How Important Is It For You To Pray?

Discussion in 'Religion, Religious Views, and Life After Death' started by WildSpirit, May 31, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Aa-jAbtQbzc73x5ydOIgbsqRIB_aFA8K.jpeg
    I don't follow any kind of religion because I don't think this is necessary (in my opinion, religions were created - unfortunately - for the sole purpose of segregating people in specific groups :(). But for me, praying is very importante (I would say essential). However, I have no specific time or place for this. I always pray when I need it and wherever I find it's necessary.

For me, talking to God has no time and no place marked. I know He'll be there for me whenever I need Him.

Tina Thompson and jeager like this.
  2. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      525/575

Blog Posts:
    I do not believe in invisible friends, never did. I don't pray.
    Keith.

1. Tina Thompson
      Hi Keith, are you still mad? We're not gonna get along very well, I see. Why don't we just agree to disagree. I would die for what I believe in, so I can't be moved. You have your beliefs as well. Let's just try to respect each other without any ugliness, cause I don't participate in that, I walk away.

Tina Thompson, Jul 18, 2017
  3. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    i agree with Keith.

Keith H. likes this.
  4. kamar19

kamar19 Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm not big on prayer but I respect the concept, it's just a water down way of saying meditate, which I agree that meditation is very important for the mind body and soul, speaking to god is like speaking to the inner being because we have god like qualities within ourself. As far as praying to a god in the sky, I don't believe in that thought pattern.

WildSpirit likes this.
  5. Arkane

Arkane Master Survivalist
      275/297

Blog Posts:
    I am more likely to prey to Crom or Odin but they do not listen so I do not waste my time!:p:D

6. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    I am forever in the attitude of gratitude. Those in gratitude do not need to pray but remain in the state of gratitude. There is so much to be grateful for - surrendering to his Will. I have always felt that when adversities visit us there is always a reason - a good reason.

WildSpirit likes this.
  7. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    So you are a willing slave good to know:D

iamawriter likes this.
  8. Chiari

Chiari New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Hi! I don't have any religion so I'm not used to praying. I believe there's a certain energy (call it Universe or God) connecting all the human beings.
    I agree with iamawriter about gratitude. It's important to be grateful for what you have in your life and to have positive thoughts about yourself and the others.

9. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I do pray at times. I believe in a divine being, but most of the time I think their interest in us specifically is pretty limited. God is not up there making a plan for our lives etc. Yes, it is important to be grateful for what we have, and the older I get the more I realize this. Being grateful helps to keep us from squandering our gifts I think.

10. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    Every day, often more than 2 X a day.

Faith: A belief in that which can not be proven nor disproved.
    Prove there is no "God".
    Thank you very much.:D

That said I do understand that "religion" has killed more humans than all the
    wars of mankind combined.
    WOW! How stupid is that!?

Currently it's Islam leading the world in murder in the name of Allah.
    Jihad Report
    May 20, 2017 -
    May 26, 2017

Attacks 54
    Killed 362
    Injured 485
    Suicide Blasts 11
    Countries 16

Convert or die.

Coming to a mosque near you.

Lock 'n load.

11. iamawriter

iamawriter Well-Known Member
      88/115

Blog Posts:
    Depends on whose slave. If it is to be God's slave I do not mind. But that is not what gratitude is all about. You do not have to be subjected to slavery just to be grateful. I am grateful to my parents and that does not mean I was their slave. Try being grateful and see how differently you will see the world.

kgord likes this.
  12. Arkane

275/297

Blog Posts:
    That word seems to have different meanings for different people
    It is not a word I use or see any cause to use!

I have never been given anything to be grateful for!
    My conception way an accident, my upbringing was sparse and I provide for myself and I recognise no superiors so
    Grateful/gratitude is a non word for me!
    But of course it can be twisted to mean most anything one wants!

iamawriter likes this.
  13. Okaviator

Okaviator Member
      13/29

Blog Posts:
    I personally think that it is wry important pray. If you don't, you lose that connection that you once had with Jesus.

14. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I was born and raised a Catholic and also schooled in a Catholic academy. As expected, I am quite religious up to the extent of going to church every Sunday (sometimes on Saturday evening). I value my relationship to God because prayers keep me afloat in this world of confusion. As they say, problems come and go. When you have a problem, where will you go? Prayer is my refuge and it gives me the encouragement to go on despite failures and disappointments. Just like one board in this forum, mental preparedness is important. With prayers, I am being mentally prepared with adversities.

15. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I pray because when we pray, we are talking and connecting with God. We don't need religion but relationship to God our Heavenly Father. He already knows what we need before we ask Him but He wants us to talk to Him through prayers because He wants us to be closer to Him as His child.

16. jeager

jeager Master Survivalist
      272/345

Blog Posts:
    I talk to God privately twice a day, a.m. & p.m.
    How grateful can I be?
    I survived so much as a policeman.
    I don't feel I'm special in any way for that.
    Perhaps it was just luck?
    I dunno.
    I am Christian of no particular denomination.
    I've been baptized in a Church of Christ.
    There are many and all are different from one another.

33,000 denominations of Christians.
    Pick the right one.
    Beats me.

17. explorerx7

explorerx7 Expert Member
      143/173

Blog Posts:
    I try to talk to God almost every day. I give thanks for life and the mercies that have been directed to me and I pray for guidance and protection. I believe that there is a God over us all and I know it's important to pay homage to him each and every day.

18. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I personally feel that it is important to acknowledge your creator be engaging in anything. This way you can be rest assured of success in anything you get your hands on. When we do things without acknowledging God we sometimes feel very stuck,but when we askfor his help,the challenges just seem to go away.

19. Ystranc

Ystranc Master Survivalist
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    I do not pray, I'm not denying the existence of your particular deity but I'm not interested in begging for favours from it or thanking it for what I've worked for. I'm not offended by your beliefs, just not interested......There are many versions of monotheistic worship(usually completely at odds with each other)so that they simply can't all be true, ergo some or all of them must be untrue. Take your pick which lie you want to believe. I doubt there is a big bearded father figure who watches over us (except Keith of course) but if that's what you need to get you through the day then fine.
    There is however this blind assumption amongst the godly folk that a person who doesn't pray cannot be a good person, this is something that does offend me.

20. David Ejike

David Ejike New Member
      1/29

Blog Posts:
    Prayer is a form of communication that enhances relationship with divinity or a deity. Just the way every earthly father wants to hear the voice of the child so God in heaven wants to hear the voice of every child of his. With this understanding I get prompted to pray without ceasing. Am of the christian faith that believes prayer has got no overdose. In fact I see it as a life time investment in the store house of God, so I pray always as long as am free or alone. The beauty about prayer is that it can be done while taking a long walk, while sitting irrespective of location. Personally I pray to receive strength to overcome daily trials of faith that comes in various forms. Also I pray often to seek God's will in all my undertakings because God knows the end from the beginning no wonder He's fondly called the Alpha and Omega. For every true child of God the weapon used to combat with the fiery darts of the enemy is the word of God in the mouth and ability to pray aright. Enforcing God's promises in our life can only be achieved through prayers and as such is something I can't do without. My life is hinged to prayers that moves mountains.

21. GS AutoTech

GS AutoTech Expert Member
      232/345

Blog Posts:
    the importance of prayer is based on the strength of your faith.. if you dont practice faith, dont pray.
    Faith is a personal relationship you have with the grand architect of the universe. your relationship to deity is your business.
    I see no issue with having faith as it can be very helpful to most people. Although as anything else in the world, taking faith to the extreme can be a problem. As in actively harming those of another faith. Extremist can, has & is a major danger we face in the world today.