a lot in common with the canines when it comes to forming packs. And when we do form packs, the psychology gets totally morphed into unrecognizable, scary. When I was a boy and around my dad's friends, I just didn't feel right. They were friendly and good to me (because of my dad), however I knew that these weren't regular Joe's. Walk through one door and I'd pass from Appalachia into some gambling machine warehouse / repair shop in Las Vegas when it was getting its start, complete with the guys. When it hits the fan, an entire class of "people who don't take 'no' as an answer" will takeover the helm -- it will be military or some other "organization".

The big scare of a SHTF scenario is human psychology. Common folk simply can't / won't get this through their heads and they are going to pay heavy when the black clouds roll in.

Keith H. likes this.
  18. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    When it comes to ALL pack type predatory animals there is an instinct to follow the strongest Alpha. With people you can add to that, the strongest Alpha that isn't stupid. Being big and bad to the bone won't get it and people don't have to limit themselves to purely physical prowess. A RUNT with an Alpha attitude and a gun can end up the top dog if he is smart enough to turn his strongest opponents into his partners and supporters. If you look throughout history you will find these mean little dudes running things.

Gangs will have a real problem. Their drug suppliers will be beyond reach and all the junkies will be going crazy. Without the cop to keep them down they are going to do a lot of killing each other and pretty quick. With no more police protection the good people will kill them like rabid dogs when they try to carry their stupidity out of the ghettos.

What works and is allowed in the big cities, especially in the ghettos just won't fly in more rural areas. Even in places like California, Illinois and New York once you move out of the Mega-cities you run head on into country people that hunt, have guns and will be happy to use them on people that threaten them.

19. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I'm dredging-up this older string due to gang violence increasing across Western Nations. In South America, Central America, and Mexico, the gang murder rates (and non-gang-related murders) dwarf that which we see here in the U.S.. The gang murder rates here in Amerika totally dwarf what is being experienced in Europe, even Sweden. As more immigrants from violent populations move into the West, the more violence we will be experiencing.

To preppers, gang violence poses a threat to our homes and communities. Post-SHTF, surviving urban gangs will spread out to predate food and fuel from suburban, then rural areas will be next as their food and fuel needs increase. Here in the States, Urban gangs are beginning to target the suburbs. Suburbanites are perceived as weak and unarmed by gangs (of every ilk).

Post-SHTF, suburbanites will get looted-out rather quickly. Grocery stores, food distribution warehouses, and family homes will get drained rather rapidly. What next? The surviving gangs will then have to head for areas where the food is grown. These surviving gangs will have attained a higher level of successful robbing/looting skills -- the weak gangs and weak gang members will have been attrited. As they spread, they will have learned how to clear highways or skirt transportation obstacles.

Here in the States, urban gangs are using off-road motorbikes / a.k.a. "dirt bikes" for fun, but also for aggressive activities. They terrorize motorists in and near cities. Post-SHTF, these motorcycle gangs will use their bikes for foraging/looting. These bikes get many miles per gallon of petrol -- far more than cars and trucks. When I get stalled on a interstate highway, I simply turn off my engine, especially if headed downhill so that I'll crawl via gravity as traffic clears. Traffic jams on our highways are often over 5 miles long, so leaving your engine on is useful only if you are guarding against a pileup. If you see a pileup, you get your vehicle off the road, turn it off and abandon it, else you could get killed. Post-SHTF, people will just give-up and abandon their vehicles. Some, maybe many, will still have fuel in them. Gangs on off-road bikes and local farmers will drain the tanks of these abandoned vehicles for fuel.

-------

Police in Sweden are overwhelmed by the gang violence they are getting. Their gang violence is next to nothing compared to the U.S.. Sweden, unlike the U.S., is encountering gangs using fully automatic weaponry and explosives. Sweden wasn't prepared for this invasion, neither police manpower-wise, nor in mental mind-set. They had the proverbial belief that, "Those things can't happen here!" Oops.

"Swedish Police Officer Speaks Out on Out-of-Control Crime"

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...e-officer-speaks-out-on-out-of-control-crime/

"Christoffer Bohman, who resigned as a member of the Swedish police last week, has claimed that gang violence has become so widespread in Sweden that police alone are no longer enough to contain and deal with the issue.

“'Throughout my professional life, I have believed that the police alone can reverse the serious violence that has befallen us. Now I have come to the realization that this is not true and last week I resigned,' Bohman wrote in an opinion article for the newspaper Aftonbladet.

