How Often Do You Go To The Movies?

Discussion in 'The Hangout' started by WildSpirit, May 25, 2017.

0/5, 0 votes

1. WildSpirit

WildSpirit Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I'm a complete movie addict. I regularly go to the movies at least once a week and depending on which movies are on display, I can go even more often. My record went to the movies 4 times in the same week (yeah... you read it right, 4 times in the same week :cool:).

2. JeffHart

JeffHart New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    Good for you! We all need a good escape and a hobby. I personally go to see a movie if I think it would be best on the big screen... usually action/adventure or Sci-Fi. That would be once every 2 months or so.

3. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Active Member
      41/58

Blog Posts:
    I would go more often if I could... sadly, I don't have many movie theaters nearby and I can't afford going to too many movies. If I'm lucky, at least 2 a months but if I had the chance I would probably go once a week! There are always lots of interesting movies coming out everytime (commercial and indipendent movies, I like them both) - but I also like to watch re-releases of old movies, just to experience them on the big screen.

4. wizzywiz

wizzywiz New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Not very often. I have internet at home, so i watch my movies online at the comfort of my home.

5. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Movies are so expensive these days and most are not worth going to. I saw one this past week that was like that, however, I am looking forward to seeing the movie Dunkirk. I might even see it on Imax for the full effect. I can tell from the previews that is one worth going to1

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Societal Collapse Survivalist. Staff Member
      510/575

Blog Posts:
    I don't, I live in the middle of the British countryside and a movie theatre(we call them cinema's) is a major journey away.
    anyway my money is spent on prepping not movies, i'll wait until it comes on tv, that's free...apart from the licence fee!!

Koala likes this.
  7. CivilDefense

CivilDefense Expert Member
      235/345

Blog Posts:
    It has been well over a decade since I've gone to the theater. I don't watch that much in the way of cinema and essentially zero television. Most of it seems like time wasting drivel, so I don't bother. It is too bad, because some of the pictures from yesteryear were truly well made.

Koala likes this.
  8. Koala

Koala Well-Known Member
      77/115

Blog Posts:
    I'm exactly the same as you! I honestly can't remember when was the last time that I went to the cinema. I prefer spending my money on prepping and survival gear since it's what I enjoy doing. Cinema costs have been going up every year here. If I do want to watch a movie I just turn on my TV and find one among the channels that I have - which is over 100. Perhaps I am just a bit odd ;)

9. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I think that movies are fine to watch at home. I watch Netflix almost every night, however, nothing really beats the experience of a big screen and surround sound. A theater allows you to see movies in the way that they were meant to be seen. These are the ways that they were meant to be seen in my opinion.

10. AWPEK

AWPEK New Member
      3/25

Blog Posts:
    I've only gone and seen a movie only once. I do however wish that I could attend the movies more often since I adore watching things that immediately come out. I also love the big screening of the movies being played as well as the optional foods that they offer in the theater.

11. Sino

Sino Member
      18/25

Blog Posts:
    I personally do not go to the movies that often. I would say I go about once about every three months with some friends and that's about all. It's not that I don't like the movies it's just that I don't go, lol.

12. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    Not that often simply because I can't afford it. It is not only the cost of the ticket, but the nearest theaters are like 45 minutes away so it takes quite a bit of time to plan to go. I used to go often. I have Netflix though, that keeps me from feeling too deprived.

13. Eva.Ling

Eva.Ling New Member
      8/25

Blog Posts:
    Usually around once a month... or less. And I like to go to the movies on my own.

14. Maria_C

Maria_C New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Only once had I went to the cinema to watch a movie, and that was a date. I prefer to watch movies alone. I like listening and understanding the details and find watching movies with people distracting. I enjoy it to the fullest when I am alone, you can say I am weird. I am me, an introvert.

15. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I go to the cinema four or twice a year, it depends a lot on the people that go, the movies, my mood, the atmosphere and my time, but every time I go it's a good experience, I'm not that much fan of the movies but Sometimes it is a good way to escape.

16. Maria_C

Maria_C New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Well, yours isn't much. I am the type of person that does it for the sake of doing it not necessarily enjoying it. Like when one goes with a partner to spend some time out.

17. Scarlet

Scarlet Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I rarely go to movie theaters to watch movies. If ever I go it would be for bonding moment for my loveones. The ambiance is incomparable to watching movies at home and that makes it alluring to those people who want sometimes to escape the hustle and bustle of life.

18. kgord

kgord Active Member
      48/58

Blog Posts:
    I really can't afford to go very often, and there are none that are close by. The closest theaters to here are 45 minutes away. So, I will go if there is something I really want to see, other than that though, I don't opt to go, unless I happen to have a gift card or something.

19. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    In my country is hard go to the cinema for the situation, is expensive and sometimes the experience is no the best, but is enjoyable.

20. Maria_C

Maria_C New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Okay, guess our places share something in common what country are you from?

21. Jameson

Jameson New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I'm also a movie guy.Although I don't normally go to watch movies at the cinema. I prefer to purchase a movie and watch it at the comfort of my home. I may go to the cinema maybe once a month.

22. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    I sadly am from Venezuela, a country where chaos and misery reigns today, we are not in our best moment, because of social, political and economic problems.

23. overcast

overcast Member
      23/29

Blog Posts:
    I don't watch much in theaters. I do however have netflix subscription which I got complimentary. I have yet to pay for it. So most of the TV Shows and the trailers. That's something I am watching on TV. And that is more than enough for the share of the binge watching. I think these days with such apps, you'd be able to watch it anywhere with 4G signal.So it'd fair to say that thing are changing and you can save money in this change.

24. PedroP

PedroP Active Member
      38/58

Blog Posts:
    I like going to the movies but over here it is not one of the cheapest activities so I limit my visits to once every month or every couple months. However, I still have my student ID and I can pay half the price so that is a plus.

25. airfightermax

airfightermax Member
      18/29

Blog Posts:
    About 2 times annually I guess? I am a very thrifty person and I would like very much to watch a movie more at home.

There are some movies though that I cannot pass up. Like Deadpool for example. I have waited for that movie for a lot of time and simply can't wait for the Blu-ray release so I just watched it the moment a public screening was available.

26. Maria_C

Maria_C New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Sorry to hear that. And you know you can change that right? Starts from you then you can influence others. Stay strong.

27. Deathisue

Deathisue New Member
      8/29

Blog Posts:
    Maybe but the people here only have anger and pain and some hunger, right now the people don't listen anyone and the only we can do for now is live at least.