How Long Can You Stay Without Eating Anything?

Discussion in 'Finding, Identifying, and Preparing Food' started by WildSpirit, Jul 5, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    IvWRCigCEPXx8z6VWa8SwmsiEoGxluc5.jpeg
    This can be clearly interpreted as a matter of survival to extremely complicated places... :)

Have you ever thought about how long you could survive without eating any type of food? I mean, "feeding" yourself only through liquids? I confess I never thought about it (despite some complicated times in the middle of the open jungle), but I would like to hear from you.

Are wild enough to resist for a long time? :D

2. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    I would say I could go for a while without eating. I probably wouldn't be in the best mood lol but I could. The most I have gone was for about 12 hours because my family had gone on a road trip and we didn't stop to eat until we got to where we were going.

3. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    Three weeks is considered to be the maximum one can go without food providing you have plenty of water to drink. This would obviously depend on the individual, their health, age & fitness would no doubt make a difference. When you go a long time without food, your body starts to feed on muscle. Your heart is a muscle! I think the longest I have been without food was 4 days. That was many years ago when I was a lot younger. Hopefully my past experiences & the skills I have learnt will ensure that I do not have to go too long without food wherever I am.
    Keith.

4. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Three weeks seems to be really something extremely complicated, but depending on the person (as you said) this is possible. I think the maximum amount of time I got to go without eating anything was just over a day.

Keith H. likes this.
  5. Corzhens

Corzhens Master Survivalist
      277/345

Blog Posts:
    I'm not being too optimistic but I guess I wouldn't be very hungry when I am stranded in the forest. My impression of the wilderness is a place with plenty of food whether creatures or vegetation. But I have to admit that being in a desert can deprive me of food. And for how long would I last without food? Maybe a day or 2 but I can last longer if there is enough water. And what's more important for survival in situations like that is the mindset. If you can fight off hunger by diverting your mind to other things then maybe you can add days to your life.

PS. I had seen the demonstration of magician David Blaine who tried staying in a loft without food for 50 days. He was successful although he had lost weight (I think 50 pounds) and he was rushed to the hospital after that. He did that 50 days without food by diverting his mind.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    3 weeks without food is considered the norm, Bobby Sands who was imprisoned in Northern Ireland lived for 66 days without food but that was under medical supervision.

7. Keith H.

Keith H. Moderator Staff Member
      375/460

Blog Posts:
    I think the longest I have been without food was about 4 days. I had to travel further than I had planned after reaching a desert camp & finding nothing there for me! The hunger pangs went away after a while & eventually I reached some outback settlement & stocked up again & continued on my travels.
    Keith.

8. lonewolf

lonewolf Moderator Staff Member
      410/460

Blog Posts:
    have never gone without food for even 24 hours, never had to, dont intend to, if we cant grow it we can forage it, if we cant keep it we can shoot it, bottle the surplus.