“'As a police officer, I, and my colleagues, have come to dedicate our lives to putting people in jail, but I realize that it matters less that we prosecute more people than ever before if there are ten in line for every person we take away,' he said.

"Since the death of gangster Mehdi 'Dumle' Sachit on Christmas Day, the Stockholm region, in particular, has seen a surge in gang violence, including shootings and bombings. On a single night last month, the region saw five violent incidents, including bombings and a shooting.

"The problem of gun violence has become so acute that around 20 per cent of Swedes stated in a survey that they would feel safer if they had the right to defend themselves with firearms.

"Torbjörn Sjöström, CEO of Novus, the firm that conducted the survey, stated that the number was extremely high for Sweden. 'This is not the United States, and the fact that over a million Swedes would feel safer if they could arm themselves is a huge change compared to what we are used to seeing in Sweden,' he said."

---------------------------------------

"VIDEO: Hundreds of dirt bikes, ATVs swarm Philadelphia streets"

https://6abc.com/dirt-bike-riders-philadelphia-atv-task-force-city-council/11663207/

-----

"Cities Must Respond to the Dirt-Bike Crisis"

https://www.realclearpolicy.com/art..._respond_to_the_dirt-bike_crisis_827509.html#!

"In recent years, big cities have been plagued by roving packs of young men on dirt bikes and ATVs who ignore traffic laws and terrorize the streets. Residents are asking how to fix this problem – but they are asking the wrong question. They need to ask, rather, if controlling the urban disorder of lawless motor bikes, trash-strewn lots, and shoplifting might also be a key to halting the skyrocketing rates of homicides and shootings in American cities.

"These mobile gangs are a problem for pedestrians and other motorists. In one city, a young woman was walking to her car when a dirt-bike rider trying to perform a trick lost control of his bike and hit the woman in the head. The driver took off; the young woman died. In another city, a 14-year-old illegally driving a dirt bike ran a stop sign and killed a pedestrian, a Marine reservist.

"In addition to the dangers they present, these crews of disorderly bikers terrorize city inhabitants. Pedestrians can’t walk on the sidewalks because the bikers use the sidewalks as often as the roads. People in cars are at risk every time they go through an intersection. Forget about trying to put kids to bed at night with the sound of hundreds of dirt bikes screaming across the neighborhood.

"These off-road dirt bikes and ATVs are illegal on city streets. Even street-legal motor bikes are often unregistered and operating without inspection. So it should be relatively easy for the police to stop the drivers, impound the bikes, and reestablish safety on the streets – right?

"Not so fast. In places like Philadelphia and St. Paul, progressive city councils and radical prosecutors won’t allow the police to enforce what they call “minor” traffic violations. These politicians claim that enforcement of normal traffic laws unfairly affects minority populations, turning a blind eye to violations of the law.

"What is stopping this relatively easy fix? The truth is that the packs of motor-bike riders are not the real problem but merely a symptom. The underlying disease is that the criminal justice system has been disabled by progressive prosecutors and their political co-conspirators. If there is no consequence for illegal conduct – whether riding dirt bikes on the streets or killing a rival gang member – then criminals will keep engaging in such conduct. The rise in the incidence of illegal dirt-bike crews in recent years has paralleled the rise of homicides across American cities."
    ------

1. Old Geezer
      The dirt bikes are stolen

Old Geezer, Feb 26, 2023
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  20. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I think the gang dynamic and general horde theory is overplayed and in SHTF this is why:
    1. fuel supplies will run out within 24 hours and will not be replaced.
    2. looters are not preppers and will not have extra supplies of fuel limiting how far they can travel (over here most people drive on low fuel tanks so robbing other vehicles wont be much use).
    3. roadways will become blocked by broken down and out of fuel vehicles cutting off any further travel.
    4. a majority of the population are overweight, unhealthy, unfit and unable to walk far, there is an obesity crisis in my country, almost 2 out of every 3 people are obese and diabetes is rife.
    5. those that leave the city will be few in number and will be subject to heart attacks, heat strokes, dehydration and violence from others.
    all the above are city people and will have no knowledge of the countryside, how stuff is grown or even what it looks like in its natural state, as for animals anyone tried to catch sheep or cattle without a trained farm dog? its not easy and a cow can knock you down and trample you, as many dog walkers have found to their cost, some fatally.
    I agree about the suburbs but in the rural areas these city people will be out of their comfort zone and vulnerable.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  21. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    America is different. We have tens of millions of folk who aren't wired for Western Culture.

