How doyou cope with financial loss

Discussion in 'Financial Planning' started by Vinaya, Jun 23, 2016.

0/5, 0 votes

1. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    If you lost your money in the project you have invested, how do you cope? In 2015, I made a major loss on various business. To cope with the loss, in 2016 I made a plan to invest more on the projects that are doing find and began to take back investments from the project that are staggering. I also made a substantial cut on business related expenses.

2. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    Life is for living!
    It is not a quest for asset accumulation. You can not take it with you!
    In 2008/9 I lost just over 60% of my worth, no big deal, just get up and go to work!

richj8am30 and John Snort like this.
  3. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Active Member
      33/47

Blog Posts:
    It is harder to weather financial loss if you have little to no financial cushion. It is slso easy if you are young since you have the time and energy to make more money.

4. henryb3rd

henryb3rd New Member
      1/23

Blog Posts:
    Like the saying goes, "You get knocked down, try and try again." In life you can't give up. If you do then, then you won't make it. I have a business and it failed earlier this year because of the loss of a major contract I had. It sucked! I fell hard. But I'm back up now. I had to take on some extra work and with the support of my family, my business will most likely bounce back. Weither you surround yourself with supportive people or have to go in it alone, you have to find the strength somewhere to keep on. Life is about survival.

5. richj8am30

richj8am30 Member
      18/23

Blog Posts:
    To add to that, I believe that your best investments would be items that truly add quality to your life. I do not see the point in buying more items that will take even more money for upkeep. In these forums you are presented with a ton of items that will help you to cut back expenses not increase them. Saving money is just as good as making money.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Expert Member
      146/173

Blog Posts:
    I lost a lot of money because I like playing with the stock market, sometimes you win sometimes you lose that's kind of the drill. Anyway, the point is that if you were able to make that money once you're smart enough to make them again, I know how tough it is to lose a lot of money but you shouldn't be affected by it. After all money is just a by-product of what you do and whatever you buy with them is temporary happiness. If you lose money go back there and make even more than you had before.

7. amelia88

amelia88 Well-Known Member
      75/99

Blog Posts:
    I guess I have been pretty fortunate in that I've always gone the safe route when it comes to investments or anything of that nature. Sure, I don't take the risky options so I'm not going to have some potential massive windfall - but in saying that I can still sleep at night because things have never gone really bad!

As boring as it sounds, sometimes I think it's easier to be safe than sorry with that kind of thing!

8. Brizo

Brizo New Member
      1/25

Blog Posts:
    Losses are not easy to swallow but at least you cant dwell on it. You can make changes in your financial strategies and make better choices for more success.

9. Anniee

Anniee New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Well, you've done well. That is why it is even advisable to start with a prototype. test the waters and see how feasible your business model is before going all in. I, together with a friend have started a corn farm of 1 hectare. We've shared the cost and would see how well the project will move.

10. Maria_C

Maria_C New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I learned to divide my income into three. The first portion goes to investments. Second portion to saving and the last third portion for use, be it feeding, clothing and what have you. It helps minimize losses since not all of my networth is into a business at a time.

11. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    Plenty of savings and a well diversified portfolio can take the blunt out of a loss. The goal of having a good financial reserve is to prevent an incident from turning from an annoyance to a crisis. And, naturally, avoiding risky investments or sketchy business plans is part of the equation too.

12. remnant

remnant Expert Member
      190/230

Blog Posts:
    I cope with financial loss by looking at the long term and recognizing that life is full of ups and downs. I spread the amount I have lost over a period of time and find that the amount I have lost is negligible. As long as I remain with the potential to earn, i redouble my efforts to make lemonade out of lemons.

13. Okaviator

Okaviator Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    When having to cope with financial loss I have to just look at where I went wrong and learn from my mistakes. The longer you reflect on financial loss the harder it will be to recouperate and get back up again.

14. Vinaya

Vinaya Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    It is true that you can stand the financial crisis if you have a strong financial backings such as bank balance, reserve funds, bonds, gold etc. However, if you are a businessman, it will not be possible to save big amount of money. As a businessman you would always be looking forward to invest more because more investment gives more return. The best way to avoid financial crisis is by not putting all eggs in one basket, which means spreading the money out instead of focusing in one project you should invest on various projects.

15. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I have pulled myself up from the financial loss twice. I have learned one thing from this. You just have to keep finding things. And you have to keep financial sources multiple if possible. As you can see that surely changes the way things go. I think once we take broader perspective of life. And making changes to the life accordingly. Then days surely change. People have to learn from their experience and not repeat the financial mistakes.