I see precious few white folk wandering out of the cities who will have the strength left and sufficient hard-wired aggression potential to be any real threat. En masse, they will be a herd and thus a nasty bother.

Non-whites here in the States view white folk as marshmallows. That impression would be a fatal one here in the South. Post-SHTF, trespass and you'll get shot. TexDanm will verify that one. Think Northern Ireland / Ulster. Had my genetics tracked & my Y chromosome comes from one of two counties in the southern part of Northern Ireland. I'm from Protestants. Here in Southern Appalachia, Catholic Churches are outnumbered greater than 40 to 1.

Me, I married an Irish Catholic, go figure, TRUE. :D:D:D AND, I've had lots of Iranian friends. At high school reunions, we sat with my black mates from school days. Man oh man, am I ever from the wrong side of the tracks! Homey's known poverty. I get along better with those whose lives have been hell. I see most white folk as marshmallows. Upper middle class whites do not feel comfortable around me. Both my wife and I have "Irish tempers".

Many of my people can be downright mean when put-upon. Again, think about "the troubles" in Northern Ireland.

https://genius.com/The-decemberists-shankill-butchers-lyrics

TMT Tactical likes this.
  22. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    Those that do leave the cities had better know somebody where they are going. Strangers are not going to recieve a warm welcome. Country folks are almost all armed and they are going to be unlikely to tolerate strangers.

lonewolf, Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  23. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    During a true major SHTF event, you do not want to be the "New Guy" or the "Foreigner". Yanks traveling to the south better speak "y'all" and understand what a "Hollar" is. Different cultures handle thing a bit differently, than city bred folks.

lonewolf and Old Geezer like this.
  24. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    wandering about just hoping to find food, water and shelter will be fatal.
    especially in a country where rural roads are not all sign posted and very few have paper maps or can read them.

Old Geezer and TMT Tactical like this.
  25. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I notice that many homes being built of late have HUGE glass windows and doors. What's more, these large glass windows are down to ground level. Smash them and you are inside.

If put-upon by aggressive interlopers, those huge glass sheets are going to have to be boarded-up. I've posted the names of companies who provide coatings and even "unbreakable" window panes. Me, I would go ahead and board-up the windows; might even take-out the glass and replace the glass with thick plywood. I'd place a plywood sheet on the outside secured with 3 1/2 inch decking screws, then do the same inside. I would leave ports from which one can see or use as a rifle port. Between the two plywood sheets, I would fill with gravel to attempt to stop bullets. Metal doors could replace existing doors, or one could just pre-SHTF place steel plates the size of the door or 2/3 the height on the inside of the door to attempt to stop bullets.

Never forget that sand-bags can be used inside your dwelling for cover and to create firing positions.

Remember that empty petrol cans or tanks are ferociously explosive. Empty isn't empty. Our atmosphere is 21% oxygen. Oxygen tanks plus empty spaces filled with gasoline fumes is unimaginably explosive. Welding shops have the equipment to lift large buildings off the face of the Earth and disperse the bricks far and wide.

Don't trap yourself inside your dwelling. The attackers could attempt to burn your structure if they fail in their attempts to rob or take-over your dwelling. It's called spite. Therefore, always have an escape route and the means to injure or kill those who would do you harm will attempting to escape. Example, have lots of ammo left and/or booby-trap the left and right perimeters of your escape route. Have diversions outside of your structure; wire-activated or fused. (I keep dynamite fuse / cannon fuse even though I don't keep dynamite). This is where semi-automatic weapons and high-capacity magazines come into play. A pin-down weapon could just be a .22 automatic. The aimed fire should come from a centerfire rifle.

When escaping, you must have a position to which you are heading. Simply assume that your enemy will overtake you. Your new position could be another building, forest (not recommended, your enemy's cohort could be within the treeline), or a foxhole / foxholes. Any pre-staged foxhole will require extreme concealment lest your enemy make use of it. Regularly check pre-staged positions because animals love them. You don't want to meet-up with wild hogs, dogs, nor Mrs. Bear and her cubs. And you don't want your foxhole filled with animal scat. Could your foxhole structure fill with water? Sure enough, therefore have a floor (logs / boards with a rigid covering) with a drainage system or sump underneath.

TMT Tactical likes this.
    1. Old Geezer
      Flower planters as bullet resistant walls

Old Geezer, Feb 28, 2023
      TMT Tactical likes this.
  26. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    A video in my above post has an individual talking about access denial devices. Below is a photo of such devices.

Property access denial devices for keeping aggressors from getting close to your dwelling Post-SHTF. Store before things go sideways. Easily deployable when needed.

upload_2023-2-28_19-50-52.png

TMT Tactical likes this.
  27. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    a lot of the huge modern windows are toughened glass and are double or triple glazed, so smashing them wont be that easy. the idea is to stop intruders long before they get anywhere near the windows, we have just had our fencing replaced with tougher and higher timber, the old fencing was panels which gets flimsy over time, the new fencing is not panels and is much stronger and is topped with sturdy box trellis, wife says she wants to put razor wire on top when SHTF-not legal in the good times, although spiky shrubs will do the same job now but they need time to grow, Blackthorn say, some types of Rose Bushes have lethal thorns.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  28. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't even bother to lock my doors when I'm home. I live in the country and this is probably one of the worst places in the US to comit a crime. Problem number one is the 7 BIG prisons and the thousand or so workers that work there. These people are a far cry from being a good sort to cross and about all are armed and know how to use a gun. Problem number two is the simple fact that if you get caught and go to trial you are not going to have a very sympathetic jury and after they convict you you will get the longest sentence possible. They know how long you will have to actually serve before you get paroled!!!

The other reason that I don't bother to lock my doors is that I know how easy it is to bypass or disable locks on doors.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  29. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    I could leave the doors unlocked when I go out, and have done so by accident a couple of times, but it would invalidate our house insurance.
    the South West of England is one of the safest places to live in Britain, especially out here in the rural area crime is very low and normally just domestic arguments.
    I do like the American sentencing, they seem to give their criminals much longer than the British judicial system.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  30. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Sure can't leave your doors unlocked where I live.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  31. TexDanm

TexDanm Shadow Dancer
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't lock my doors EVER when I go out. The problem is that I have not had to use a key in so long that I honestly don't know where one is. When you live out in a place with few people, and lots are measured in acres nobody would notice or hear if someone just kicked the door in.

Sadly, people are slowly beginning to close in on me. I wish that I could afford to buy about 300 acres and after fencing it I would put my home in the middle of it with an electric gate that I would have to open to let anyone in. I am not a very social person in some ways. It isn’t that I don’t like people. It is more that I like my peace and quiet and am a rather solitary person in a lot of ways. I get about all the social interaction that I need online anymore.

I do sometimes miss the way the world was when and where I grew up but those days are pretty much long gone. When women went into the workforce it did raise the economic level of most families but the cost in a lot of ways WAS the family and the extended family that neighborhoods used to offer.

Tossing your children out at a daycare center every morning and then picking them up in the evening isn't a great family bonding experience. Yes, people have more money than they did when I was a kid... but is money the be all end all of what is important? What have we given up in our near mindless constant pursuit of financial wealth?

By today’s standard, I guess that I was raised sort of poor. We didn't lack anything but there wasn't a lot of spare money in the budget. Back then women stayed home mostly and raised their kids. All those Mamas sort of watched and raised us in tandem so no matter where you were there were eyes on you enough to keep us out of trouble most of the time.

The kids also had a sort of family social structure. The older kids were expected to keep an eye on all of the younger brothers and sisters. I was about the only kids that was my age that didn't have a big brother. My parents were a little older. My Mother had married her high school boy friend just before WW2 went full steam ahead. He died on one of those useless little islands in the Pacific and his body didn't even make it home.

My Dad went to Hawaii towards the end and stayed there for several years before he was discharged and returned home. The war changed the line of his life in ways that are hard to imagine. A small-town country boy, he was shipped off to the University of Texas and they were preparing him for a long war. When Germany surrendered, they started shifting everything to the Pacific theater. He hadn't been there long when we dropped the BOMB and once again the world was forever changed.

Suddenly, the old ideas had to be changed. One bomb could accomplish things that previously impossible. How many lives were lost trying to do but a shadow of the damage to Germany that that two little, by todays standard, bombs did to Japan. One bomb per city could have turned that island into an uninhabited death trap.

Those bombs are sometimes criticized by fools. They saves hundreds of thousands of lives!!! Had we had to take Japan with only conventional weapons it would have been a costly living hell for both the people of Japan and the Allied people doing it. We HAD to end tht war in a hurry. Japan was not very far behind the US and imagine a BOMB in Los Angeles or San Francisco! We bombed two relatively small cities. Japan would have gone for our jugular and probably taken out Pearl Harbor and San Diego.

When my Generation passes there will be no memories of the real effects of war. I was a grown man before the possibility of war having effects on me. WW2, Korea, and Vietnam were almost a daily reality for a couple of generations.

My child has never listen to the nightly death count of lives lost in a war on the news. None of her friends went off to fight for people that wouldn't fight for themselves and either never came home or came home in pieces. The last American troops to be pulled out of Vietnam hadn't landed back in the US before they surrendered. Their "freedom" meant a lot more to the US government than it did to the Vietnamese people.

We act like OUR democracy is the only RIGHT way for a people to be governed and live. The sad fact is that a democracy can't be forced from the outside. Freedom only is real when the people refuse to tolerate ANY other situation. The people of Vietnam were only free by our definition as long as young American men were willing or forced to go and die for them.

When confronted by Gangs they ONLY exist under the PROTECTION of the government. Without that protection the vast majority of people would gather together and step on them like ROACHES.

I was raised in an area that had a lot of young criminals. Everyone KNEW how was selling drugs. EVERYONE knew who was involved in criminal activities. Everyone KNEW that if you resisted them that the cops would be at your door before the sun went down. If someone is trying to kill you or your children only a people ruled by insanity would make resisting them against the law. My parents had to move because it got so anything that you left outside would disappear.

The cops protected that area out of it being a fit place for anyone except trash. All that a good person could do is sell and leave. Now it is just another crime ridden piss hole. Why is the protection of the evil from the reprecussuions of the good people more important than to allow them to protect themselves. The criminals have sooooo many rights while a person that has worked hard all their life seems to have so few when attacked by thieves and trash.

I am sorry but based on most of my experiences with the cops I don't rate them much above the thieves and other crooks. They seem to have an us and them phylosophy and they throw anyone that isn't a cop or a cops familly out as them so if I'm them they are too. I generally prefer dealing with the crooks myself rather than try to deal with the cops.

I never really fit in with any group. LOL, I was a BIG weight lifter, football player-poetry writing NERD in all of the stupid advanced classes. All that it got me was that I was a burn out at 17... I actually had no life...

TMT Tactical likes this.
  32. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    I've seen some vids and articles online that were very inaccurate. When looking-up info, always verify. If you have family in law enforcement or ex-military (combat military) run ideas you've found by them to get their opinions.

Hand to hand combat videos are for the most part bogus. And besides, there are BIG heavy felons out there who have done time and thus can't be readily hurt by folk who are not accustomed to being in a fight every week or so. Just figure that you can't bring them down unless you have an adequate firearm AND dump multiple rounds into them (ex: 9mm ammo isn't any sort of a one-shot stop). Intruders are usually on some sort of illegal drug and/or alcohol -- i.e. not feeling much pain.

I'd like to throw in a reminder to have multiple large fire-extinguishers distributed in multiple locations around your house. If you have a home security system, make sure that system also alarms on fires, smoke, and unwanted entries. Fires are more of a worry than intruders for most folk. Cover all your bases. This world is a swirl of Order and Chaos.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  33. lonewolf

510/575

Blog Posts:
    never had a burglar or any sort of intruder anywhere I have lived and that includes city property, but then I am very security orientated.
    friend once had someone trying to kick his door in at 5am but they didnt get into the property, that again was in the city, strangers stand out too much here in the countryside, we know or at least recognise everyone that lives here and are suspicious of anyone not local.

TMT Tactical likes this.
  34. TMT Tactical

TMT Tactical The Great Lizard ! Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I have not had any criminal activity here. We only lock the door when we leave and that is for insurance purposes. We know whom lives here and all the neighbors keep a close eye out for strangers. So far, so good.

35. Old Geezer

525/575

Blog Posts:
    Where we live now, there is a tremendous amount of self-sufficiency ... for those who were raised in this region.

City-folk, quite a few of them actually, have moved into this area. They brought their incompetence with them. We can still outvote them, however.

During a SHTF scenario, some of the outsiders and no small number of local redneck aggressive people will attempt to predate to survive. The rednecks know how to survive, but will attempt to enrich themselves. I am a Hillbilly and thus I hate Rednecks. Outsiders consider Hillbillies and Rednecks to be the same. Wrong. If some knuckle-dragging biped without a forehead attempts to get into my home, I will render it ambient temperature. Maybe I will drag it down the road, winch it up & nail it to a telephone pole as a reminder to outsiders as to what happens to insufficiently evolved aggressors.

[​IMG]

TMT Tactical likes this.